Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Hoo8899

New Home Journey

before complaint check the remark of the other buyer to see what they say about the crystal if no one complaint about it maybe this is the standard of the china so call real crystal and alway the seller warn that people that is fussy or perfectionism should not buy from them at all , really no point to make a fuss over this so long you happy with the look of the products is more important.

I buy a lot of online stuff especially clothes. Often the pictures seem nice, but the quality turns out lousy. I will then change to another blog to purchase and try again. All can be selling the same thing, I expected the quality to be the same so I avoid buying the same clothes, same design, or same model faces (sometimes they use one picture the same, but different sellers) again. It is not cheap either, $20+ per piece but turns out crappy cheap cloth. Most importantly, the descriptions already wrote very clearly what I expect to get, it is the risks I need to take. But for a crystal becomes a plastic, I cannot expect. That is cheating. I won't ship back for exchange. I expect a crystal like curtain send to me. I demand for an answer why plastic becomes crystal, or crystal becomes plastic.

Edited by rayfox

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

before complaint check the remark of the other buyer to see what they say about the crystal if no one complaint about it maybe this is the standard of the china so call real crystal and alway the seller warn that people that is fussy or perfectionism should not buy from them at all , really no point to make a fuss over this so long you happy with the look of the products is more important.

The description clearly states 【材 质】真水晶珠帘, which means real crystal beads curtain. 真水晶变成塑料真离谱啊。。。。 I think PRC will understand what is 塑料 and 水晶 right? Nothing relates to fussy or perfectionist, just the basic understanding of Chinese words. I don't think PRC chinese is that bad as our local chinese.

Let's move on and leave the crystal or plastic behind.. :thumbs up:

I received my second bulk purchase from Taobao, this time round I used Hoyoyo, the first comment is the delivery super fast, I arrange sea shipment and the items arrived to my doorstep few days later. Most probably they sent salah by air, but I don't care as long as I am not asked to pay extra for the air shipment.

Unlike 65Daigou where they deliver at evening/night time, the local delivery time of Hoyoyo is usually during afternoon, I got the items on Monday afternoon luckily I was there while overseeing the laminate floor installation. Otherwise, a re-delivery is chargeable at $5.

There are short delivery at first, and the delivery man gave me a call yesterday informing me that there is 1 more parcel with him and the re-delivery is free because is his fault.

As compared to 65Daigou, I would say Hoyoyo is cheaper alternative that give about the same assuarance for buying stuff from China. :yamseng:

...... really no point to make a fuss over this so long you happy with the look of the products is more important.

Fully agree Rayfox, thanks

Sometimes it's just the risk you have to take when buying online. I too received lots of items that are demaged but i actually expected it that's why I sometimes order more then I need. No complains, I don't wish to send back the items to china for an exchange. That would actually cost more then the item itself.

I have bought many things from Taobao, with the price I paid, I always have surprises rather than disappointment when I see the real stuff :good: .

I have bought many things from Taobao, with the price I paid, I always have surprises rather than disappointment when I see the real stuff :good: .

Dear Seniors

new forum user here! i wanna get items from taobao too but is there a way to get them to ship to singapore?

keep up the good vibe , it seem u enjoy the process of the renovation journey which is good not lot of home owner is as lucky as you hope your renovation

swee swee all the way

Dear Seniors

new forum user here! i wanna get items from taobao too but is there a way to get them to ship to singapore?

Read Hoo's blog from day 1 and you will know where and how to buy....

Hoo ~ Think Taobao should pay you commission... :sport-smiley-004:

Timtim - thanks, my reno is already completed on Monday, slightly less than a month. Ofcoz not always swee swee der, many things happened in between, several time I almost shout at the contractor, if you read somewhere in my blog, everything cannot cannot and cannot.... I am glad that I have experienced the whole process, no doubt very tired, but it's a very memorable event in my lifetime.

Kenobi - welcome to RT. Try searching google with key word "taobao sg", you will see a lot of agents that can ship things to sg for you. I have personally tried 65daigou and hoyoyo, and I will continue with hoyoyo for my future purchases. Buying from taobao is really fun, especially when you receive a bulk of items at once, a lot of surprises and hapiness to discover. It's also a virus, I have so far spent almost 2k on taobao stuff, 不知不觉 der, so don get addicted like me, happy shopping.

Jass - you too bought a lot from taobao, haven't see you comment on the stuff you bought ler, you don't want to earn conmission meh?

Timtim - thanks, my reno is already completed on Monday, slightly less than a month. Ofcoz not always swee swee der, many things happened in between, several time I almost shout at the contractor, if you read somewhere in my blog, everything cannot cannot and cannot.... I am glad that I have experienced the whole process, no doubt very tired, but it's a very memorable event in my lifetime.

Kenobi - welcome to RT. Try searching google with key word "taobao sg", you will see a lot of agents that can ship things to sg for you. I have personally tried 65daigou and hoyoyo, and I will continue with hoyoyo for my future purchases. Buying from taobao is really fun, especially when you receive a bulk of items at once, a lot of surprises and hapiness to discover. It's also a virus, I have so far spent almost 2k on taobao stuff, 不知不觉 der, so don get addicted like me, happy shopping.

Jass - you too bought a lot from taobao, haven't see you comment on the stuff you bought ler, you don't want to earn conmission meh?

2k? SGD? omg!! what you buy??!!

The shipping alone I take it at 600, so the rest of 1400 are for the blinds, curtains, 2 carpets, wallpapers, lightings, and others small small items. In Singapore, one of my friend spent 1k for curtain for living room, another friend spent 500 for 1 carpet, wallpapering the TV console wall cost about 500 in SG, chanderlier and the dining lights being sell in SG for at least 200-300 each. Also we bought a rack for store room, the similar one at carefour already 100 plus, then don't forget also the taps, the crystal, the picture frames, the bladless fan and many more.

So NeoBY, is it still cheaper to get from China?

Edited by Hoo8899

7168465566_ff0fd292eb.jpg

7168465344_c6941f4fe9.jpg

7168463152_074b681d84.jpg

7168459790_69fd15b5a9.jpg

There are indeed many ideas in our mind, but due to tight budget on reno, we can just do it on simple and practical way. If we are rich enough, and willing to spend 80k on renovation like my friend did, I would show the contractor: nah, this is how I want my living room and bedroom to be...

But who knows 20 years down the road, by chance we can buy a new home, then we will probably do so.. :yamseng:

actually i think the most important is not how much u spend on the renovation but how u decorated the place with accessory and furniture if u decorated it with nice stuff and furniture people will be more impressed with the nice thing you have to notice about what you do to the ceiling or wall ,that the problem of a lot of other that over spend on renovation and decided to save on furniture and the end result is never impressive .

7168465566_ff0fd292eb.jpg

7168465344_c6941f4fe9.jpg

7168463152_074b681d84.jpg

7168459790_69fd15b5a9.jpg

There are indeed many ideas in our mind, but due to tight budget on reno, we can just do it on simple and practical way. If we are rich enough, and willing to spend 80k on renovation like my friend did, I would show the contractor: nah, this is how I want my living room and bedroom to be...

But who knows 20 years down the road, by chance we can buy a new home, then we will probably do so.. :yamseng: