Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Hoo8899

New Home Journey

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The shipping alone I take it at 600, so the rest of 1400 are for the blinds, curtains, 2 carpets, wallpapers, lightings, and others small small items. In Singapore, one of my friend spent 1k for curtain for living room, another friend spent 500 for 1 carpet, wallpapering the TV console wall cost about 500 in SG, chanderlier and the dining lights being sell in SG for at least 200-300 each. Also we bought a rack for store room, the similar one at carefour already 100 plus, then don't forget also the taps, the crystal, the picture frames, the bladless fan and many more.

So NeoBY, is it still cheaper to get from China?

yah lah. ok. i go ikea 1 trip already 800+. just that the shipping cost is an eye sore.

The shipping alone I take it at 600, so the rest of 1400 are for the blinds, curtains, 2 carpets, wallpapers, lightings, and others small small items. In Singapore, one of my friend spent 1k for curtain for living room, another friend spent 500 for 1 carpet, wallpapering the TV console wall cost about 500 in SG, chanderlier and the dining lights being sell in SG for at least 200-300 each. Also we bought a rack for store room, the similar one at carefour already 100 plus, then don't forget also the taps, the crystal, the picture frames, the bladless fan and many more.

So NeoBY, is it still cheaper to get from China?

Worth it! I always wanted to purchase from taobao but in the end worried about the shipping cost might be even more expensive than the items itself. Do you have all items send over in one shipment? Maybe you bought a lot, that's why it is worth! :good:

Worth it! I always wanted to purchase from taobao but in the end worried about the shipping cost might be even more expensive than the items itself. Do you have all items send over in one shipment? Maybe you bought a lot, that's why it is worth! :good:

yah lah, shipping kills. i was contemplating to buy furniture from http://www.hawaii50bkk.com/ but gave up in the end cos the shipping. the furniture cost slightly less or just as much as buying in singapore.

yah lah, shipping kills. i was contemplating to buy furniture from http://www.hawaii50bkk.com/ but gave up in the end cos the shipping. the furniture cost slightly less or just as much as buying in singapore.

Wah very nice le this Hawaii...., ther ship from Thailand? I can't see the price, how they charge for shipping? I wanted to buy some :sport-smiley-004:

My first bulk purchase are the main things I need for my reno, the second bulk purchase are for the sake of making my shipping charges worth. Both bulk purchase I chosen sea shipment, the minimum charges for the second bulk purchase are RMB630, so we bought a lot of non-sense stuff just to fill up the 0.5cubic metre. :D

Wah very nice le this Hawaii...., ther ship from Thailand? I can't see the price, how they charge for shipping? I wanted to buy some :sport-smiley-004:

ya loh, makes me want to buy too leh. oh no!! :curse:

my friend go BKK and handcarry a recaro car seat home. maybe you are also try to haul an hawaiifiveo armchair back!

Timtim - thanks, my reno is already completed on Monday, slightly less than a month. Ofcoz not always swee swee der, many things happened in between, several time I almost shout at the contractor, if you read somewhere in my blog, everything cannot cannot and cannot.... I am glad that I have experienced the whole process, no doubt very tired, but it's a very memorable event in my lifetime.

Kenobi - welcome to RT. Try searching google with key word "taobao sg", you will see a lot of agents that can ship things to sg for you. I have personally tried 65daigou and hoyoyo, and I will continue with hoyoyo for my future purchases. Buying from taobao is really fun, especially when you receive a bulk of items at once, a lot of surprises and hapiness to discover. It's also a virus, I have so far spent almost 2k on taobao stuff, 不知不觉 der, so don get addicted like me, happy shopping.

Jass - you too bought a lot from taobao, haven't see you comment on the stuff you bought ler, you don't want to earn conmission meh?

Tks Hoo and Jass too!

Nice right?? They have what Lorgan has. Very nice!! You need to send them email. Then they will recommend shipping coy but very ex!!!