Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Hoo8899

New Home Journey

Hi Army, visit https://memberprod.alipay.com/account/reg/index.htm to register Alipay account, then use Hoyoyo's Alipay topup service to top up your Alipay account.

In fact there is 2 way of buying from Hoyoyo, as you already mentioned above. Two reasons why I use my Alipay account to buy:

1. It will be easier to cut the middle man to avoid miscommunication

2. Last time when I bought from Hoyoyo, the prices shown in Hoyoyo's website and Taobao is different, due to the "limited time offer/discount" not being captured by Hoyoyo. (I just checked again and it seems that Hoyoyo already rectify this issue)

Since I already have my Alipay account, I will continue to buy using Alipay as it will be faster and easier.

Hmm yes, but I cant set up Alipay cos it requires a China-based IC/passport no. to register/verify ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hmm yes, but I cant set up Alipay cos it requires a China-based IC/passport no. to register/verify ?

Don't need, I can't recall how I did that, but I remember I register with my email address and did not provide any IC/Passpport numbers. Beware don't lost your password because very troublesome as we are not PRC. I once almost lost my password after top up the accounts, contacted them but at last they didn't get back to me after getting a copy of my passport. Luckily I recalled the password at last..

Now I would like to talk about our contractor, uncle Heng..

Having read through some threads in RT, I have found this tiny contractor firm in Yishun, initially we wanted to meet Mr Lee as someone in RT used his services before. But we met this uncle Heng instead. The first impression, friendly and friendly... The shop/showroom isn't big, and I find that the choices of materials (eg. the acrylic panel for bi-fold door) are very very very very limited. From the first quote he gave, bravo! Meet our budget and since that we decided to move on with him.

On the good side, his job was fast, the first day all hacking (of bathrooms and kitchen's floor) done, by first week tiling works were 90% done, all partition work done; second week both bathrooms (includes plumbing work and installation of accessories) were ready, kitchen's wall plastering done, study room and door done; third week chemical wash and kitchen cabinets. In fact by mid of third week my house was 90% done, the last 2 things is the granite top and glass backsplash that waited quite a while. I would also highlight that uncle Heng is using M'sian tiling workers and not the cheapest workers, so I assume the workmanship should be ok and realiable (in fact no complaint so far on the tiles). The kitchen wall was plastered, so far no cracking after painting.

Ofcoz works were fast, uncle Heng also fast in asking money. Before anything started, more than 30% paid, before the bar table was fixed, 100% paid. After full payments, we did ask for some extra tiles and to repair the silicon which wasn't applied properly, and uncle sent his guys to deliver the tiles and rectify the silicon issue within days.

Overall I see uncle Heng as a man that is not so resourceful (if you are very very particular on the design/colour/materials used, dont use him), very efficient (if you are in hurry to get renovation done, use him), responsible (if you are seeking a realiable contractor, use him), definitely not the type of person that likes ketok (if you don't want to be cheated, use him), have his own opinion and don't really like to follow not-so-reasonable instructions (old man are like that, use him if you don't mind), a result-oriented person but not so service-oriented (if you like people to fetch you here and there to select basin, W/C, accessories; then look for ID, if not use him).

Last thing to say, he recommended a cheap welding guy (for front gate trimming) and a not-expensive electrician.

Good to see your review for your contractor. As long renovation completes within the time frame you want, and problem-solve for you, then everything is good. :thumbs up:

Good to see your review for your contractor. As long renovation completes within the time frame you want, and problem-solve for you, then everything is good. :thumbs up:

ya lah, i find that reno done on time and everything done nicely, its already good. the fancy fancy stuff, we can diy or buy things to decorate our own flat. Well done!!

Don't need, I can't recall how I did that, but I remember I register with my email address and did not provide any IC/Passpport numbers. Beware don't lost your password because very troublesome as we are not PRC. I once almost lost my password after top up the accounts, contacted them but at last they didn't get back to me after getting a copy of my passport. Luckily I recalled the password at last..

Sigh..really cannot..they need it to activate the account.

Thanks anyway! Maybe your acct was set up long before :)

Yalor, fortunate enough to find a realiable one, don't have to be a super good LOL

ya lah, i find that reno done on time and everything done nicely, its already good. the fancy fancy stuff, we can diy or buy things to decorate our own flat. Well done!!

Also the after sales service, hope uncle don't fails us..

Sigh..really cannot..they need it to activate the account.

Thanks anyway! Maybe your acct was set up long before :)

Maybe you try using your foreign passport, maybe can. I just open my Alipay about 2 months ago.

Finally, the wallpapers. I bought 2 rolls for TV console, each roll 60X70, so need to cut into 4 pieces, will put them up tomorrow.

6996138642_a2424032d3.jpg

Hi Hoo, can I check wif u, how did u managed to paste the wallpaper to cover the bomb shelter? How did u cut out the handle part and how to paste over the door? Thanks.

6996137034_4c505d0381.jpg

Hmm, you know how to wrap a present? That's the way how I "wrapped" the bomb shelter door. On the handle side, you just need to cut a small hole on the wallpaper (is paper anyway, so easy to cut) and then increase the size of the hole until it is just nice to fit in the handle. Well I don't wrap presents often, so the bomb shelter door is not coverred nicely, if I would have second chance, I think I can probably do better.

Hi all,

Yes, people are laughing at me when i told them the price. Its actually at Bedok Central, located next to Bedok point.

No reno was done up by previous owner, means i need to do up the whole place except for 2 toilets, kitchen and service balcony which are done up by HDB.

Prime? I wouldn't say that but it's in Bedok Central that's why.

Initially i was shock to know that the house was valued at 415k but come to think of it, the estate is only 1.5 years old and looking at the past transactions for that estate, 3rooms are selling at 455k and 4rms between 620-650k so i think that its still ok.

Will be collecting my keys in May, reno will start and hopfully will be able to move in by June.

Clementi flats are also at rocket high price too, 3 rm @ $400-420k++

Ho, how much did you pay for your 5A flat? You are really lucky at get $0 COV! I have a friend who is even luckier, bgt a 5rm flat in Jurong at below valuation price, can't believe it, it's a top floor unit too! :dunno:

Clementi flats are also at rocket high price too, 3 rm @ $400-420k++

Ho, how much did you pay for your 5A flat? You are really lucky at get $0 COV! I have a friend who is even luckier, bgt a 5rm flat in Jurong at below valuation price, can't believe it, it's a top floor unit too! :dunno:

Hi Claudia, :dribble: below valuation?? Anyway we are just fortunate enough :P , ofcoz if can afford we will choose a better location, and if better location the COV doesn't come cheap. We got this unit at slightly higher than highest price of the 3 rm flat in Clementi you mentioned :P