Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Hoo8899

New Home Journey

Sigh..really cannot..they need it to activate the account.

Thanks anyway! Maybe your acct was set up long before :)

You can just use your passport number and your contact including your country code.

I just registered few days ago, no problem.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

You can just use your passport number and your contact including your country code.

I just registered few days ago, no problem.

Yes can already:))) thanks!

7151602401_a15a1d654f.jpg

bro.. wat are the adhesive u used? im looking for some glue to stick back my stretch of wallpaper which the edges are peeling off.. :(

care to share where to get the glue or perhaps do u still haf some leftover to spare? i can buy some from ya.. :)

bro.. wat are the adhesive u used? im looking for some glue to stick back my stretch of wallpaper which the edges are peeling off.. :(

care to share where to get the glue or perhaps do u still haf some leftover to spare? i can buy some from ya.. :)

Hi, the easier way is to get from Homefix or Selffix, I bought a pack for just $10, suppose I should need 2 pack for all my wallpapers, but at last I don't even finish the first pack.. I do have leftover, you can drop by my house at Sembawang to get some, who knows we are neighbour :drunk:

Edited by Hoo8899

Hi,

I saw this light in TB as well and was thinking of using it for my WIW.

You mentioned the light bulb u bought in TB bursted... so which type of light bulb are you using currently.

How is the lighting effect; is it bright enough for dining area? I am think of using for WIW, should be sufficient but still, afraid it will be too dark...

Oh, I saw that your service yard window installation is only $280; cheapest quote ever so far! can you pm me the provider as well?

Appreciate it ya!

Forget to show the picture about the dining light

6996142138_87e680e1ff.jpg

Problem with this light is that it is too yellowish, remember the blue colour bulb I bought, it produces white light. So I plug in, switch on, and it burst :jawdrop: . So I conduct investigation and found out that it supports only 12V voltage, so it is useless unless I buy a thing called voltage converter or something, but then will need an expert to fix that for me. Anyway I still have 3 blue bulb, specification G4 12V 20W colour 6800, anyone interested to buy please contact me yo :yamseng:

Edited by baobeimamii

Hi妈咪, I actually can't imagine how you are going to fix the light in your WIW??? Anyway for my dining light the appropriate light bulb is G4 220V, but I bought G4 12V spare bulb instead, ofcoz when the voltage is different, it burst. It is bright enough, using 3x20W bulb, so consume quite a lot of energy also, but there is only warm light option, because the white light bulb (G4 12V which I bought) cannot be used.

You may have misunderstand the $280 window, it is actually the window between the kitchen and the service yard, is just a normal 2 sliding panel aluminium-framed glass window without grill, I am not sure about the price quoted outside, but at least I think that I can afford it, so go ahead with it. Do you still want the contact?

Now I would like to talk about our contractor, uncle Heng..

Having read through some threads in RT, I have found this tiny contractor firm in Yishun, initially we wanted to meet Mr Lee as someone in RT used his services before. But we met this uncle Heng instead. The first impression, friendly and friendly... The shop/showroom isn't big, and I find that the choices of materials (eg. the acrylic panel for bi-fold door) are very very very very limited. From the first quote he gave, bravo! Meet our budget and since that we decided to move on with him.

On the good side, his job was fast, the first day all hacking (of bathrooms and kitchen's floor) done, by first week tiling works were 90% done, all partition work done; second week both bathrooms (includes plumbing work and installation of accessories) were ready, kitchen's wall plastering done, study room and door done; third week chemical wash and kitchen cabinets. In fact by mid of third week my house was 90% done, the last 2 things is the granite top and glass backsplash that waited quite a while. I would also highlight that uncle Heng is using M'sian tiling workers and not the cheapest workers, so I assume the workmanship should be ok and realiable (in fact no complaint so far on the tiles). The kitchen wall was plastered, so far no cracking after painting.

Ofcoz works were fast, uncle Heng also fast in asking money. Before anything started, more than 30% paid, before the bar table was fixed, 100% paid. After full payments, we did ask for some extra tiles and to repair the silicon which wasn't applied properly, and uncle sent his guys to deliver the tiles and rectify the silicon issue within days.

Overall I see uncle Heng as a man that is not so resourceful (if you are very very particular on the design/colour/materials used, dont use him), very efficient (if you are in hurry to get renovation done, use him), responsible (if you are seeking a realiable contractor, use him), definitely not the type of person that likes ketok (if you don't want to be cheated, use him), have his own opinion and don't really like to follow not-so-reasonable instructions (old man are like that, use him if you don't mind), a result-oriented person but not so service-oriented (if you like people to fetch you here and there to select basin, W/C, accessories; then look for ID, if not use him).

Last thing to say, he recommended a cheap welding guy (for front gate trimming) and a not-expensive electrician.

Hi Hoo8899,

Mind to PM your painter contact and his charges as well? Planning to get a cheaper budget painter to paint my resale 4 rooms.

OIC, misunderstood liao.

But never mind, still would like an alternative for quotation purpose.

Can PM me his contact?

Thank you!!

Hi妈咪, I actually can't imagine how you are going to fix the light in your WIW??? Anyway for my dining light the appropriate light bulb is G4 220V, but I bought G4 12V spare bulb instead, ofcoz when the voltage is different, it burst. It is bright enough, using 3x20W bulb, so consume quite a lot of energy also, but there is only warm light option, because the white light bulb (G4 12V which I bought) cannot be used.

You may have misunderstand the $280 window, it is actually the window between the kitchen and the service yard, is just a normal 2 sliding panel aluminium-framed glass window without grill, I am not sure about the price quoted outside, but at least I think that I can afford it, so go ahead with it. Do you still want the contact?

Hi Hoo8899,

Mind to PM your painter contact and his charges as well? Planning to get a cheaper budget painter to paint my resale 4 rooms.

Cannot PM, maybe your msg full liao, I leave first 4 numbers in your profile, last 4 numbers are ****. Uncle Peter, the painting guy

Edited by Hoo8899

OIC, misunderstood liao.

But never mind, still would like an alternative for quotation purpose.

Can PM me his contact?

Thank you!!

PMed!

Take over what?? I've got enough on hand...

Take over my blog, I got no time to manage, still busy cleaning the windows, everyday go back sian ah, luckily i got the blind to cover them :D

Take over my blog, I got no time to manage, still busy cleaning the windows, everyday go back sian ah, luckily i got the blind to cover them :D

why you need to clean windows everyday?