Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Hoo8899

New Home Journey

why you need to clean windows everyday?

Ofcoz not everyday, but when got time, I will think of the windows. I still remember when viewing the house, we thought that the dust on the windows can be cleanned easily, but who know after the dust layer, there is another layer of donno what laki or what sai, stick on all my window grill, I bought brasso, I bought autosol, still rub like hell then the can remove little bit of the stains. Apart from that, all my windows kena paints badly (thanks to the ex-owner), haiz, 1 cent money 1 cent goods lo!

Edited by Hoo8899

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Ofcoz not everyday, but when got time, I will think of the windows. I still remember when viewing the house, we thought that the dust on the windows can be cleanned easily, but who know after the dust layer, there is another layer of donno what laki or what sai, stick on all my window grill, I bought brasso, I bought autosol, still rub like hell then the can remove little bit of the stains. Apart from that, all my windows kena paints badly (thanks to the ex-owner), haiz, 1 cent money 1 cent goods lo!

My windows also all kena paint, dunno why ppl can paint till like that. I use thinner, very fast.

THEY PAINT, WE PAIN!! :furious:

My windows also all kena paint, dunno why ppl can paint till like that. I use thinner, very fast.

THEY PAINT, WE PAIN!! :furious:

Thinner disolve and remove paint only, but not the thick laki stains!

:unsure: what is laki stain? :unsure:

Edited by jass2112

Is it in kitchen? If it is, I think I know what.

Must be oil stain, very thick caused by long term cooking. Never clean after cooking becomes sticky after awhile. While cleaning it with cloth, you will see sticky black stain.

Tio Bo???

Edited by jass2112

try magic sponge? or use a tool to scrap (cover tool with towel)?

When your skin is dirty or when you sweat, you rub your skin and those dead cells will appear in grey-black colour, aparently I don't know what it was called in English, Hokkien peoples call it laki, just to describe how dirty my window grills are.

Jass, th kitchen one is totally 100% hopeless, and that why it cost me $280 to change it. All the rest of windows are dirty, with very thick stains, I really donno what is the easier way to clean besides rubbing with "cow-power", I saw some people recommend vesaline and zippo, but just think that it can't be help for my case. Anyway brasso and autosol solve the problems, but slowly..

try magic sponge? or use a tool to scrap (cover tool with towel)?

NeoBY, you make me laught :D , I use that to clean my basin, tiles and WC, no problems. But for the stains that have been accumulating over the decades with no one bother to "take care" of them, I wonder the steel scrubber can do the job...

SSSCRUBBER-2T.jpg

NeoBY, you make me laught :D , I use that to clean my basin, tiles and WC, no problems. But for the stains that have been accumulating over the decades with no one bother to "take care" of them, I wonder the steel scrubber can do the job...

SSSCRUBBER-2T.jpg

You will have scratch marks if you use that.

When your skin is dirty or when you sweat, you rub your skin and those dead cells will appear in grey-black colour, aparently I don't know what it was called in English, Hokkien peoples call it laki, just to describe how dirty my window grills are.

Jass, th kitchen one is totally 100% hopeless, and that why it cost me $280 to change it. All the rest of windows are dirty, with very thick stains, I really donno what is the easier way to clean besides rubbing with "cow-power", I saw some people recommend vesaline and zippo, but just think that it can't be help for my case. Anyway brasso and autosol solve the problems, but slowly..

how can laki stain be on windows? anyway, i know what you mean lah..... eewwkkk.... why don't you change all your windows then? quite disgusting to see all that on the windows leh....

SSSCRUBBER-2T.jpg

super strong detergent/cleaner? but may have to cover the rest of stuff. use scrubber later you still have to paint ur windows.

Your previous owner really leave a lot of things behind for u to zap..

By the way, where can I get this magic sponge? I want to clean my kitchen back splash, it is stained Now I don't know whether it is paint or scratches. :unsure:

Your previous owner really leave a lot of things behind for u to zap..

By the way, where can I get this magic sponge? I want to clean my kitchen back splash, it is stained Now I don't know whether it is paint or scratches. :unsure:

you go daiso to buy lah.. its called melamine sponge. white in colour.... $2 for a big packet.