Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rogeryap

Just Bought A Penthouse And Need Help With Reno

My first floor is quite small(807sqft), so I'm thinking of moving the kitchen to my roof terrace(763sqft)

Has anyone done this before?

I'm also thinking of hacking the MBR down to have a open concept, any good IDs to recommend?

Tks!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My first floor is quite small(807sqft), so I'm thinking of moving the kitchen to my roof terrace(763sqft)

I'm also thinking of hacking the MBR down to have a open concept, any good IDs to recommend?

Tks!!

Hi Roger,

I'm John, an Interior Designer from "The Interior Place Pte Ltd".

Understand that you are planning to renovate your house and molifying your kitchen.

Below is my company's website:

http://www.theinteriorplace.com.sg/

It is possible to move your kitchen up but there are some major and minor concerns that we need to look at.

Please feel free to contact me and I will be more than glad to advise you on them.

Cheers

John

The Interior Place Pte Ltd

There is no limit no design ideas here. Having dining and kitchen on the same level is just sound and practical.

Writeup what u really desire to do want with the space, i mean what will u do if u have the all the means to do it, discuss with the ones living with u too. Take this as a starting point, collect ideas and pictures(take some time to do this please), make slow and hard decision and lastly stick your neck out with it. U will probably end with better result then u think.

Hi Roger,

How is everything? If you don't mind, we can arrange for a meet up and discuss further.

Hopefully I can provide you some helpful advice with no obligation.

Cheers

John Chan

The Interior Place Pte Ltd

Tks!!

Before anything other, check with Management if you are allowed to do it. Is your roof terrace open-sky or with some kind of roof? Cause, if it's open-sky, then maybe you will not be allowed to put any kind of roof/trellis/awning due to GFA (Gross Floor Area), not to mention to built-in anything......

We have penthouse as well (but, one level) with 3 open-sky terraces/balconies but we are not allowed to put any kind of anything above them cause that GFA.......

Forgot to mention some other thing regarding your wish to hack the master bedroom wall to create an open concept.

Our master bathroom is very long and we wanted to have some kind of 'window' between our bathroom and master bedroom, to look like one big space. So, NOT to hack the wall completly, just to remove part of the wall what is needed for that 'window'. But, Management didn't aprove it despite that this wall is not 'main' supporting wall and we are on the top (so above our unit is only roof).

Everything you will wish to do in your unit will go for approval to Management and after your renovation they will come to check what have you done and if your renovation is like they approved. At least that was what happened to us....maybe some other Condos have other rules, but I'm quite sure that they all are the same more or less.....

the roof can install a kitchen due to gfa issues. even if possible, to pull the pipes and wiring, it will cost a bomb. what project is this? the rooms looks small. i would hack the mbr wall and open up the area.

I'm gg to hack the MBR wall and build a glass room on the roof terrace, not too sure if the MA will approved not...

But bro Andreja say MA will come back inspect so I abit not too sure if I wan to do after MA come inspect, but my contractor say norm dun check wan...sian..

Hi

I can recommend you my ID/Contractor.

She is recommend by my aunt to me.

You can take alook on her comments.

http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/409/342865.html

She is willing to help budget tight client like me.

My place just renovated by her. So i have my experiences with her, highly recommended.

Her quote is reasonable and comparable with Contractors. So far no complaints about her yet. Workmanship is good. Unlike my 1st reno with Weiken. Their service is very bad and irresponsible.. Price very expensive too.

To my 2nd reno, I have compared more than 8 quotes and frankly speaking, her design and price is the one which attract me. To me, responsibility is more important and i want the reno to be worth more than i pay for.. "Kaisu". Some more my wife is those fussy type. Shirlyn holds the responsibility before and after renovation.

Very nice lady. Highly recommended.

I also facing IDs not returning my calls and not even giving me a quotation whereby my wife and me waiting and waiting.

No harms getting 1 more quotation, the more you take the more you can compare on the design and price.

PM me for her contacts if you need.

I'm gg to hack the MBR wall and build a glass room on the roof terrace, not too sure if the MA will approved not...

But bro Andreja say MA will come back inspect so I abit not too sure if I wan to do after MA come inspect, but my contractor say norm dun check wan...sian..

OK, do what you want to do, its your money after all.

Just to let you know what happened to my neighbour;

He wanted to renovate his single-level penthouse and got the permission from MA. But, during the inside renovation of unit, he (by the way!) covered with metal roof two his balconies, but for this kind of work he didn't applied for permission to MA and he done it illegaly (MA didn't approve the roofing and never will because it is against the Rules&Regulations of our Condo). After he finished the renovation, they (MA) noticed the roofing during the inspection of his unit and ordered him to remove it all. But, he refused to do it so now they all are at Court....I think that he will lost the case and will need to remove all roof instalations, as well as to pay all costs of trial (and there should be some kind of fine too) cause he done it without permission of MA.

Just imagine how much money he spent for roofing the balconies (isolation, material, workmanship,....) after what he will probably be ordered by Court to remove it and, on the top of it, to pay some fine....

So, maybe some MAs will no bother what owners are doing during the renovation of their units, but you always have that 'other ones' who will inspect every detail after......so its better to be sure 100% what you are allowed to do, then after have a lot of problems.....