Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ahlipz

~Beautiful Cozy Simplicity~

Hi Pinkwhale, Thanks for dropping next road neighbour. I am a silent follower of your T-blog due to our taste in industrial theme. Wifey is not too keen so I am keeping to a semi/quarter industrial theme.

A :) wifey = a :) :) :) family

We would prefer Arcadia due to the full length window + planter bed and the slightly larger area for a 4 room flat. Since we already managed to get a number within the 1st 100 after 5 unsuccessful BTO/half yearly left over, this seemed like striking the top three prize for 4D.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

No prob :) it's just so near of cos I need to "dropby" to say Hi^^ haha.. Maybe u can really invite me over when ur place is ready.

Yeah I agree on the importance of a happy wifey.. As I'm more into the industrial theme than hubby and he let me have my way too ~ :) so I salute u too !!

Nah... Arcadia had it's many flaws too !! Guess it's always the case where what u do not have always seems better. Many Arcadia also liked the unit/layout of sapphire etc.

For me I like the internal layout of jadespring so easy for placing furniture except that I have the planterbed which I'm glad.

Do dropby my place to say Hi^^ too haha.. And more pics from u plssss :)

Good luck and see u around ~

Edited by pinkwhale

Dropped by Xtra to check out my ideal industrial ceiling fan.

It cost a whopping $2k+ which is seriously out of my budget. Looking for similar designs if possible at a lower price, unless shipping it from overseas.

Perhaps, my next best choice is the Haiku fan.

Starting out slow, shopping items for this past 2 months.

RAINBOW vacuum cleaner.

Still in its packaging, opened to check if the items are correct

pastedgraphic26.png

Buffalo Rice Cooker (Bought from OG)

Wifey luv it...

21015r.jpg

Taiyo Induction Cooker (Bought from Metro)

Recommended by Wifey's uncle

ib232.jpg

Now to look for hood... Any recommendation for low cooking usage?

We usually don't cook, always eat out. Time to try out a few simple dishes once the kitchen is ready

Edited by ahlipz

Hey welcome to RT and congratulation on your new house :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

To have both WIW + Study, U can try challenging your ID to hack the wall between U'r MBR & the middle bedroom to build U'r wifey WIW (hence entrance still from MBR), the middle bedroom will kind of a L shape study room. (think sounds challenging but good to challenge U'r ID)

all the best in your reno :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Dropped by Xtra to check out my ideal industrial ceiling fan.

It cost a whopping $2k+ which is seriously out of my budget. Looking for similar designs if possible at a lower price, unless shipping it from overseas.

Perhaps, my next best choice is the Haiku fan.

Starting out slow, shopping items for this past 2 months.

RAINBOW vacuum cleaner.

Still in its packaging, opened to check if the items are correct

pastedgraphic26.png

Buffalo Rice Cooker (Bought from OG)

Wifey luv it...

21015r.jpg

Taiyo Induction Cooker (Bought from Metro)

Recommended by Wifey's uncle

ib232.jpg

Now to look for hood... Any recommendation for low cooking usage?

We usually don't cook, always eat out. Time to try out a few simple dishes once the kitchen is ready

The Rainbow vacc is super useful, especially for cleaning the mattress & washing floor

For hood, not really depends on how often you cook, but the style of cooking. If like Chinese wok style frying with OIL, or deep frying with oil etc, a higher capacity will help (like >400 m3 type), if like boil, spaghetti type cooking, those normal 300m3 should do a good job. Most impt is that the width of the hood is wider than hob.

Enjoy shopping :sport-smiley-004:

Thanks, battle for dropping by.

Wifey wanted the Rainbow vacuum and bought it after the salesperson came to give a demo to us.

Study room cum WIW... Maybe can check with ID on this. :thumbs up:

how much for the rainbow? must be very pricey right?

Bought it for $3k+ (in the higher region)

We have not utilised it and plan to open ceremony after moving in to the new house.

The salesperson is so nice, called up the wifey recently to check when we are moving and promise to move the vacuum cleaner for us. That's what i called good after-sales service. :good:

Edited by ahlipz

A few more peektures that caught my attention

Lurved the bare stools and red items

5contemporaryblackandwh.jpg

The wired alphabet will be a good additional to my (semi) industrial theme

hns6.jpg

Cool industrial lighting

10248016.jpg

subway tiles + honeycomb pattern :dribble:

fs501466335258781327959.jpg

Swee lighting

jodiafter3.jpg

Edited by ahlipz

Design discussion with ID yesterday...

Pretty interesting concept for my WIW, save $$ and maximize space using industrial theme.

ID is proposing screed cement wall but due to FSM advise not to have "GREY" colour, we have to give up the idea (Wifey is happy X 2 with this outcome) Alternative, suggestion is to have a brick wall. Looking forward to have a raw brick wall feel as opposed to the very clean-cut white, see how my ID can do this for me.

Poor ID, he has to pacify both me & wifey. To incorporate an industrial theme (for me) as well as a homely cozy theme (wifey)

Headache part is the toilet, super unglam lor!!! HDB design is kinda "tu"

See how my ID can transform with minimum cost, waiting for him to get back to me :sport-smiley-004:

ID is suggesting a white granite top but we are still apprehensive and worried that it will turn yellowish after a few years down the road.

Any suggestion coz we want to have easy maintenance? :unsure:

Friday will be shopping day with ID

Edited by ahlipz

Look forward to see ur interesting WIW !!

Then u mentioned industrial style WIW and save money, my mind starts to appear water piping clothes racks which my contractor also suggest to me before but I scare easily rusty. Our area really super prone to rust =.= super sian !!

Defu lane, I only know KODA hehe.. Good luck to ur shopping and waiting for u to share some good find with us k...

Design discussion with ID yesterday...

Pretty interesting concept for my WIW, save $$ and maximize space using industrial theme.

ID is proposing screed cement wall but due to FSM advise not to have "GREY" colour, we have to give up the idea (Wifey is happy X 2 with this outcome) Alternative, suggestion is to have a brick wall. Looking forward to have a raw brick wall feel as opposed to the very clean-cut white, see how my ID can do this for me.

Poor ID, he has to pacify both me & wifey. To incorporate an industrial theme (for me) as well as a homely cozy theme (wifey)

Headache part is the toilet, super unglam lor!!! HDB design is kinda "tu"

See how my ID can transform with minimum cost, waiting for him to get back to me :sport-smiley-004:

ID is suggesting a white granite top but we are still apprehensive and worried that it will turn yellowish after a few years down the road.

Any suggestion coz we want to have easy maintenance? :unsure:

Friday will be shopping day with ID

Hi pls share how you going to do the raw brick wall. Is ur ID planning to use craftstone?

I wanted to do those raw brick wall also and hoping to avoid craftsone...coz too ex for me to do the whole kitchen.

Hi pls share how you going to do the raw brick wall. Is ur ID planning to use craftstone?

I wanted to do those raw brick wall also and hoping to avoid craftsone...coz too ex for me to do the whole kitchen.

Waiting for ID to get back to me on how will he settle the brick wall for me.

Will update once he has gotten back to me

Went to Koda @ Defu Lane last Friday and realised that it was closed due to them having a booth at IFFS 2012. One of the staff advised me to go to expo instead to take a look. I should have called them to check and made a wasted trip. Best part is that IFSS is only for trade members and only opened to public on the very last day, 12 Mar from 1700-1900 hrs. :furious:

Meet up with ID & went to Lush to shop for furniture. Saw a few items and he suggested a sofa, dining tables & chairs. Still deciding and hoping to shop at a few shops before making my decision. Lush informed that the lead time is 2 months for them to deliver my items.

ID showed some of the items that he will be using for the overlay, kitchen top & window bay,

Overlay flooring. It will be of a lighter brown instead of a rusty reddish brown colour laminate. Suggested by ID and followed his suggestion.

flooring.jpg

Window Bay. Initially, idea was to use laminate but ID decided to change to use granite instead. This is due to the hot weather which may cause the laminate to wrap and it will not be so pretty after a couple of years. It will cost more too. Sigh!

graniteforwindowbay.jpg

Kitchen Top. It will be an all white kitchen with a bronze handle (To compliment industrial theme) and this will keep it clean coz the contact point is with the bronze.

photoisy.jpg

Edited by ahlipz