Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Our First Home At Cck

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Coming along nicely!! :) I just finished up my Reno and started living in since Friday!! Very quiet now :) I almost went evry day to check in and take photos of de Reno… To see de house grow was so nice!! I hope u will have a great time too!!!

Thanks Thanks!! :yamseng: :yamseng:

Can remove kitchen floor tiles? Need to apply permit?

I thought new BTO flats cannot hack floor tiles?

My ID did all the permit thing... I think can hack tiles, just cant hack toilet tiles...

I think... Dun scare me... :dunno: :dunno:

My ID did all the permit thing... I think can hack tiles, just cant hack toilet tiles...

From what my contractor told me, cannot hack the tiles from kitchen and toilet but you can overlay.... But!! if your permit gets approved by HDB, den you need not fear...

From what my contractor told me, cannot hack the tiles from kitchen and toilet but you can overlay.... But!! if your permit gets approved by HDB, den you need not fear...

From what I know is home owners are not allowed to hack the new BTO flat floor tiles that have water proofing - that is the kitchen and toilets. Overlay no problem, but not hacking. Maybe the contractor got the permit from HDB to hack the kitchen floor tiles. :dunno:

I also heard can only do overlay. Even though your ID did the permit thingy for you, you can check the permit details via HDB website. They'll also send hardcopy via snail mail to you. If HDB approves, then no issue... Just curious only cos I didn't know can hack, else I might also consider doing so :(

From what I know is home owners are not allowed to hack the new BTO flat floor tiles that have water proofing - that is the kitchen and toilets. Overlay no problem, but not hacking. Maybe the contractor got the permit from HDB to hack the kitchen floor tiles. :dunno:

I also heard can only do overlay. Even though your ID did the permit thingy for you, you can check the permit details via HDB website. They'll also send hardcopy via snail mail to you. If HDB approves, then no issue... Just curious only cos I didn't know can hack, else I might also consider doing so :(

OK. I just checked HDB website. Below is the permit.

Items Approved:

The flat owner is permitted to carry out the following renovation works subject to the HDB's terms and conditions governing renovation works in HDB residential premises. The renovation works are to be completed by 30/07/2012.

1. Replacement of existing floor finishes with (a) HOMOGENEOUS and (b) HOMOGENEOUS floor finishes at (a) KITCHEN and (b) SERVICE YARD.

a. Total thickness of floor finishes and screed must not exceed 50mm.

b. To use prepacked waterproofing screed and waterproofing membrane in bathroom/toilets before laying of new floor finishes. Membrane should be upturned (up to 150 mm) against the walls, kerbs and pipes.

c. To use prepacked waterproofing screed for kitchen and open balcony before laying of new floor finishes. The waterproofing membrane with upturn (up to 150 mm) is required only around the sanitary stacks for an area of a radius 400mm.

d. To use UPVC floor trap grating with long collar at the floor traps.

2. Demolition of internal walls at BEDROOM 2 marked RED on plan.

3. Demolition of internal walls at KITCHEN marked RED on plan.

(a) All existing reinforced concrete structures are not allowed to be tampered with in the course of the works.

(b) The lessee shall be responsible for the proper installation, stability and safety of the proposed works.

© Demolition of block wall is allowable up to the underside/soffit of the Reinforced Concrete beam between kitchen and living/dining only.

(d) Hacking of brick/block wall should commence from top down.

(e) Any encounter of steel bar during the course of the demolition work, the lessee is not allowed to proceed with the renovation work and to inform our Branch Office immediately.

4. To seal up existing window between kitchen & service balcony c/w 63 mm THK hollow block as show on plan view B.

Lessee to note that direct lighting and ventilation will be affected. (a) All existing reinforced concrete structures are not allowed to be tampered with in the course of the works.

(b) The lessee shall be responsible for the proper installation, stability and safety of the proposed works.

© Only one layer of 63mm hollow blocks is allowed to be erected for the proposed works.

5. To seal up existing Bedroom 2 entrance c/w 63 mm THK hollow block as show on plan view C.

(a) All existing reinforced concrete structures are not allowed to be tampered with in the course of the works.

© Only one layer of 63mm hollow blocks is allowed to be erected for the proposed works.

SO Kitchen tile can be hacked. Scare me.... :good:

Today the air con guys come for 1st installation. ID already pre warn me about the air con guys will do the easiest way for tubing. So true. When ID tell the guys to run tubing his way. They keep saying NO. Will hit water pipe. Cannot guarantee this and that. ID say he guarantee. He will repair any pipes that are damaged.... :jawdrop: First time see he so firm.... Air con guy L L.....

p1020436hw.jpg

Air con for the study rm.

p1020437xy.jpg

Air con for the WIW

p1020442d.jpg

Air con for the master bedroom

p1020440r.jpg

Tubing from 2nd bedroom (WIW) to common toilet. ID say he will hide the ugly box for me.

p1020439t.jpg

Tubing into the common toilet and into the master toilet. Drain tube ends here.

p1020445g.jpg

Tubing in master toilet

p1020449w.jpg

Tubing at air con ledge.

My contractor was telling me that re-routing of the pipes to the other side of the kitchen was not permitted coz this will destroy the water-proofing. So I guess this is not the case since you are able to hack the whole kitchen

My contractor was telling me that re-routing of the pipes to the other side of the kitchen was not permitted coz this will destroy the water-proofing. So I guess this is not the case since you are able to hack the whole kitchen

I believe water proofing is only for the floor. It is a layer below the tiles that keeps water out. You can drill into any wall except the main beam. It is only whether the air con guys want to do it or not.... Must play hard ball with them... :yamseng: :yamseng: