Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Our First Home At Cck

hi,

maybe just a basic set including pan, pot and casserole.

first off - if u hv induction, you can't buy any old how cookware but those that are suitable for use on induction stoves - sorry can't help you there...all the items below is for gas only... :sport-smiley-018:

i prefer stainless steel cos easy to wash and unlike those non-stick pots, dun have 2 worry about scratching the surface except for the pan i use to dry eggs and stuff (see below)...

basic and serviceable brand you can consider mayer - the stainless steel range is not too expensive and if u're not a serious cook, may not want to splurge on le creuset etc... :rolleyes: mayer has a good range of pot sizes, u should be able to find something that fits what u need... even supor from china is actually not bad :P i've used their stuff when i was based in china and surprisingly good...

i'm not a big fan of WMF as their pot handles are not insulated - if you use a gas stove like me, then it gets too hot to handle without gloves, which is quite inconvenient...not sure about induction but fren who is quite serious about her cookware tells me that WMF is designed more for european cooking, so they tend to sear their stuff b4 putting into the oven and WMF cookware is designed for that...i think ditto for silit etc...they look very nice tho ;)

i'm the practical sort - i bought a mayer 16" saucepan for cooking noodles/pasta/boiling for 1-2 persons, a 24" soup pot in case i need to cook for 4-6, a tefal non-stick pan that's actually high enough to fry rice without spilling over as well as for eggs (they only have 1 model that's like this)...and that's pretty much it for a 1-2 person household :sport-smiley-018:

dun overbuy i.e. those 4-6 pot sets, even tho it's very tempting - you end up with pots you don't use...instead, add on as and when you require...

but that's juz me :dancingqueen:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

another portion of our tb shipment, a solid pine foldable table:

it came flat packed and was quite well packed because I told the seller that i was shipping overseas...no assembly required...

p1010949t.jpg

a view of the surface:

p1010950s.jpg

folded up, it stores really well

p1010951a.jpg

feels very solid and not wobbly, is a good item to get if you want some additional table top space when guests come over and store it away after that...i bought it to put my rowenta oven...

hi dragonnite, for item with this shape, how would May calculate the charges? thanks.

hi dragonnite, for item with this shape, how would May calculate the charges? thanks.

u can search on kim's thread, amcon (may) has a min shipment vol of 1 cbm at s$110 + $35 + gst ... this item comes flat packed, so calculate volume by L x W x H ... exact dimensions can b found via the tb link i gave...

first off - if u hv induction, you can't buy any old how cookware but those that are suitable for use on induction stoves - sorry can't help you there...all the items below is for gas only... :sport-smiley-018:

i prefer stainless steel cos easy to wash and unlike those non-stick pots, dun have 2 worry about scratching the surface except for the pan i use to dry eggs and stuff (see below)...

basic and serviceable brand you can consider mayer - the stainless steel range is not too expensive and if u're not a serious cook, may not want to splurge on le creuset etc... :rolleyes: mayer has a good range of pot sizes, u should be able to find something that fits what u need... even supor from china is actually not bad :P i've used their stuff when i was based in china and surprisingly good...

i'm not a big fan of WMF as their pot handles are not insulated - if you use a gas stove like me, then it gets too hot to handle without gloves, which is quite inconvenient...not sure about induction but fren who is quite serious about her cookware tells me that WMF is designed more for european cooking, so they tend to sear their stuff b4 putting into the oven and WMF cookware is designed for that...i think ditto for silit etc...they look very nice tho ;)

i'm the practical sort - i bought a mayer 16" saucepan for cooking noodles/pasta/boiling for 1-2 persons, a 24" soup pot in case i need to cook for 4-6, a tefal non-stick pan that's actually high enough to fry rice without spilling over as well as for eggs (they only have 1 model that's like this)...and that's pretty much it for a 1-2 person household :sport-smiley-018:

dun overbuy i.e. those 4-6 pot sets, even tho it's very tempting - you end up with pots you don't use...instead, add on as and when you require...

Hi dragonnite,

Thanks, this is very good advice indeed!

thanks a lot for the tips, silly me din even remember to mention that i need induction cookware as i do not have a gas hob at home. i was looking at a range of WMF which claims that their handles are insulated. but they are pretty pricey.

http://www.wmf.com/en_en/experience-wmf/better-cooking/cooking.html

Alamak, WMF really not suitable for asian cooking? I bought a wmf pan for pan frying cos i'd prefer something without non-stick coating. Some people say stainless steel will cause food to stick, but I read many tutorials teaching how to avoid sticking, so I 不信邪 wanna try it out myself! :drunk: I also bought a cast iron dutch oven pot from Staub, did some research and decided to buy this brand instead of le creuset. Now lacking a saucepan for cooking noodles! Intend to buy a Jap enamel brand with colourful exterior, probably yellow! Also plan to get a cast iron grill pan, those with grill lines so you get nice grill lines on seared meat and can use it for panini too! And a tamogoyaki pan too! Ok, sounds like I wanna buy all the pots and pans in the world! LOL :sport-smiley-004:

Alamak, WMF really not suitable for asian cooking? I bought a wmf pan for pan frying cos i'd prefer something without non-stick coating. Some people say stainless steel will cause food to stick, but I read many tutorials teaching how to avoid sticking, so I 不信邪 wanna try it out myself! :drunk: I also bought a cast iron dutch oven pot from Staub, did some research and decided to buy this brand instead of le creuset. Now lacking a saucepan for cooking noodles! Intend to buy a Jap enamel brand with colourful exterior, probably yellow! Also plan to get a cast iron grill pan, those with grill lines so you get nice grill lines on seared meat and can use it for panini too! And a tamogoyaki pan too! Ok, sounds like I wanna buy all the pots and pans in the world! LOL :sport-smiley-004:

no lah, never said WMF is not suitable for asian cooking...juz that it's built for western cooking lor...of cos u can use their pan lah...juz be careful about the enamel one that u dun chip it - is poisonous and must throw away...

no lah, never said WMF is not suitable for asian cooking...juz that it's built for western cooking lor...of cos u can use their pan lah...juz be careful about the enamel one that u dun chip it - is poisonous and must throw away...

Didn't know about this. Thanks for the info!

Dear bros and sis,

If you do happen to order anything from taobao. can count me in for shipping cost? Thanks. Appreciate it alot. :)

Hi,

anyone keen to buy cookware from amazon?

eyeing this skillet, amazing reviews. looking to group buy and save on shipping.

lodge skillet

61%2B0Gi6ubaS._SL1500_.jpg

Cast iron is SUPER HEAVY! You sure u wanna ship them in? Lodge is available in Singapore actually... I'm eyeing a cast iron skillet too, but will buy after I move in.

Cast iron is SUPER HEAVY! You sure u wanna ship them in? Lodge is available in Singapore actually... I'm eyeing a cast iron skillet too, but will buy after I move in.

the prices in singapore is ridiculously high. it is at least 5-6 times more expensive. i just went to Tangs and saw the same skillet i am eyeing USD$19(amazon) vs SGD159 (Tangs having sale now 20% off and 10% tangs card rebate) so it will still cost more than $110 in sg.

the prices in singapore is ridiculously high. it is at least 5-6 times more expensive. i just went to Tangs and saw the same skillet i am eyeing USD$19(amazon) vs SGD159 (Tangs having sale now 20% off and 10% tangs card rebate) so it will still cost more than $110 in sg.

Wow, tangs selling it for $159?! Hmmm... maybe it makes sense to get it from Amazon.

Wow, tangs selling it for $159?! Hmmm... maybe it makes sense to get it from Amazon.

the 16cm lodge skillet is already $89 in tangs and it costs usd$10 in amazon.