Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Our First Home At Cck

lala81, then are you using other media player now?

looks like popcorn A400 has better reviews compared to ACRyan hehe.

i'm still using the playonHD.

it just hangs quite often.

I guess after going HD-> HD2-> HD3 and essentially the same device being updated, they may have worked through most of the bugs.

My one still have outstanding problems

1. cannot play certain codecs without extensive pixelisation (only for anime). dunno why since the CCCP codec list is essentially unchanged since 2011.

2. crashes dam bloody often

3. CANNOT DETECT MY ROUTER! Apparently a problem with some cisco router.

4. subtitles support can be bit wonky. sometimes cant detect mkv got subs

Other than that, it still does the job. I would say its a 3/5 star product :bleah:

I have both Acryan and popcorn.

Acryan video quality is not as good as popcorn.

I'm using popcorn in my living room purely because the video quality is very good. (Like watching blu ray)

Other than that, there is nothing else I like about popcorn.

-Sometime movies no sound (need to restart popcorn)

-Sometime can't detect my NAS (need to restart popcorn)

-music won't play from the start. always start 4-5 secs later. (**** stupid I must say, I had even tried another popcorn. same problem)

-I had update the firmware everytime and I still encounter all these problems.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I have both Acryan and popcorn.

Acryan video quality is not as good as popcorn.

I'm using popcorn in my living room purely because the video quality is very good. (Like watching blu ray)

Other than that, there is nothing else I like about popcorn.

-Sometime movies no sound (need to restart popcorn)

-Sometime can't detect my NAS (need to restart popcorn)

-music won't play from the start. always start 4-5 secs later. (**** stupid I must say, I had even tried another popcorn. same problem)

-I had update the firmware everytime and I still encounter all these problems.

wah u also so many problems. I wanted to ship over popcorn a300 long ago but some reviews about poor soldering and QC within the box stopped me.

Anyway the trend into USA is all about amazon prime, netflix, hulu etc. All the new technology and firmware improvements are in these streaming players for them (Roku etc). So hence the low QC found within the industry is likely to continue.

Honestly, the least problematic mediaplayer i had was still the WDTV. Couldn't do a lot but at least not so bloody buggy! :thumbs up:

Okay, this is a very newbie question. But um, what do you usually use your media player for? Streaming movie and music from NAS. Current SmartTV should be able to do this, no?

I haven't played much with the SmartTV on mine, but so far, well, it can read the NAS well. Except that I feel it is **** slow haha. But I never owned a media player before, can't really comment about the speed ^^;

Okay, this is a very newbie question. But um, what do you usually use your media player for? Streaming movie and music from NAS. Current SmartTV should be able to do this, no?

I haven't played much with the SmartTV on mine, but so far, well, it can read the NAS well. Except that I feel it is **** slow haha. But I never owned a media player before, can't really comment about the speed ^^;

Many functions are duplicated by current smart tvs yes.

that's why i don't recommend to get one anymore. 4-5 yrs ago, i was telling all my friends that it was awesome. now, most bluray and smart tv can duplicate about 60-70% of the function liao. But it can still do other things like being bittorrent downloader and act as a very simple NAS.

In terms of subtitle support, it still can do more compared to the usual smart tv which can only handle .SRT files.

More stuff from Amazon arrived. They sent it via i parcel which uses Singpost = yucks. :curse:

vab6.jpg
t9ds.jpg

For people looking for silicon oven mitts, the Mastrad ones I got are going for 5 times the Amazon price at Tangs! :no:

More stuff from Amazon arrived. They sent it via i parcel which uses Singpost = yucks. :curse:

vab6.jpg
t9ds.jpg

For people looking for silicon oven mitts, the Mastrad ones I got are going for 5 times the Amazon price at Tangs! :no:

Nice stuff u got there! :good:

At least u got yours. I'm still waiting for my iparcel. Guess Singpost is not able to handle the huge volume.

Anybody went down to Mustafa recently? I went down a few days back and found the 100W Newstar at the old wing but no stocks for the 230W Newstar for both the old and new wing.:( Please update if you spot the 230W! Thanks!:)

Anybody went down to Mustafa recently? I went down a few days back and found the 100W Newstar at the old wing but no stocks for the 230W Newstar for both the old and new wing. :( Please update if you spot the 230W! Thanks! :)

A lot of pple are buying newstar cos it's the smallest sized transformer.

my parents went to SLT on last friday to help me look for it. Also no stock, was supposed to have stock coming in few days time then.

Bought a monster 300w transformer with it's own inbuilt circuit breaker. Apparently many japanese expats use it for their MIJ rice cooker haha. I call it a monster since it weighs at least almost 2kg...

Anyway i confirmed that my honeywell blew up when it tripped the circuit breaker. :(:(

Now since haze is gone, n i have tons of filters for the 17000. I'll wait for some price drop before i buy a replacement one :unsure::unsure:

I mentioned before, don't trust the sales at Mustafa on restock. Always not accurate based on my past experience with them. I do have 1 spare 230w transformer, whoever pm me 1st, I will sell to him/her. :jammin:

Dear Bro & Sis,

Just came across this forum few days back, when we decided to renovate our resale flat next year.

And this thread, caught my attention, took me about 2-3days to read from Page 1 to 77 :blink:

I felt like, this tread is so exciting to read, ALL ABOUT SHOPPING!! I always thought that I find good deals for my kids, I can't believe that when comes to housing renovation there can be so many online shopping too.

And I'm so going to start my amazon list on camelcamelcamel.com since ongcs mentioned good for those who are planning ahead, also might need some help on TB spree.

On the side track, my hubby also Kim, but definitely not Kim76.. LOLX

Dear Bro & Sis,

Just came across this forum few days back, when we decided to renovate our resale flat next year.

And this thread, caught my attention, took me about 2-3days to read from Page 1 to 77 :blink:

I felt like, this tread is so exciting to read, ALL ABOUT SHOPPING!! I always thought that I find good deals for my kids, I can't believe that when comes to housing renovation there can be so many online shopping too.

And I'm so going to start my amazon list on camelcamelcamel.com since ongcs mentioned good for those who are planning ahead, also might need some help on TB spree.

On the side track, my hubby also Kim, but definitely not Kim76.. LOLX

Dear Mrs Ng,

How do u know I'm not your hubby? :notti::notti:

Actually, this is the real me. I may appear stern and cool at home but I actually love internet shopping!

I always feel a rush whenever I click the "Place Order" button

I love the feeling of receiving parcels from DHL guys.

I love the smell of the Amazon boxes.

I love the excitement of ripping the label off the boxes, slowly opening the 2 flaps of the box, lusting the treasure within,,, :dribble::dribble:

I had to specially set up a private Amazon account so that you cannot trace me.

I even specially bought this house to store my shopping so that you will not discover...

But u still manage to track me down... :bangwall::bangwall:

Guess I will have to sleep in the living room tonight.... 8|

Haaa..... :dancingqueen:

Best regards

Kim

Dear Mrs Ng,

Actually, this is the real me. I may appear stern and cool at home but I actually love internet shopping!

I love the excitement of ripping the label off the boxes, slowly opening the 2 flaps of the box, lusting the treasure within,,, :dribble::dribble:

I even specially bought this house to store my shopping so that you will not discover...

Best regards

Kim

LOL...thanks for the friday laff

Dear Mrs Ng,

Best regards

Kim

Hi Kim76,

You're just so hilarious, haha. :)

Dear Mrs Ng,

Best regards

Kim

first thought was to Laugh out loud....

thanks for making my day. Had a lousy week @ work

Hi Kim,

Have you ordered or tried to bring in Borax (controlled item here in Singapore) from Amazon before? I read and researched in the internet that Borax is an effective stain remover (for laundry and tiles)? But direct shipping from Amazon US to Singapore is super crazily expensive! Need to go through 3rd party. Thanks & have a nice weekend. :)