Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Our First Home At Cck

Some of my recent loots from Amazon.

FEC09AE1-4BCF-4996-A682-FEC92E7AF10F-811

640B5B2B-6F72-4BD1-92EC-8B7E0F62403E-811

Tide Pods Detergent (Spring Meadow)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004YHKVCM/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tide Pods Detergent (Ocean Mist)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0073RT0R2/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i04?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tide Stain Release Duo Pac In-Wash Booster Twin Pack, 18-count Bag

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0037KMI0A/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3M Filtrete Air Conditioner Filter, 15-Inch by 24-Inch

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BO96IW/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

eneloop 166704298/6S Genuine AA/AAA Battery Storage Cases, 6 Pack

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B21PBJG/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20D61C7A-561E-4B59-8C70-561512EDAE7C-811

0A8FA496-0DD8-40D9-8EAE-4E47351C51C3-811

954DE8D6-91BF-4467-BCF8-158B45F40D2D-811

Stanley 60-100 10-Piece Standard Fluted Screwdriver Set

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000950PN/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Stanley 94-248 65-Piece General Homeowner's Tool Set

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UHMITE/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

KRUPS XS5012 12 Ounce Stainless Steel Milk Frothing Pitcher, Silver

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0011E60VC/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

HIC Brands that Cook Aerolatte Milk Frother with Travel Case

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001RT2C4/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi need to ask you gurus on amazon shopping.

i purchased some items using the amazon global eligible and got free shipping. items arrived and the courier guy called and say they want to deliver but they only work from 8.30 am to 5.30 pm, Mon - Fri only. I requested for sat delivery and the courier requested me to compensate him for his over time hours.

I am a little surprised and wondered if i should pay this guy for his "overtime" hours. :dunno:

i purchased some items using the amazon global eligible and got free shipping. items arrived and the courier guy called and say they want to deliver but they only work from 8.30 am to 5.30 pm, Mon - Fri only. I requested for sat delivery and the courier requested me to compensate him for his over time hours.

I am a little surprised and wondered if i should pay this guy for his "overtime" hours. :dunno:

Never had such a thing happen to me and I have had the DHL man come to my place even on a Sunday which surprised me.

If no one else has had such an experience, maybe you can talk to Amazon CSO. Sounds like someone trying to make a quick buck...

eh to be fair to the guy, most courier companies only deliver during office hours. unless it's DHL then they deliver at night sometimes.

And not including saturdays.

So if u can't have any one collect these things during office hours, then don't order in the 1st place.

Seriously, if i'm the courier guy why would i spend my off work hours delivering packages ?? :dunno:

Never had such a thing happen to me and I have had the DHL man come to my place even on a Sunday which surprised me.

If no one else has had such an experience, maybe you can talk to Amazon CSO. Sounds like someone trying to make a quick buck...

i'm sorry. if u want such good service from DHL which is excellent btw, then pay for expedited shipping

i'm sorry. if u want such good service from DHL which is excellent btw, then pay for expedited shipping

Good morning.

Perhaps I have been lucky and never had to pay extra for the delivery service. I have had free delivery 3 times on Amazon, twice by DHL and once by i Parcel and numerous times from iHerb. All the other shipping was paid for, even if not expedited.

I think delivery companies know full well their jobs. IMHO, if consumers are expected to pay extra for weekend deliveries, then it should be stated so, as in the case of IKEA. Consumers can then decide if they want to pay for this extra convenience else have it delivered to their office etc.

If every Tom, Dick or Harry delivery men wants to ask for extras to deliver during their overtime hours, then it defeats the entire free shipping offer by Amazon and iHerb. Both these companies, being very service oriented, will definitely inform customers of any extra charges or of the 'official delivery times' don't u think?

It is almost as if your packages are being held hostage.

It is not about paying the dude. It is the principle of the matter.

Edited by mad4bags

eh to be fair to the guy, most courier companies only deliver during office hours. unless it's DHL then they deliver at night sometimes.

And not including saturdays.

So if u can't have any one collect these things during office hours, then don't order in the 1st place.

Seriously, if i'm the courier guy why would i spend my off work hours delivering packages ?? :dunno:

Wrong, be it iparcel/DHL/UPS, deliveries are expected on saturday for residential addresses, deliveries are not expected on saturday for commercial sites except UPS, they will attempt because they dont work on sunday, only DHL capable of delivering on sunday.

Expedited shipping means you get your product within a short period, it does not mean any further, based on my experiences with amazon closed up to 5 years.

Free shipping by amazon, means they absorded the cost of delivery, value added service to customer. Customer should not be short changed any further, ie, pay for the delivery guy for any OT.

Wrong, be it iparcel/DHL/UPS, deliveries are expected on saturday for residential addresses, deliveries are not expected on saturday for commercial sites except UPS, they will attempt because they dont work on sunday, only DHL capable of delivering on sunday.

Expedited shipping means you get your product within a short period, it does not mean any further, based on my experiences with amazon closed up to 5 years.

Free shipping by amazon, means they absorded the cost of delivery, value added service to customer. Customer should not be short changed any further, ie, pay for the delivery guy for any OT.

I absolutely concur. Thank u Ong.

Hi Valerene, just for my learning info (in case same thing happen to me), may I know the delivery channel or company that Amazon uses for your shipment? Currently, I only know got DHL, UPS and iParel??

So far, I gana one shipment by DHL and three shipments by iParcel (which is via SingPost) from Amazon. One good thing for iParcel (which I like though much slower) is that three times I am not at home and they left it @ my nearest Post Office for me to collect on the next day.

I do not like personal parcels to be shipped to the office as you know ... there are always some "kaypoh" colleagues around asking you this and that ... Haha! :)

There are total 4 types of services by amazon, iparcel/dhl/ups/usps. For iparcel will be under take by local courier company. As for usps, SINGPOST. Personally, I don't like Singpost for residential delivery except commercial.

ok, i stand corrected.

But i don't believe in complicit assumption that saturday deliveries is standard.

Anyway u can sort out with amazon.

These courier/transport companies many are just fly by night one other than the big boys. It's an extremely low margin business according to some people i've talked to.

Ta-Q-Bin and those what not companies are even worse.

There are total 4 types of services by amazon, iparcel/dhl/ups/usps. For iparcel will be under take by local courier company. As for usps, SINGPOST. Personally, I don't like Singpost for residential delivery except commercial.

I'm opposite.

I prefer singpost for residential anytime compared to any local courier company.

It's also luck dependent, based on your deliveryman for the location.

the singpost courier for my parent's estate at least bothers to knock and wait for reply.

Yes, Singpost delivery is very bad. They always slip the card into my letter box asking us to self collect, claiming that no one was home when they called. Ridiculous because someone is normally home and if not, my guards always help me take delivery. My guards told me they never saw the delivery guy at all so who's lying really....

When I told the Singpost counter staff about it, the aunty pointed out her mail room to me to show me the number of items that were not 'deliverable'. She said many people had complained and told me to take a form to write in. Such a waste of time, I think I will just kpkb them on their FB page if they have one. Most effective way of lighting a fire under all these lazy bottoms.

Someone working at Singpost told me the postal services was short on manpower and thus, this is what happens. Singpost has diversified into so many other areas they seem to have forgotten their core biz. Guess this is what privatisation does...

Edited by mad4bags