Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Our First Home At Cck

Someone working at Singpost told me the postal services was short on manpower and thus, this is what happens. Singpost has diversified into so many other areas they seem to have forgotten their core biz. Guess this is what privatisation does...

haha it won't change anything.

Delivery business is just not profitable enough period. It's not that they've forgotten their core business, they are precisely doing so to save costs.

Outsourcing the sai gang and low profit to local courier companies.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Amazon Gurus, anyone good in physics? Just want to clarify on something.

Simple scenario: If I use a 100W transformer to run a 50W Vornado fan (for e.g.), is the electricity consumption =

1. 50W only (assuming same amount of electricty power runs throughout from transformer to fan to run the appliance)

2. 50W (from transformer) + 50W (from fan) = 100W

3. 100W (from transformer) + 50W (from fan) = 150W?

Thanks! :)

Simple scenario: If I use a 100W transformer to run a 50W Vornado fan (for e.g.), is the electricity consumption =

1. 50W only (assuming same amount of electricty power runs throughout from transformer to fan to run the appliance)

It is 50W only. So choice 1.

HI inxlee,

I have the large one. It is quite big and if u are not making salad for 4 persons or more, I suggest u to buy the smaller one.

I'm preparing for a trip overseas tomorrow so I do not have the time to take photo. Maybe I try to take the large one when I back?

Remind me... :P:P

Thanks kim76! I bought the Large one in the end! They have a bundle deal with the free lettuce knife now! :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DGGKJWY/ref=oh_details_o02_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i have the small one...here are the pix...as kim rightly points out, this size is good for <=4 people...

wtu4.jpg

n6ux.jpg

Thanks dargonnite for posting this image with the bottle for comparison! I got the large one in the end:D

Great deal on amazon...if anyone is keen....i am so getting it to add to my collection. :)

lecresetset_zps867ae83e.jpg

Le Creuset 4 Piece Cast Iron Cookware Gift Set

Going at US$180.10. 43% off. Good buy.

http://www.amazon.com/Le-Creuset-Cast-Iron-Cookware/dp/B009HL3H2Q/ref=sr_1_236?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1374557679&sr=1-236&keywords=le+creuset

Hey vanessa! you might want to check out the price now its going for USD171.10! You might want to try and ask for a refund for the difference via the customer service chat. :)

Edited by inxlee

Hi all,

I have a question - since everyone is ordering on amazon.com, how come no one wants to get the transformer from there too? I saw this 300W one for only $25.70 (current price)

Power Bright VC300W Voltage Transformer 300 Watt Step Up/Down converter 110/120 Volt - 220/240 Volt

Any comments?

Interesting would like to know why nobody purchased the converter from Amazon too?

Anyway to contribute! Here is the price list of the Newstar Converters from Mustafa:)

6ooh.jpg

Edited by inxlee

Interesting would like to know why nobody purchased the converter from Amazon too?

Anyway to contribute! Here is the price list of the Newstar Converters from Mustafa:)

thanks, but more important is got stock or not lol.

On an unrelated note,

What the SLT shop owners say is that best to buy a transformer significantly more than the required wattage.

They say that over time and frequent use, the transformer becomes less efficient and goes to 65 - 70% of its designed wattage.

Edited by lala81

Thanks kim76! I bought the Large one in the end! They have a bundle deal with the free lettuce knife now! :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DGGKJWY/ref=oh_details_o02_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks dargonnite for posting this image with the bottle for comparison! I got the large one in the end:D

Hey vanessa! you might want to check out the price now its going for USD171.10! You might want to try and ask for a refund for the difference via the customer service chat. :)

Yes i noticed! Camelcamelcamel alerted me... and i contacted Amazon customer service. Sorted...got the refund :good:

thanks, but more important is got stock or not lol.

Just checked on Saturday the 27th of July. No stocks for both Newstar 100W and 230W.

Yes i noticed! Camelcamelcamel alerted me... and i contacted Amazon customer service. Sorted...got the refund :good:

Awesome! I'm contemplating on buying one. As I haven't decided whether to get a built-in oven. Haven't had one before so don't know if it will see much use. I don't really cook! hahaha

Awesome! I'm contemplating on buying one. As I haven't decided whether to get a built-in oven. Haven't had one before so don't know if it will see much use. I don't really cook! hahaha

IMHO a built in oven is a God send. Marinate stuff overnight, bring to room temperature and chuck into the oven. Job done. :sport-smiley-018:

IMHO a built in oven is a God send. Marinate stuff overnight, bring to room temperature and chuck into the oven. Job done. :sport-smiley-018:

Erm, for someone who might cook 1-2 times a week. Would you recommend one?

We don't bake. Would it help in simple meal preparation? :sport-smiley-018:

The only food my wife can prepare is baby food ! :lol:

Erm, for someone who might cook 1-2 times a week. Would you recommend one?

We don't bake. Would it help in simple meal preparation? :sport-smiley-018:

The only food my wife can prepare is baby food ! :lol:

it really depends on a few things...

1) Budget

2) Space in kitchen

3) possibility of a lifestyle change later on (might cook more, might wanna make your own cookies etc for kids so that you can control their diet a bit more etc)

I find meals prepared in the oven great...cos there is less clean up (dishes and kitchen)...less physical time in the kitchen...and healthy. Honestly, it depends on the individual. I hope that helps

it really depends on a few things...

1) Budget

2) Space in kitchen

3) possibility of a lifestyle change later on (might cook more, might wanna make your own cookies etc for kids so that you can control their diet a bit more etc)

I find meals prepared in the oven great...cos there is less clean up (dishes and kitchen)...less physical time in the kitchen...and healthy. Honestly, it depends on the individual. I hope that helps

thanks. will do some reading up.

It is 50W only. So choice 1.

Hi,

I think it is more than 50w. 50w at least for the fan and the energy that got wasted in the transformer.

a very simple way to prove it; try touching the transformer when it is being used. does it feel hot?

if its hot then its proof then electric energy is being used to produce heat energy as we all learnt in pri sch science.

how much energy is being wasted i do not know, but i do think it has got to do with the efficiency level of the transformer.

so remember to turn off the power supply to the transformer if you are not using it, as energy is constantly being used.