Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Our First Home At Cck

Wife like the mirror? :notti::notti:

My pods are on the way to SIngapore! :jammin::jammin:

Went down to see the simplehuman mirror, wow the magnification is really a lot x5 is like omg. Didn't take it back with me. This one better bring wife along to see later kena big time for buying something she doesn't like.

Kim you amazon the Pods, i thought i wouldn't see it outside of US.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

She say don't need to buy. Request for one full length one attach to inside of cabinet door.

That is easily done. On the wallet also.

I will get the pods in also next time. I actually find it very easy to use even for someone who doesn't do hand wash.

Full length is a must.... The simple human mirror is more for pimples and blackhead.. Maybe next time..

The pods is very easy to use... The amount of time save is priceless...

She say don't need to buy. Request for one full length one attach to inside of cabinet door.

That is easily done. On the wallet also.

I will get the pods in also next time. I actually find it very easy to use even for someone who doesn't do hand wash.

No Prob! Just share if you like it!

thanks kim for the pod tide recommendation! it's currently on the way to SG for me :D

Just see through most of the post again, and what happened? My finger automatically went to click check out from Amazon again.... will update when items arrive in April.

Kim76 :good: very solid information on Amazon purchase. Guru!

Went to purchase a kettle, it says Induction ready. Let's see.

I need some time to digest your 3M filter.

Kettle which is induction ready, plse elaborate more? What is the brand of your induction cooker you are using? Some are sensitive, make sure you bought the correct one. Recently, I finally found the kettle which is useable on my picky Bosch induction cooker.

Haaa... Not only me share info in this thread. It is a community effort. Special mention for OngCS :bow: . He is the one who started me on the Amazon journey. I just carry on the poisoning... haaa :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

The 3M filter is not for the lazy people. I'm not sure if the connectors can be found easily now. If not then can be quite a headache.

If I had to do it all over again, I will probable buy a water filter off the shelf to save myself all the trouble looking for the hose and connector. Just a thought.

I think the Tumi bag don't shipped direct to Singapore now... so sad... Have to use HSG. :bleah:

I need to :bow: :bow: :bow: to you :notti:

He is.... Just quietly reading wat we post :P . He will come in when he want to make an appearance... :fire::fire:

irobot I never buy. Ongcs got that. See if he will do a review. :notti:

Yes yes, reading but not replying because busy :bleah:

Ong, how's the romba performance?

Which romba model are you looking at? Im using roomba 770. I was choosing between 770 vs 780 at that point of time when both are available. I suppose 780 is being replaced by newer models. Imo, both are okie but I dont need to LCD touch functions so I went for 770. Function over form if you understand where I'm coming from.

With regards to irobot; well, I would say it helps me on daily basis, let me share on my personal views. When I reached home, I wont need to bother much on how dusty the floor is, I find it clean enough, ie; I dont see tiny dust balls, small particles along sideways, tiny strands of hair either here and there. I can tell you, the feel of the flooring being vacummed is SHIOK. :jammin:

However, it does not mean that you can duck the romba aside and forget it due to your specfic programnmes you had assigned on it. It is not a LAZY toy. Make sure you maintain it well, ie; empty and clean the drum regularly. It will prolong the life span further.

Overall, It serves the purposes well, I'm in the market to replace it if it broke down. I'm a happy user for closed to 2 years. :sport-smiley-018:

Hi Kim,

Thanks for sharing.

Yes, I tried the Tide Pods Detergent (Spring Meadow). Finished the whole container already.

Interesting concept! Next time maybe can try the Ocean Mist. :-)

Kind Regards

Just go ahead and try Ocean Mist, equally good as well! I'm using both flavours actually. Rotating both well frequently, always give you a different feel over your clothing :jammin:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0073RT0R2

Full length is a must.... The simple human mirror is more for pimples and blackhead.. Maybe next time..

The pods is very easy to use... The amount of time save is priceless...

No Prob! Just share if you like it!

Pop the pods in, very easy and shiok hor :notti: Did I told you look at it when you started your washing cycle, see how it is desolves? Quite fun to watch if you are bored. :sport-smiley-004:

I'm not sure if I shared these before. :notti:

Black+Decker BDH2000PL MAX Lithium Pivot Vacuum, 20-volt at usd67.99 (not the cheapest though but came down slightly from ~usd80, I bought 1 last year at the lowest :notti: )

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IOEFBKS/

It is a value for money portable vacuum cleaner, It can be bended at specific angle(take a look at the video), not heavy at all. Running on DC, which means no worries on voltage issues. If you are to hunt for similar specifications, 20v vacuum cleaner locally, it will costs you a tiny bomb! In my opinion, hard to shallow.

Yesterday I carted out another set for my mummy which she finds it useful after witnessing how I used it at ease.

Anyway into japanese whisky recently? You may consider these 2 items I carted out weeks ago. I find locally prices too mis-matched vs Amazon though USD had edged up since Black Friday last year.

Tovolo King Cube - Spring Green at usd8.20
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00395BD68/

Tovolo Sphere Ice Molds - Set of 2 at usd10.20
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007ACTN54/

While everyone is so into Pods, I need to mention this good dish detergent for those with sensitive skin. A fair small amount will give you a squicky clean on your various kitchen wares. it smells good as well, so not just just Pods can give you nice smell! :notti:

Seventh Generation Dish Liquid, Free & Clear, 25-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 6) Packaging May Vary at usd17.94
http://www.amazon.com/Seventh-Generation-25-Ounce-Bottles-Packaging/dp/B001FA1NTG/

Edited by ongcs

I purchase the le crueset kettle. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0062FQP8I/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1428534835&sr=8-1&keywords=Le+cruset+kettleπ=AC_SY200_QL40

It says below in the information area in Amazon induction ready. So I thought I give it a try.

My hob I use the fisher and paykel "zone less" induction, no more two round rings.

I'm looking at the roomba newest model. How often need to empty the trap and basket on average?

Edited by benetay

As far as I know, I'm skeptic when comes to 'induction ready' I ever bought a frying pan claiming induction ready but it simply can't work on Induction cooker.

Why? it requires a full piece of induction plate, example; WMF. The 'induction ready' pan was not a full piece, the base plate was something like a 'net', lines of the net able to contact with my induction cooker.

A pure induction cooker work this way only. If the so called induction cooker able to use that piece of 'induction ready' pan of mine, commonly know as thermal design.

Differences between the two, if you take away the pan from the thermal cooker, heat continues, meaning you lay your hands on it, be prepared to get burnt. As for my Bosch induction cooker, the moment the pan leaves the induction cooker. Energy cut off, I can rest my hand there with no worries, it is a child proof cooker in my opinion!

Back to Irobot, frankly speaking, get the roomba without the Touchpad design IF specifications are the same vs buttons control roomba.

All I want is a simple functional vacuum robot zooming around the house to suck up every dusts it can reaches out. You will hardly touch the control base of roomba after inputting the settings into it. If you need roomba around, there is a remote to drive around.

I check the bin once every 2 weeks, if you open your windows and door often when you are back home, might be weekly basis. Aside from the bin, make sure the brush roller is free from strips of hair struck at side, it will be a headache if you allow it to accumulate! Have fun!

Thanks for the information Ongcs. I read the reviews and many said it works on their induction so I purchase it and if it doesn't work then have to use it on a gas stove.

Appreciate your time in writing this very great knowledge sharing post, i have benefitted a lot from it.