Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Our First Home At Cck

house still long way not even completing soon leh haha hopefully next yr can start to collect keys LOL

anyway i also bought this as recommended by u.. but blur me.. went to ordered 2 -.-"

And I din expect it to big sooo big haha or should I say fat??

06.png

Would you like to sell me 1 since you bought 2 by mistake?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi ong and kim, i have some questions about the black and decker handheld vacuum. The manual says 120v for the base charger. Do you use a transformer for that? What do you mean by '20v so no need to worry about voltage'?

Hope you can advise. Thanks!

Hi ong and kim, i have some questions about the black and decker handheld vacuum. The manual says 120v for the base charger. Do you use a transformer for that? What do you mean by '20v so no need to worry about voltage'?

Hope you can advise. Thanks!

I dont read the manual :notti: I read reviews and comments, as far as I know, the power adaptor runs on 120 to 240 input with output to DC. As such, it is usable in Singapore. I bought 2 sets, all are usable without transformer in my case. Ditto for Kim and Dragonite.

20v refers to the lithium ion battery in the handheld. The higher the voltage, the greater suction power it provides.

It seems like Amazon don't ship them to SG anymore. Be patient and wait for it again.

Edited by ongcs

Never see before. Not cheap too.... What makes u select this? Beside other blender.

Note that it may be in only 110v. So u will need a transformer for this.

Newbies + Amazon addict here, after reading useful info here!!Special thanks to Ongcs & Kim :)

Nutribullet Extractor (fruit), anyone use before?

http://www.amazon.com/Bullet-NutriBullet-12-Piece-High-Speed-Blender/dp/B007TIE0GQ

any lobang to get this kitchen faucet from overseas at a cheaper price?

http://www.us.kohler.com/us/Karbon%E2%84%A2-Faucets/content/CNT7900013.htm?id1=www.kohler.com/karbon/

Kohler_Karbon_Kitchen_Faucet_03.jpg

iceprice don't sell leh, amazon does sell, but i think US the threading different from SG, so not compatible right?

I had seen some people buy Kohler from Taobao, but I never try before so I can't comment.

If it is me, I will buy from Amazon and get local plumber to fix for me.

Or if you are adventurous, get the connector n do yourself. :jammin::jammin:

US thread is 3/8" female and Singapore thread is 1/2" male.

You can get this connector from Teck Siong Huat Hardware located at Blk 28, Kelantan Road, #01-137, Singapore 200028, TEL 6848 4848

it will look something like below link.

https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/440043-131280

Hope it is helpful. Do share a picture if u got this tap. It looks really good!!!! :good::good::good:

hey kim, thanks for replying! you should receive an award for your t-blog haha.

I am also looking for thermostatic mixer, but my new condo already have a mixer (non-thermostatic).

I am concerned if I buy from overseas, the distance between the hot/cold pipe may be different, thus cannot fit, and the thread is different, and may not be able to accommodate the adaptor connector. Did anyone face similar issues?

Newbies + Amazon addict here, after reading useful info here!!Special thanks to Ongcs & Kim :)

Nutribullet Extractor (fruit), anyone use before?

http://www.amazon.com/Bullet-NutriBullet-12-Piece-High-Speed-Blender/dp/B007TIE0GQ

Second Kim that it is not worth to buy from Amazon, best to buy locally without adding transformer especially kitchen products. Aside, I'm using U-Like bullet blender which is available in Tangs or OG. This is well known by local aunties but for its price tag, it works well. If you frequent Robinsons at Orchard, you can buy NutriBullet there.

One brand to avoid at all cost, MAGIC BULLET! :no:

hey kim, thanks for replying! you should receive an award for your t-blog haha.

I am also looking for thermostatic mixer, but my new condo already have a mixer (non-thermostatic).

I am concerned if I buy from overseas, the distance between the hot/cold pipe may be different, thus cannot fit, and the thread is different, and may not be able to accommodate the adaptor connector. Did anyone face similar issues?

Kim is King here :thumbs up: so we must :bow: to KIm

For thermostatic mixer, it is better to stick to local fitting, by adding adaptor into the chain does not really helps, you will run into risk of wear and tear in that particular segment.

Edited by ongcs

Are the grohe / hansgrohe mixers bought from iceprice and insani compatible with the local threads and diameter without adapters?

Mine from iceprice is compatible. insani should be also compatible.

Receive a few PM on the air purifier from Amazon. Mine still working well, will on every time I come back home from work.

I share the link from before. I just did a check. All links still ok, but I'm not sure if they still ship to Singapore. U go check yourself.

Cheers! :good::good:

Oh ya... Please remember to buy transformer hor.... :notti::notti:

Seem like there is a stampede for air purifier around. Quite a number of my friends ask me about the purifier when I posted I bought one from Amazon last night.

I just share here in case anyone looking for it.

Link to Amazon Honeywell HEPA Air Purifier (I think most deliver to Singapore)

Honeywell Pure HEPA Round Air Purifier, 50150-N (I bought this for my living room)

51D228TA9FL._SL110_.jpg

Honeywell 50250-S 99.97% Pure HEPA Round Air Purifier (A bigger version from what I bought)

51GCX1SGHQL._SL110_.jpg

Honeywell Long-Life Pure HEPA QuietCare Air Purifier, 17000 (This is very popular after Ong endorse it. Currently OOS from Amazon. Only 3rd party seller. U may want to wait for stock to come)

41QD1HKC2SL._SL110_.jpg

Honeywell Compact Air Purifier with Permanent HEPA Filter, HHT-011 (A small compact purifier that u can put on yr bedpost.)

41os%2BK06dPL._SL110_.jpg

Edited by kim76

I was surprised at my myself that I finished through 88 pages of this t-blog and even signed up just so I can comment; great great reviews for the items recommended. Thanks everyone and you have poisoned me already on Amazon because i have signed up for years but never bought anything.

Just a quick question if anyone can help - I wanted to purchase a Kohler basin which cost USD258 but the shipping cost is USD231.. is this normal as it just seem a little crazy to pay for that high cost of shipping especially now our SGD is weaker :( Any tips for me to be able to save some $$ as I am in love with this sink

http://www.amazon.com/KOHLER-K-2660-1-95-Rectangle-Above-Counter-Bathroom/dp/B00CAXZUOQ/ref=sr_1_223?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1445046878&sr=1-223&keywords=kohler+sink

From what I know. U can ask amazon for free D. Also if not wrong, purchases more than $125 qualifies u for free D to sg