Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jonchar

Id Or Contractors For New Dbss Flat?

Hi, getting my keys to my new DBSS flat soon. As it comes with everything almost fully furnishing including wiring, cabinets for kitchen, aircon etc, just wondering if there is still a need to hire an ID for just simple works like

- carpentry like cabinets below toilet sinks, customized bed on bay window

- 1 additional built in wardrobe

- installing of lighting and ceiling fans

- some other simple works here and there

Totally new to this. Any coments , recommendstions will be appreciated since the value of this job is gonna be small. Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Firstly welcome to renotalk n I hope u will find the advice & stuffs u nid :thumbs up:

Personally, I think it really boils down to how much time, effort n $$$ u want to spent on the project. No project is a easy task, it really depends on your expectations. Dissapointment arises when your expectations are not met or falls below reality.

While ID provides u wif the services (Design, 3D drawings, project coordinations & etc), it comes at a cost. Some contractors do just as well with some supervision, while many nid much more time & effort in managing the project.

I would advice u to look ard for both n decide for you own on wat suit u n your spouse best. Hv fun on your journey of renovating your very own home sweet home :yamseng:

JuzChris

Firstly welcome to renotalk n I hope u will find the advice & stuffs u nid :thumbs up:

Personally, I think it really boils down to how much time, effort n $$$ u want to spent on the project. No project is a easy task, it really depends on your expectations. Dissapointment arises when your expectations are not met or falls below reality.

While ID provides u wif the services (Design, 3D drawings, project coordinations & etc), it comes at a cost. Some contractors do just as well with some supervision, while many nid much more time & effort in managing the project.

I would advice u to look ard for both n decide for you own on wat suit u n your spouse best. Hv fun on your journey of renovating your very own home sweet home :yamseng:

JuzChris

Hi and thanks for your advice.

Then is it true that if your project value is too low, then most ID would shun away? Should anyone have good contractors to recommend, do let me know.

Hi Jonchar ,

Duno if we're neighbours for the new DBSS anot..haha, but just to share with u that I got quotes from some ID for my 4room flat. I used renotalk to request for FREE quotations and around 6 ID replied within 3 days. Maybe u can start from there and narrow down? Cos I'm new too, so I won't know the names of the company either. =] Im still narrowing to at least 3 in the list to meet up. =] hopefully u can get a good ID to match ur price too..