Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lorealow

Disappointed With Everjoint

After reading much positive reviews on EverJoint, I decided to buy the water heater (Joven 25L) from them. Indeed, they are selling a reasonable price (ie. $359 with installation svr). However, I learnt the lesson that GOOD THING DOES NOT COME CHEAP! The installation was done on 6 Feb 2012, but it broke down last week, which is less than 1 month!

I called up Everjoint and was answered by a guy who cannot speak properly, except repeating that "they have nothing to do with it, as their are only the agent, so just call Joven directly...." :curse:

Luckily, Joven did send their staff down and realised that when everjoint installed the heater, the installation was faulty! The worst thing is that the everjoint uncle did not install the pipes correctly, as he did not install the 3rd pipe which is supposed to let the excess hot water to be drained out of the storage tank. This meant that if I were to forget switching off the heater, it will explode as there is no pipe to drain out the excess heat!!! :o

So what if they are offering cheap deal while compromising the most impt safety issue! Not forgetting that how irresponisble and lack of after-sale service everjoint is! If i'm the sole unlucky customer of everjoint, I hope this feedback could at least serve as a precaution for other pple...

Edited by lorealow

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Actually their price oso not cheap...

I went and the uncle quote me a price which i can get a Havey norman after i ask for discount...

I oso find their thing old there... so didnt buy from them in the end... Not worth the risk...

Go reputable like best, hv, courts... at least they got customer service to handle complaint...

After reading much positive reviews on EverJoint, I decided to buy the water heater (Joven 25L) from them. Indeed, they are selling a reasonable price (ie. $359 with installation svr). However, I learnt the lesson that GOOD THING DOES NOT COME CHEAP! The installation was done on 6 Feb 2012, but it broke down last week, which is less than 1 month!

I called up Everjoint and was answered by a guy who cannot speak properly, except repeating that "they have nothing to do with it, as their are only the agent, so just call Joven directly...." :curse:

Luckily, Joven did send their staff down and realised that when everjoint installed the heater, the installation was faulty! The worst thing is that the everjoint uncle did not install the pipes correctly, as he did not install the 3rd pipe which is supposed to let the excess hot water to be drained out of the storage tank. This meant that if I were to forget switching off the heater, it will explode as there is no pipe to drain out the excess heat!!! :o

So what if they are offering cheap deal while compromising the most impt safety issue! Not forgetting that how irresponisble and lack of after-sale service everjoint is! If i'm the sole unlucky customer of everjoint, I hope this feedback could at least serve as a precaution for other pple...

their price is quite competitive la to be honest. its just a shop to get what u want at a good price. big retails doesnt really give u the service also.

find the young chaps there quite okay, only thing cant see the exact thing in the shop.

Strongly agree with these big boys do have dedicated CSO to handle frustrated customer.

Me got a few quote from *spam, parasilk, GAB, bukit merah neighborhood shop (hong liang) and even the big boys

Surprisingly some items I found big boys is giving cheaper or on par but with free gift or extended warranty or even cash rebeats :)

Everjoint prices is not cheap after my survey for 7 quotes

Just my opinion :)

Edited by Terencetcw

Strongly agree with these big boys do have dedicated CSO to handle frustrated customer.

Me got a few quote from *spam, parasilk, GAB, bukit merah neighborhood shop and even the big boys

Surprisingly some items I found big boys is giving cheaper or on par but with free gift or extended warranty or even cash rebeats :)

Everjoint prices is not cheap after my survey for 7 quotes

Just my opinion :)

Hey Bro,

You mentioned that the quote from everjoint is not cheap.

Is your quote after or before negotation with them? Just to check.

I also find their quote quite expensive but they mentioned further negotiation can be given if nego on the spot.

but they quoted us for the bosch front load washing machine is one of the cheapest leh, compared to the big boys lah and its so much cheaper.

any other places to recommend for comparisons?? still looking for washing machine...

Just to share my experience with Everjoint..

My parents installed Joven 35L from Everjoint about two years ago and the installer installed a drainage pipe on the wall, which can be considered as a third pipe also. But it was very ugly and asked the installer why he installed that cause we previously didn't have an additional pipe when we were using our Ariston storage heater.

The installer explained that the drainage pipe is linked to the release bar of the heater so if the heater ever overheats, it will release out hot air or small amount of hot water through the drainage pipe. In the end my parents thought it was too ugly and we got the installer to come back after a week to uninstall the pipe and he offered us an alternative which he said all other hdb flats did was to actually adjust the release bar to face the wall so that when there's problem of overheating, the hot air or small amount of water will be sprayed towards the wall instead. Much safer this way and carry out the purpose of the ugly drainage pipe!

So far, I've never heard of heater exploding unless your storage heater doesn't have release bar which I believe all storage heaters should have. I'm doing my new Hdb flat now and I got my plumber to install a Champs CS30 for me but I didn't install a drainage pipe as well. Just got my plumber to adjust the release bar to face the wall instead and my plumber agreed that this works as perfectly as installing the additional ugly drainage pipe!

Just my penny of thoughts, hope it helps!!

Cheers

Edited by milliewalker

I also had a bad experience with Everjoint when I purchased a Joven heater from them two weeks back. (such a pity that I did not come across your post then else I wouldn't hv gone there all the way to their shop to make the purchase. They offered us a price of $355, with installation, and we could not negotiate any less. Fine.

When the uncle come n install the Joven heater, the uncle do not even know how to turn off the main water supply

valve and even accuse us that our flat is old n the valve is not working and we must ask PUB to come and change. So he end up installing the new water heater with water running at full blast throughout the whole process! Gosh there goes my water bills for next month! Moreover, he tried turning the main water valve till it's leaking, and we

eventually hv to make a call to the town council to send their people down for inspection. Luckily it's not a big issue.

Thats not all! The uncle went on to install the water heater, and after installation, we realized that the whole water tank looks crooked and slanted, and now it is somehow like a eyesore to us whenever we step into the bathroom! When we asked him why it's not straight n looks slanted, the uncle said that it's our old heater brackets that are blocking the way, say as if it's not his fault.

Finally when it is done, there is actually a small leakage at the hot water outlet pipe just below the heater, which I did not realize until the uncle was gone. I hv no choice but to call Everjoint to ask for that uncle handphone number to ask him to come n fix the problem. To my surprise, they sound very rude, n super reluctant to give us the uncle's contact number. He simply say he will call his guy

personally. Fine. Then waited for 2hrs there is still no reply from Everjoint on when the uncle will come back again to fix that small problem. The uncle only came eventually after numerous calls to Everjoint to pressure them to settle the issue on the same day. I m totally disappointed in their service, and swear that I will never get anything from them again!

What a bad experience.. :(

Also did not have good experience with Everjoint.

Delivered wrong item and insisted that this was what I ordered (over the phone) and that the price quoted was correct.

I only discovered wrong item when I was about to send the warranty card as it stated a different model (physical look of the models exactly the same)

It was for a Technogas hob - SR888 and SR888 Hi-power.

SR888 Hi-power has a 3-ring burner whilst SR888 none.

They refused to exchange because:

a. I have used it for one day;

b. The price which I paid was for SR888.

Honestly I did not even know that there was this model SR888 and the shops which I went (Courts/Best Denki/ Goh Ah Bee/Tai Sin Radio plus Technogas website all showed SR888 Hi-power brochures)

I know I am partially to be blamed for not going personally to purchase PLUS not checking the item, but I truly did not know that SR888 existed in the first place.

Anyway, this will be my last purchase with this shop even if their pricing are competitive.

(By the way, for the item which I purchased, the best quotation was from Tai Sin Radio at Toa Payoh Central)

Ohoh, you can find them to talk about it.

Did call them to voice my dissatisfaction, but the owner refused to bulge stating that they did not oversold the item and insisted that it was my mistake for accepting it.

Anyway, it was a good lesson for me.

Previously had decent experience with them when my son bought many items from them (air-con/fridge/washing machine/oven) without problem and pricing was very decent. The young guy serving us was fantastic with his attitude that is why I ordered from them.

I do acknowledge that I must also accept some responsibilities, but thinking that our previous dealings with them they could have been a little more accommodating.

Anyway, this is to voice my disappointment -

i also got some issue with them bought fridge, washing machine and TV

But till now have not recieve my tv invoice since 2 weeks ago