Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Types Of Kitchen Sinks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wow.... I think u are the first to get a Apron Kraus sink!! Cool!! :dribble: :dribble:

Remember to show us after installation... :yamseng: :yamseng:

Sure lao ban. Here it is. Alot of dust everywhere...hehehe...

72dfb717821b0a18d073e116b851dadf_zpscd2e000b.jpg

Thanks Sygnur.

May I check with people who are using Kraus sink - so far any issue eg rust or stains?

Anyone tried pouring hot water in and how did the sink perform? Cos I read one Amazon reviewer who said the sink "pops" occasionally when she pours hot water in. I will be grateful if any kind soul can help me do a test :sport-smiley-018:

Appreciate all feedback and comments. Thanks in advance!

Standard water stains which can easily remove and no rust :)

So far no "pop" when using the hot water from Benington multipoint heater. Havent try boiling water though.

Wa... Chio.... Your double tap looks fierce!

Your backsplash is mirror finish?

I went to have a look at Elkay sinks at one of the shops commonly frequented by renotalkers. Googled the model number and realized it's a model for China market; Elkay US website doesn't list this model.

Elkay China Tmall webstore is selling this model and other elkay models supposedly from US. No prize for guessing correctly, prices of US models are much higher too.

Does it mean all the cheaper Elkay models in Singapore are China market models? Is their quality on par with the American Elkay? :ph34r:

Edited by bleucheeze

Hmmm, i seriously think that it should be on par with American ones. Unless the company/brand wants to jeopardize their branding...

If the sink feels right n fits the budget, y not?

I do understand the headache of choosing a sink.. :)

Super swee!!! :dribble: :dribble:

So, do u lay it on the concrete base? I've never seen such solid sink before, hence the question..

72dfb717821b0a18d073e116b851dadf_zpscd2e000b.jpg

I bought an Elkay double-bowl sink but as the reno of my flat is delayed, it has yet to be installed. Hence, I can't really comment if the sink is good. However, the lady who recommend this sink said to me it is made in USA and it is durable. If you can wait, I will show you picture of my sink later (most probably will be ready to be installed around early march).

I went to have a look at Elkay sinks at one of the shops commonly frequented by renotalkers. Googled the model number and realized it's a model for China market; Elkay US website doesn't list this model.

Elkay China Tmall webstore is selling this model and other elkay models supposedly from US. No prize for guessing correctly, prices of US models are much higher too.

Does it mean all the cheaper Elkay models in Singapore are China market models? Is their quality on par with the American Elkay? :ph34r:

Edited by kooky

I bought an Elkay double-bowl sink but as the reno of my flat is delayed, it has yet to be installed. Hence, I can't really comment if the sink is good. However, the lady who recommend this sink said to me it is made in USA and it is durable. If you can wait, I will show you picture of my sink later (most probably will be ready to be installed around early march).

Hi Kooky, do you have the model number of the Elkay sink you bought? How thick is the steel? Where did you buy it?

Hmmm, i seriously think that it should be on par with American ones. Unless the company/brand wants to jeopardize their branding...

If the sink feels right n fits the budget, y not?

I do understand the headache of choosing a sink.. :)

Yes, it's a headache buying a good quality one that is reasonably priced. Esp I intend to get an undermount one, all the more I wanna make sure it doesn't rust or have problems in the future.

In the invoice this was stated SQM830, it is a stainless steel double-bowl sink. I can't find this model in google. The lady from the shop told us that it is a new model.

I bought the sink and other sanityware at Eestilo De Vida

Edited by kooky

Wa... Chio.... Your double tap looks fierce!

Your backsplash is mirror finish?

Thank you. Not that fierce as this is medium size. The fierce ones are the large size. see also shiok...

Yes, polished stainless steel.

Super swee!!! :dribble: :dribble:

So, do u lay it on the concrete base? I've never seen such solid sink before, hence the question..

Thanks for asking. i think its a good question. From the initial pic below,it looks like normal wood support. I had not check the final mounting base yet. Something for me to investigate :)

DSC09887_zps4a684eb6.jpg

I helped to ring up the shop and then this lady explained that the reason I can't find this model SQM830 on the internet because it is a OEM model. She further elaborated that if the sink is imported from USA, for any problem, it will need to be shipped back to america for repair/replacement. How true? I am not sure.

i have also requested a pic of the sink I bought. I will post the image once I received it.

In the meantime, you might want to search for other brands or even purchase it online and get the sink ship-in from overseas.

Hi Kooky, do you have the model number of the Elkay sink you bought? How thick is the steel? Where did you buy it?

92. Play like mad during the weekend. Additive... u? :sport-smiley-004:

Trap at 98 for almost a week. Yesterday night manage to clear. Now trap at 101.

That time bomb, drive me crazy.