Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Types Of Kitchen Sinks

Hi niko,

If you are getting the kraus sink, the basket strainer comes together as a set. See the below photo of the "set included"

p3240499.jpg

That is good. Thank you so much Kim for the informations :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

No side padding is not a issue, just that the sound when u knock on the sink will be louder than padded, that all.

The 4 gradient lines are for the water to flow easier to the drainage hole. No issue.

Kim,

Thanks for the advice. So the only issue is the thickness of the sink to choose.

If having a choice and price is afforable, i will choose a 1.2mm thickness instead of 1mm or 0.8mm?

Kim,

Thanks for the advice. So the only issue is the thickness of the sink to choose.

If having a choice and price is afforable, i will choose a 1.2mm thickness instead of 1mm or 0.8mm?

Of cos 1.2mm thickness is better. ( Kim, don't mind I answer for you. :) ) Edited by niko

Hi Kim and the rest of the gents,

I'm in the mid process of overhauling my house.

I"m comtemplating to get a square Franke sink ( undermount) in both of my wet and dry kitchen.

Just want to check with you guys your opinion on Franke sinks versus nice Kraus ones.

Thks your advice....

Hi Kim,

Thanks for your response. I prefer top mount, as I do not like to have crevices where there could be dirt trapped. :D

I believe they can do it. Maybe need to pay a bit extra ba... Solid surface will be easier, not sure about granite though.

Why not undermount?

Hi Kim and the rest of the gents,

I'm in the mid process of overhauling my house.

I"m comtemplating to get a square Franke sink ( undermount) in both of my wet and dry kitchen.

Just want to check with you guys your opinion on Franke sinks versus nice Kraus ones.

Thks your advice....

I was in the same situation as you before. But Franke got different grade, different model. I am only impressed with the European made Franke but they cost more than $1k. :notti:

But if you are ok with the $300-500 Franke range. Go for it.

But I would rather pay a bit more for Kraus. :good:

Of cos 1.2mm thickness is better. ( Kim, don't mind I answer for you. :) )

No prob. Anyone can reply. Thanks! :D

Kim,

Have you gone to see, touch and feel the different type of sink?

Just a simple knocking will make u choose 1.2mm.

And also if it is thick, it is not so easily dent when u accidentally or purposely :no: drop pot into the sink.

Hi Kim,

Thanks for your response. I prefer top mount, as I do not like to have crevices where there could be dirt trapped. :D

I have not seen a flush mount before. Please post photo for us to see if u manage to do it! :good::good:

I have seen some high end kitchen equipment websites in Singapore showcasing flush mount. Seriously contemplating, but depending on countertop I finally decide.

If not, some samples.

1237f77195ccfcfc783dbbbce8508541.jpg25b85c442903e862aa758f3da7d5454b.jpg

I have not seen a flush mount before. Please post photo for us to see if u manage to do it! :good::good:

I have seen some high end kitchen equipment websites in Singapore showcasing flush mount. Seriously contemplating, but depending on countertop I finally decide.

If not, some samples.

1237f77195ccfcfc783dbbbce8508541.jpg

Wow.... very nice! Love this sink!! :dribble::dribble::dribble: Sure looks high end!

Thanks for sharing..

I was in the same situation as you before. But Franke got different grade, different model. I am only impressed with the European made Franke but they cost more than $1k. :notti:

But if you are ok with the $300-500 Franke range. Go for it.

But I would rather pay a bit more for Kraus. :good:

No prob. Anyone can reply. Thanks! :D

And also if it is thick, it is not so easily dent when u accidentally or purposely :no: drop pot into the sink.

Kim,

Many thks your prompt reply!!

I"m not particular abt price and very willing to pay more as understand every goods has its own value.

However, i"m very particular about good quality kitchen sink as I cannot stand rust and need good real solid kitchen sink which is fuss free and require little maintenance and attention.

I like the kitchen youtube sink which demonstrated good planning and yours Kraus sink which is squarish, undermount and has a "depressed" groove to put your wooden chopping board sliding around.

I very much like this concept and wonder if you know or can recommend any Europe make Franke kitchen sink that is relatively good size, squarish with round internal corner edge ( like your Kraus) for easy cleaning, undermount and has this depressed resting to put chopping board??

I cant seems to find any information on Franke europe make sink in here or website.

Thks vm.......

Hi, I bought my kitchen sink online from Amazon too! I chosen an under-mount sink from Kohler. tongue.gif It comes with a few very useful accessories, like a flip tray and cutting board and the grid. the cutting board sits on the sink so that when you are cutting meat and so on, the juice runs right into the sink.I, too was concerned about the moldy silicone gel, but for things to work we need to have the edge flushed with the sink, so I told the solid top people to spread a very wide band of silicon gel around the sink when they install the top and wipe off all excess from exposed area so that there is no silicon gel for mold to grow on. So far that seem to work (8 months already). But I still wipe dry after each use if I can remember.Here, is the intro video on the sink: Here is how it looks in my kitchen.imagewry.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

Sorry Kim...i mistook the kitchen sink as yours and it's Toonie sink!! Thousand apologies!!!!!

By the way, Toonie & Kim, basis your good knowledge and expertise...can you advise good size squarish ( with round internal curves) europe make Franke undermount kitchen sink that works like above which also can place a flush in chopping board like above??

Also, what is above sink tap?? Seems really awesome!!

I heard abt all these pull out taps being not so durable and gives way due wear and tear but wonder if these kitchen taps shown here is durable and lasting??

Sorry Kim...i mistook the kitchen sink as yours and it's Toonie sink!! Thousand apologies!!!!!

By the way, Toonie & Kim, basis your good knowledge and expertise...can you advise good size squarish ( with round internal curves) europe make Franke undermount kitchen sink that works like above which also can place a flush in chopping board like above??

Also, what is above sink tap?? Seems really awesome!!

I heard abt all these pull out taps being not so durable and gives way due wear and tear but wonder if these kitchen taps shown here is durable and lasting??

Haa... NO prob... Let 's see if Tonnie still monitor this thread. If not maybe u PM him.

I can't intro any of the sink u want but I know of a place where u can go and see.

Interior Affairs

29 Tai Seng Avenue, Level 1 & 2

Natural Cool Lifestyle Hub, Singapore 534119

TEL (65) 6632 7471

FAX (65) 6283 5535

Opening Hours

Opening hours for the Experience Center are:

Monday to Saturday: 10am–7pm

This is the place that make me aware of good quality sink. I will go round the place and keep knocking on the sink.

The muted "pond pond" feel so good to my ears... :good::good:

I think I also saw some of the sinks where u can put a chopping board in it.

I have try knocking different sink but heard the same sound. Maybe my hearing lousy...Will try and go test again.. Thanks.