Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Types Of Kitchen Sinks

I had this brownish stain marks and scratches on my new Kraus sink in less than a week's use ! Anyone any idea how to remove it? I used cif, Mr Muscle but did not seem to work.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I had this brownish stain marks and scratches on my new Kraus sink in less than a week's use ! Anyone any idea how to remove it? I used cif, Mr Muscle but did not seem to work.

U didn't use the stainless steel grid to protect your base?

The brown stain can be food left overnight. I also have these when I did not wash my sink properly after a meal.

But mine is very easy to clean. Some dishcleaner liquid and a 3M sponge will do the trick.

I also had some scratches but using cif will smooth out the scratch as cif is like a micro sandpaper.

Don't worry, after a few months, these scratches will be the least of your worries..

Now my wife start hunting ants and spiders. :jawdrop:

Stainless steel grid not meant as dish drainers? :jawdrop:

The brown stain is when I left the sink trash cover overnight. I seriously do not expect a stainless steel Kraus to be that "vulnerable" - am disappointed. I tried with cif and sponge and mr muscle etc. Not able to get rid of them and I only use it for less than a week!

Stainless steel grid not meant as dish drainers? :jawdrop:

The brown stain is when I left the sink trash cover overnight. I seriously do not expect a stainless steel Kraus to be that "vulnerable" - am disappointed. I tried with cif and sponge and mr muscle etc. Not able to get rid of them and I only use it for less than a week!

Stainless steel (doesn't matter what brand) will have a chemical reaction if you put another piece of metal (especially if it's iron based) onto it...according to google...

you will need to go and buy auto-sol for stainless steel - tubes sold in homefix and some of those ABC stores...

Kraus not my first sink and I don't think I have this problem with my previous (think no brand) sinks leh.

auto-sol? great - I will go and check it out. Thanks !!

Edited by lot85

No lah, its the truth. Ur sink is more grossy... if you compare the pictures, its really more shiny.

Yah, i do sales but i dont bluff pple...haha

yah..i mounted the sink but not yet take pictures.

I got the pozzi tap, picture as shown below...

IMG_0801.jpg

This design i feel, is more practical, due to its outstretch head and not much curvature towards the end of the tap body. The screw area is also more robust.

I never considered the pull out type as more movable parts would mean more wear and tear, unless you are getting a very very good one.

I saw my fren's tap at my current house (not this one), his is a pull out design in which the pull out hose is black in colour. He got it for 300 plus dollars. That tap is quite solid...

if u looking for lightings and toilet stuffs, go to Lite fusion, look for MARCUS. he is the guy who recommended me the kitchen sink, tap and toilet bowl...

Hi Herbalteh, I like your tap! I saw something like this before but it was very exp so I didn't get that. May I know how much it cost? Tried to PM you but think your mailbox is full.

Aiyo, don't know why choosing a sink also headache for me. top-mount or under-mount? stainless or granite?

What I know is I want a small to medium size sink and I don't cook, because I don't know how to. ha ha... so it won't be so heavily being used.

Kitchen cabinet gonna be white with white solid surface top. Kitchen floor is black, wall cement smoothed.

I initially want a granite sink, either black or white... to be under-mounted...

BUT I become unsure when I go around asking for opinions... ( I always ask in the end, I get more confused)

Some ppl say granite type now out of trend, granite heavy difficult to under-mount may not be good finishing... this and that... etc

I wanted a granite one because I've been seeing, using those grey strainless sinks for decades, I want a new change.

Which type / colour is more aesthetic/suitable for kitchen in my case, the pros and cons?

Hope all experienced bros and sis here can help, greatly appreciated, thanks.

Edited by natural9

Aiyo, don't know why choosing a sink also headache for me. top-mount or under-mount? stainless or granite?

What I know is I want a small to medium size sink and I don't cook, because I don't know how to. ha ha... so it won't be so heavily being used.

Kitchen cabinet gonna be white with white solid surface top. Kitchen floor is black, wall cement smoothed.

I initially want a granite sink, either black or white... to be under-mounted...

BUT I become unsure when I go around asking for opinions... ( I always ask in the end, I get more confused)

Some ppl say granite type now out of trend, granite heavy difficult to under-mount may not be good finishing... this and that... etc

I wanted a granite one because I've been seeing, using those grey strainless sinks for decades, I want a new change.

Which type / colour is more aesthetic/suitable for kitchen in my case, the pros and cons?

Hope all experienced bros and sis here can help, greatly appreciated, thanks.

I'm same as you, keeping asking around and in the end make me more confuse. Everyone telling the different story, even the shop salesperson too, ask the same model, say the different story. At first i wanted to buy granite sink, went so many shop asking around..and i feel that stainless steel sink is better for me.. so in the end I get Kraus 23". Lol. It was really very good but the prices not cheap. It better go with your heart cos it will be you the one seeing it everyday.

Im sorry to know that the kraus sink u received wasnt well made... seeing the pictures u posted pains my heart. That's the risk we all take when ordering online, cant touch, want to return will be hassle too...

Hope u'll find better sink that fits ur needs.

Not sure if rubine is good, or reginox sink.. Maybe can check those two brands too.

Yes, Rubine is good quality and can last a long time. It the same shapes / designs as Franke, but MUCH cheaper. So, you can always upgrade to Franke later on if you want to splurge $$$

Looking at ordering SS sink from Taobao.

This brand meet my criteria:

1) 1.2mm thickness

2) Undercoat for sink is similar to Kraus.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.0.117.Q9WwBB&scm=1007.77.0.0&id=23827740489&pvid=2d6c4b38-d18e-4361-8785-13743075afa9&ad_id=&am_id=&cm_id=&pm_id=

Anyone familiar with this brand in china or got reliable brand to recommend?

Thanks.

Looking at ordering SS sink from Taobao.

This brand meet my criteria:

1) 1.2mm thickness

2) Undercoat for sink is similar to Kraus.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.0.117.Q9WwBB&scm=1007.77.0.0&id=23827740489&pvid=2d6c4b38-d18e-4361-8785-13743075afa9&ad_id=&am_id=&cm_id=&pm_id=

Anyone familiar with this brand in china or got reliable brand to recommend?

Thanks.

My neighbour got the sink that drunkenchivas post the link. Maybe you want to consider that. :)