Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Types Of Kitchen Sinks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hello everyone,

Newbie here need your HELP....amazing to read all your reviews and comments here, so have to register and ask some questions too! So glad I am not the only worrypot who cannot decide on all the reno stuffs!! I must be the most unproductive employee for the past few weeks cos all I could think of are all the reno issues! Real headache...

HAPPY KRAUS SINK OWNERS, need your help/feedback. I've read all the comments on this thread and so far, it seems only 1 poor person kena a lemon sink whereas the mass majority of you guys are all super pleased with your sink. It has been quite a while since the happy kraus owners have their sink, how is the sink holding up so far??

Some Amazon reviews complain it stains/scratches easily. I guess unless you only bought your sink for decoration, all sinks will be prone to kena scratches from regular use. The question is, does the Kraus scratch anymore easily than other sinks?

I am so so so so so so so wanting to get the Kraus sink, but I am not usually a lucky person so I worry what if I suay suay kena a lemon sink too :o

And there's this Elkay sink that seems about the same look as the Kraus, EC8045, made in china so cannot find on the Elkay website. Slightly smaller by 1" from the 32" Kraus square single bowl. It will be cheaper than the Kraus, but I really won't mind paying a bit more for the Kraus if it is better. Afterall, undermount sinks, you better make sure you get the best you can afford...

Is there anyone who have seen the Elkay and the Kraus?? Can feedback which you think is better and why??

And one last question (sorry so loh-soh...) is it true that for granite top, it will be easier to cut a square sink vs a rounded sink?

Look forward to receive some helpful replies. Many many thx in advance! :)

wow, how did my post turn out so colourful, all the highlights on sink and Kraus?! lol...

one more question, anyone find the 10" depth, erm, too deep?? Dh tall, mil very short, i'm in the middle (5'4...). Hoping it'll be no problem for my mil....

I have moved into my flat for 1.5 months no and have since then been using an Elkay sink made in China. It is a double-bowl with a dept of 11-inch. For the price and my lifestyle it is definitely no regret to us. I have some pictures of the sink in my T-blog. If you need a few close shots, let me know, I will try to upload them just for you to help you make your decision.

I stand at 1.58m and my spouse is at leat 1.8m tall. I don't find my sink too tall for me. In fact, I find it very useful as water does not splash out, wetting the kitchen floor.

Best of luck in your purchase :-)

Edited by kooky

Thx Kooky!

Wow 11", that's deeper than the Kraus!. The Elkay sink I was looking at is 9". Glad to hear 11" is ok cos u & hubby's abt same height as me & hubby :)

I jus viewed the Elkay at Heritage today, previously only saw on their catalogue. Tried knocking on it hoping to hear a solid sound, like wat the Kraus owners hv said abt their sinks. But seriously, I dun think I can hear any diff after knocking on various sinks. Hmm.

I did notice that Kraus is #16 gauge, that will be 1.6mm, plus it's 304 (18/10) ss... If so, it'll be better than the Elkay which is 1.2mm and most likely 304 (18/8)... I am now more inclined towards Kraus, but jus so worried abt buying something I can't see & touch before paying...

No problem, worrypot. Most people will go for Kraus if they can afford one :-)

For the benefit of those who doesn't has the budget but do like a deep sink here is the specifications of the sink I had installed. It is an Elkay Monic SQM-830 (hand-made 1.2mm stainless steel sink) with 15mm round radius corners for easy cleaning. The mreasurement is 830mm(W) x 450mm (H) x 280mm (D)

OK. Placed order for the Kraus 32" square. Chose standard shipping based on all the fast deliveries everyone seems to have experienced. Now wondering if I shd have just paid $12 more for expedited shipping, since I do need it before 10th July!! Hmm...

Fingers crossed for early delivery and beautiful sink!!

Hi, am new here. saw a lot of post with regards to Kraus sink. I tried to order but it says it's unable to ship outside US. Am wondering how you guys go about ordering it?

I'm interested in this

http://www.amazon.com/Double-Bowl-Sink-Faucet-Dispenser/dp/B004H9WC8I/ref=sr_1_1?srs=2595020011&ie=UTF8&qid=1373201613&sr=8-1&keywords=KHU123-32-KPF2170-SD20

it directs me to build.com and i got an account registered but it says "Product does not ship outside of the United States"

So please let me know you guys actually place order.

Thank you.

Hi, am new here. saw a lot of post with regards to Kraus sink. I tried to order but it says it's unable to ship outside US. Am wondering how you guys go about ordering it?

I'm interested in this

http://www.amazon.com/Double-Bowl-Sink-Faucet-Dispenser/dp/B004H9WC8I/ref=sr_1_1?srs=2595020011&ie=UTF8&qid=1373201613&sr=8-1&keywords=KHU123-32-KPF2170-SD20

it directs me to build.com and i got an account registered but it says "Product does not ship outside of the United States"

So please let me know you guys actually place order.

Thank you.

Hi hi,

It's because the Kraus 32" sold my Amazon is out of stock, **** :( There are other sellers for the same sink, but they may not ship to Sg.

I ended up ordering the 30", and it arrived yesterday. B E A U T I F U L !!! I finally understand what Kim meant by the muted lovely sound of heavy duty sinks :)

Cheers!

Hi hi,

It's because the Kraus 32" sold my Amazon is out of stock, **** :( There are other sellers for the same sink, but they may not ship to Sg.

I ended up ordering the 30", and it arrived yesterday. B E A U T I F U L !!! I finally understand what Kim meant by the muted lovely sound of heavy duty sinks :)

Cheers!

Hi,

Have you figure out how to attach photo? We are still waiting for your nice photo of the sink and Kraus faucet :notti::notti:

The muted bass can be quite addictive right? :jammin:

See the link on how to post photo if you need help.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/60248-guide-to-upload-photos/

I have found out if i ordered them separately they will be able to go through. If its a combine faucet plus sink it will not be able to go through..it's 10 bucks difference...so i'll just ordered them one by one. Tks for the reply from you guys

Hi hi,

Cheers!

I dont think it's OOS.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032C2NCG/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER