Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Types Of Kitchen Sinks

Has anyone seen this type of sink elsewhere?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032BYM2G/ref=gno_cart_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I thought it would qualify for free shipping to SG but I think it exceeds the weight limit and shipping is approx S$300!

Kraus 30 inch Farmhouse Apron Single Bowl 16 gauge Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink

417qIMDcWDL._SL160_.jpg

This sink is heavy. 36 pounds! No free shipping.

Someone bought a Kraus Apron sink before in this thread.

The Apron sink photos

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/47387-types-of-kitchen-sinks/page-9#entry779399

Apron sink after installation

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/47387-types-of-kitchen-sinks/?view=findpost&p=783296

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

It looks so gorgeous! But will cost around S$1k to ship it over. :(

It looks so gorgeous! But will cost around S$1k to ship it over. :(

Ya... around $910 for sink n shipping....

Btw, how much it cost in Singapore for this type of apron sink?

If it is more than 2k then $910 is cheap lor...

Ya... around $910 for sink n shipping....

Btw, how much it cost in Singapore for this type of apron sink?

If it is more than 2k then $910 is cheap lor...

Haha I have no idea. Haven't seen this type of sink in SG shops before. I showed my ID and he say he also haven't seen in SG before.

Haha I have no idea. Haven't seen this type of sink in SG shops before. I showed my ID and he say he also haven't seen in SG before.

Me too... I always thought the apron sink looks something that belong to the America countryside house..

After reading through this thread, I decided to bite the bullet and ordered a Kraus sink from Amazon. Got myself this:

Kraus 33 inch Undermount 60/40 Double Bowl 16 gauge Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink

http://www.amazon.com/Kraus-Undermount-Double-Stainless-Kitchen/dp/B0032C411C/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1384876096&sr=8-7&keywords=kraus+kitchen+sink

Now, waiting for it.... :)

Wow! I intend to order the same model :-). May I know what's the total including shipping? Thanks!

Wow! I intend to order the same model :-). May I know what's the total including shipping? Thanks!

Oops, thought you were asking about the apron sink

Edited by blackpeace

ndqd.jpg

Price is in USD

Edited by kim76

Hi hi! I'm really sorry to those who directed some messages to me asking about my Kraus sink and I didn't reply. The last 2 months have been really crazy with the reno and moving! My bad....I hope someone answered your qns.

Anyway my Kraus sink was installed with a slight overhang of the quartz top so that you cannot see the silicon edge. I can still use the bottom grid which is great because it protects the base of the sink. I absolutely LOVE the that the sink is deep and wide. It looks great and sounds awesome (a nice dull thud). Been installed for about a month plus now and so far no issues with rust spots or anything.

Here are some photos (I hope this works)..

PC201641_zpsd5cd982b.jpg

the faucet is a KrizRoz one from Hoe Kee and the water filter is a Cleansui one

PC201642_zps484fc839.jpg

PC201643_zps0ae829ca.jpg

Hi there! Thanks for the reply. It's very useful information indeed, as the 2 Kraus sinks (one for wet and the other for dry kitchen) that I ordered have just arrived. Will share with my ID on the idea of the overhang counter top.

The photos are awesome. Glad to hear from one more satisfied user as that affirms my decision :-).

Care to share where did you get the holder for the cleaning sponge and brush? And how much you paid for the Cleansui filter system? Looks impressive.

Thank you!

Hi daphne17

When they install the sink and if you do the countertop overhang, don't install with the sink bottom grid inside the sink. Just in case the overhang is too much and end up the sink grid cannot be taken out. I didn't tell my ID how much to overhang I just let them decide and just nice I can still use the sink grid. I was prepared that maybe I cannot use like some of the others who have bought the Kraus sinks.

the sponge holder is a Simple Human sponge holder. It has 2 suction cups that you use to "stick" onto the sink to keep it there. You can find it at HomeFix stores or buy on Amazon. I bought mine on Amazon.

The Cleansui filter is $900+. You can contact them through their website and order the tap you want then tell them which Best Denki outlet you want to collect from and pay at. The Best Denki outlets only carry the attach to faucet filters, tumbler filters and limited selection of tap filters on display so if you are interested in their tap system it's probably best to contact the distributor directly. They will also be able to send you all the specs and measurements so that your contractor know how big a hole to cut for the filter.

Hi Melkwek,

Thanks for highlighting the overhang that may constrain the grid. I certainly want to use the grid. Will work with ID on that.

Also thank you for the holder and filter info. Will look into it.

Much appreciated!

Hi Mel, what are your thoughts on the simplehuman sink caddy that you have? I was thinking of getting one but concerned that the suction thingy is not strong enough and may slip. Thanks for any inputs!