Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Types Of Kitchen Sinks

Kraus uses 3/8 inch piping but it's fine. Singapore uses 1/2 inch. The plumber if he doesn't know how to fit than its an issue but there is a solution for it is to get the adaptor. Going to test the contractor and see if he knows how to fit the pipes and where to look for the adaptor .

Hi benetay,

Do you know where can get the adapter? As I told by contractor they not recommended China sink to use in sg because the piping is different. normally they use white tape to seal the pipe, but it is still leaking.

So I don't know whether it is true? Can you show me a photo how your piping work? Will it leaking?

US & China pipe size are the same? I wish get this 23" Kraus sink from US & whole set vanity in bathroom from China, do you think any issues if I get from there?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

From Amazon to 65daigou is very fast...about 2 -3 days. The sea freight would be slightly about $100+ for my 30 inch sink if without discount and the 30% refund I was given.

Hi benetay,

Do you know where can get the adapter? As I told by contractor they not recommended China sink to use in sg because the piping is different. normally they use white tape to seal the pipe, but it is still leaking.

So I don't know whether it is true? Can you show me a photo how your piping work? Will it leaking?

US & China pipe size are the same? I wish get this 23" Kraus sink from US & whole set vanity in bathroom from China, do you think any issues if I get from there?

Hi,

i would recommend Kraus sink + local manufactured cabinet for vanity. (i know of people import vanity from Taobao, it is not something i would do even if it is cheap and save cost) i always believe that the bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

For adaptor, 3/8" to 1/2" to fit local pipe can get from Teck Siong Huat Hardware Pte Lrd. 28 Kelantan road.

My piping not done yet, but as long as the fittings and joint are correct it should not leak.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

i would recommend Kraus sink + local manufactured cabinet for vanity. (i know of people import vanity from Taobao, it is not something i would do even if it is cheap and save cost) i always believe that the bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

For adaptor, 3/8" to 1/2" to fit local pipe can get from Teck Siong Huat Hardware Pte Lrd. 28 Kelantan road.

My piping not done yet, but as long as the fittings and joint are correct it should not leak.

Hope this helps.

Yup, thanks for the info. May wish to get this Kraus sink first.

Beside the whole cabinet vanity, will you recommend the bowl only from taobao? The piping using 3/8 as well?

If you getting Kraus, then just go ahead and get bowls from Kraus as well, quite a series of collection.

TB sink i not sure the size.

Finally, my Kraus 23" inch sink has arrived.

Cancelled my order with Amazon China, due to they screwed up after 2 weeks by shipping only the sink without the faucet. Asking me if I would like to wait for another 2-3 weeks.

Also many thanks to Bro Benetay for the good advice. In the end divert to make my purchase from Amazon USA with free shipping after talking with the CSO.

Bought the faucet separately.

Have not done anything about the sink as reno has not start.

But I m very happy about the quality of the sink. Worth very bit of money invested.

IMG_1745_zpsgnkboejc.jpg[/u

RL]

IMG_1746_zpsnvackoum.jpg[IMG_1747_zpsyy2ofqi8.jpg

IMG_1749_zpscn5c294z.jpg

IMG_1748_zpsrkemb49y.jpg

Edited by Raphael Ho

Hey! We got the same sink!! :jammin::jammin:

Enjoy it!

Finally, my Kraus 23" inch sink has arrived.

Cancelled my order with Amazon China, due to they screwed up after 2 weeks by shipping only the sink without the faucet. Asking me if I would like to wait for another 2-3 weeks.

Also many thanks to Bro Benetay for the good advice. In the end divert to make my purchase from Amazon USA with free shipping after talking with the CSO.

Bought the faucet separately.

Have not done anything about the sink as reno has not start.

But I m very happy about the quality of the sink. Worth very bit of money invested.

IMG_1748_zpsrkemb49y.jpg

Hi all

Should I talk to the CSO before the purchase or after the purchase?

I wanted to try my luck to waive off the shipping fee....

Thank you:)

Saw Daddywinter reply on getting Sink from TB and experiencing choke...

This is his T-blog link 4th page

For those who are looking for good quality sink, please do re-consider.

The bitterness of poor quality lingers far longer than the sweetness of cheap price has been long gone.

Sink is not something you use for a short period so my recommendation is to invest in the best you can afford. There are quality ones that are relatively low price purchased locally with service support.

2cts worth.