Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Types Of Kitchen Sinks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 3/8/2016 at 11:38 PM, Spidy25 said:

Hi FG,

Yes, I ordered KHU104-33 for my kitchen and KHU15 for my dry kitchen.

Hi spidy25 or anyone whose sink is 19"D,  is the width of your countertop 60cm? My ID recommend me not to get the sink as the tap will be too near to the blacksplash. Mention that it will cost extra if i want to extend the width of countertop. 

Edited by xxsuenoxx

Cast iron sink is my favorite and so durable and long lasting. Undoubtedly  cast iron sink  has been a top choice as a building material for sinks for many many years. Modern cast iron sinks are available in various colors and many homeowners prefer a cast iron sink to other types. A cast iron sink can reflect a  traditional charm while providing an aura of authenticity to your décor scheme. 

On 26/06/2016 at 4:09 PM, xxsuenoxx said:

Hi spidy25 or anyone whose sink is 19"D,  is the width of your countertop 60cm? My ID recommend me not to get the sink as the tap will be too near to the blacksplash. Mention that it will cost extra if i want to extend the width of countertop. 

Hi,

Do you mean 19" is the width of the sink? I bought the 32" sink with 19" width & I did check with my ID if it's okay before buying it, which he said okay. My sink & tap have been installed on standard 600mm wide kitchen top.

*edit -  you can see my pics below, installed it with Grohe tap on standard 600mm wide kitchen top.

Edited by bunnybluey
To add further info

On Sunday, July 03, 2016 at 4:15 AM, bunnybluey said:

Here's pics of my Kraus sink installed recently, that I had spree it back from Amazon US with free shipping. I love it! :D

large.IMG_2384_S.jpg.63736df26651395fd39

large.IMG_2385_S.jpg.91220ddea2545043be0

Hi bunnybluey,

Thanks for ur pics! Managed to get free shipping too. 

On 10/07/2016 at 11:41 PM, xxsuenoxx said:

Hi bunnybluey,

Thanks for ur pics! Managed to get free shipping too. 

That's great! Post pics of your sink too when it's installed. :D

Kraus sink owners, want to know if there will be any plumbing issue to install a US kitchen sink? If not, then the only problem is with faucet? Thanks a lot for your help!

20 hours ago, AdelineS said:

Kraus sink owners, want to know if there will be any plumbing issue to install a US kitchen sink? If not, then the only problem is with faucet? Thanks a lot for your help!

As you can see from my pics above, there is no problem installing a kitchen sink that I spree from Amazon US. As for faucet, I bought it locally.

Hi everyone.

Can anyone share their experience with Kraus sink? I am interested in getting the KHU100-32 but found poor reviews on amazon. Anyone have problem with draining water as the base is too flat and also rust at spot which accumulate water?

Regards

Alvin Choo

5 hours ago, Darksire said:

Hi everyone.

Can anyone share their experience with Kraus sink? I am interested in getting the KHU100-32 but found poor reviews on amazon. Anyone have problem with draining water as the base is too flat and also rust at spot which accumulate water?

Regards

Alvin Choo

I only used my sink for 1mth+, so I still need to use longer period to observe further before I can give a more detailed review. However, jts based on my experience so far. Agree that the base is kind of flat even with the gradients & some food particles may get "stranded" but for me, I'm used to it as my previous sink did not have gradients, so I just sweeped them towards the waste bin. Anyway, it's minimum to us as we're used to scrape off any food particles left on plates/bowls except for stubborn ones that stick on.

As for rust, I do notice ~3 tiny dots but I'm not sure if rust or some kind of blemishes. At 1st, I poured some baking soda on them & leave it on for few hours, got rid of 2 except a stubborn 1 but got rid with baking soda plus vinegar! My kids went "wah" when they saw the "chemical" reaction of baking soda & vinegar, so I take it education time for the kids, haha... Now, so far, didn't notice anymore spot.

48 minutes ago, bunnybluey said:

I only used my sink for 1mth+, so I still need to use longer period to observe further before I can give a more detailed review. However, jts based on my experience so far. Agree that the base is kind of flat even with the gradients & some food particles may get "stranded" but for me, I'm used to it as my previous sink did not have gradients, so I just sweeped them towards the waste bin. Anyway, it's minimum to us as we're used to scrape off any food particles left on plates/bowls except for stubborn ones that stick on.

As for rust, I do notice ~3 tiny dots but I'm not sure if rust or some kind of blemishes. At 1st, I poured some baking soda on them & leave it on for few hours, got rid of 2 except a stubborn 1 but got rid with baking soda plus vinegar! My kids went "wah" when they saw the "chemical" reaction of baking soda & vinegar, so I take it education time for the kids, haha... Now, so far, didn't notice anymore spot.

Thank you for sharing your experience. Surprise to hear that the stainless stain Kraus use can get rusty. What about scratches? Are you using it with the tray provided?

If you research a bit on stainless steel, you can find many sharing that stainless steel does get rusty. There's different grades of stainless steel. One of the shops I enquired when shopping for faucet, he shared that stainless steel just like gold have different grading too, to use the really top grade for household items is quite impossible as it's not that affordable. Some sharing on Internet will tell you only certain industries will use top grade stainless steel. So, actually any stainless steel sink will get rusty, nothing surprising.

As for scratches, so far ok but I've only been using for a short while. Yes, using the grid (tray) provided as shared in my pics abv.

Edited by bunnybluey

https://www.polymersolutions.com/blog/why-does-stainless-steel-rust/

Our tap water has chlorine added which is a corrosive element. Also, there's rectification works done to my kitchen cabinets, so there may be specks from screws when contractor unscrews or tightens, not sure if those hv impacted my sink as well. But since I removed the spots, I haven't noticed any new ones appearing.

On 8/5/2016 at 3:02 AM, bunnybluey said:

https://www.polymersolutions.com/blog/why-does-stainless-steel-rust/

Our tap water has chlorine added which is a corrosive element. Also, there's rectification works done to my kitchen cabinets, so there may be specks from screws when contractor unscrews or tightens, not sure if those hv impacted my sink as well. But since I removed the spots, I haven't noticed any new ones appearing.

Good to hear that once rust is removed, they dont come back easily. Thought Kraus would have used a better quality stainless steel considering the way they market their product as better than the average with G16 thickness and sound proofing base. Maybe good quality stuff no longer exist today as the sink I am using for the past 20 years never had rust spotted and it only cost me <$200.