Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kim76

Types Of Kitchen Sinks

My spouse ex-colleague did a under mount sink and the contractor worker didn't do a proper job.

Basically any how install and heard from my spouse.. like forget to do sth or do the easy way.

Conclusion, the water leak to the bottom kitchen cabinet , right under the sink.

As her kitchen cabinet is made of wood.

She say.. cross the finger and see.. how long her cabinet can last.

After heard her story, we immediately change our plan from under mount to top mount.

Especially we are using the same contractor.

:sport-smiley-018:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The important detail about undermount is that the solid surface must overhang the edge of the sink by 10 to 20mm.

Also.. when choosing sink. choose a model that the rim edge is flat. There are some sinks have raised reinforced edge. which can't be undermount properly.

For raised edge.. then the solid surface will not be able to overhang the bowl.

Therefore need to get the correct sink for undermounting.

The important detail about undermount is that the solid surface must overhang the edge of the sink by 10 to 20mm.

Also.. when choosing sink. choose a model that the rim edge is flat. There are some sinks have raised reinforced edge. which can't be undermount properly.

For raised edge.. then the solid surface will not be able to overhang the bowl.

Therefore need to get the correct sink for undermounting.

I don't know about other brands but as far as blanco and carysil is concern, each sink has topmount and under mount variation, so I'm sure it would fit nicely for below the tabletop if under mount is chosen.

Hi All,

Need your advice and contribution...

I be doing concrete base for my hot/ wet area. Counter top is granite top instead of homo tiles.

Sink wise, I am looking at undermount. Here comes the difficult part. I am being told by my ID to look for sinks that have the tap outlet mounted. Reason given is that lesser chances of leakage and lesser problem should there be leakage. ID also say it will be better to cut a hole in the sink rather than cut a hole in the granite top

As i prefer durability, I been looking at industrial sinks (thickness is approx 1.2mm). However, alot of industrial sinks does not have the elongated platform to house the kitchen tap (for under mount purposes).

Just to check, if you are looking at doing undermount sink, is your kitchen tap mounted on the counter top or on the sink?

Any pros and cons of each position of mount where the tap are located (on the sink or countertop?) ?

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

Need your advice and contribution...

I be doing concrete base for my hot/ wet area. Counter top is granite top instead of homo tiles.

Sink wise, I am looking at undermount. Here comes the difficult part. I am being told by my ID to look for sinks that have the tap outlet mounted. Reason given is that lesser chances of leakage and lesser problem should there be leakage. ID also say it will be better to cut a hole in the sink rather than cut a hole in the granite top

As i prefer durability, I been looking at industrial sinks (thickness is approx 1.2mm). However, alot of industrial sinks does not have the elongated platform to house the kitchen tap (for under mount purposes).

Just to check, if you are looking at doing undermount sink, is your kitchen tap mounted on the counter top or on the sink?

Any pros and cons of each position of mount where the tap are located (on the sink or countertop?) ?

Thanks in advance

Should be mounted on the sink. Again, from the experience of blanco and carysil granite sink, there is strip of granite area which allows the plumber to drill holes to mount the tap. Not sure how will be to mount on granite top unless your tap head can extend very far into the sink area otherwise it can be too near to the edge of the sink as it will hit the rim of the undermount.

Hi, to anyone who is interested. I had decided to go the unconventional way. I order my kitchen sink from the net without even look and touch it. I had just received the sink yesterday. Very Very impress with the quality and decided to share with u all.

I already know basically what to expect from the comments in Amazon but I am still overwhelmed.... Good quality sink,good quality accessories, good quality undercoat and pad!! Highly recommended!! But I don't think you can get this brand in Singapore.

Kraus KHU101-23 23-Inch Undermount Single Bowl 16 gauge Kitchen Sink, Stainless Steel

Let the photos do the talking! :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

p3240499.jpg

p3240485.jpg

p3240486.jpg

Notice a canvas bag is covering the sink.

p3240492x.jpg

Isn't she a beauty? :dribble: :dribble: :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

Edited by kim76

p3240493.jpg

I was surprised by the round corners because most of the expensive square undermount sinks that I had seen had very square corners. Making them very difficult to clean...

p3240496.jpg

Check out the undercoat and the BIG think pad on all the undersurface.... :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

p3240488.jpg

The accessories that come with the sink is good quality. The stainless steel bottom grid is well made and feet are protected by rubber bumpers. The basket drainer is also well made.

p3240489.jpg

The sink I bought is from this site.

Kraus KHU101-23 23-Inch Undermount Single Bowl 16 gauge Kitchen Sink, Stainless Steel

- 16-gauge premium grade t-304 stainless steel construction

- Product Dimensions: 23 x 18 x 10 inches

- Shipping Weight: 35 pounds

One thing i like is the sink can ship directly from Amazon to Singapore. Don't need to go thru 3rd party.

Together with shipping and GST, I paid around S$600 for this sink. I know it is expensive but if you are looking for an alternative to the Europe made Franke sink that can cost more than $1500, this may be a good alternative. :yamseng:

Edited by kim76

Whats the diff between a branded granite sink and a no-name one?

I saw quite nice ones at Heritage last weekend.. double bowl granite sink for slightly over $300 (list price was $400+). Any pros and cons?

Whats the diff between a branded granite sink and a no-name one?

I saw quite nice ones at Heritage last weekend.. double bowl granite sink for slightly over $300 (list price was $400+). Any pros and cons?

Granite sinks, from what i know from my ID, will have give out some powder due to contact to detergents (dont flame me, this is what i gather from my ID and frens)...but for that to happen, will be after a few years time. But Granite looks better....and can only be top mount.

I was browsing through quite alot of shops, considering whether to go for granite sinks or SS sinks before settling for the industrial type (Squarish design, 1.2 mm thickness). brand is SQM (Malaysian brand).

Got this SQM sink for approx S$ 330, 780mm width x 450 x 230 mm depth. Model is Monic. Made in China.

With 15 mm round edges along all corners, comes with sound proofing coating on the underside of the sink.

Purchased my sink from Marcus, LITE FUSION located at upper serangoon

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

Granite sinks, from what i know from my ID, will have give out some powder due to contact to detergents (dont flame me, this is what i gather from my ID and frens)...but for that to happen, will be after a few years time. But Granite looks better....and can only be top mount.

I was browsing through quite alot of shops, considering whether to go for granite sinks or SS sinks before settling for the industrial type (Squarish design, 1.2 mm thickness). brand is SQM (Malaysian brand).

Got this SQM sink for approx S$ 330, 780mm width x 450 x 230 mm depth. Model is Monic. Made in China.

With 15 mm round edges along all corners, comes with sound proofing coating on the underside of the sink.

Purchased my sink from Marcus, LITE FUSION located at upper serangoon

Your sink looks good!!! Super big too.... :good: :good: :good:

Your sink looks good!!! Super big too.... :good: :good: :good:

Thanks! Yours is nicer and look more robust...i bet the sound proofing must be very solid, from your pictures shown.

The shine from your sink is quite different from mine. Yours is more shiny, plus with alot more accessories.

Yi fen qian, yi fen huo...

We are actually shortlisting the 680 x 530 x 220 mm (but we find that abit small). So decided to settle for this dimension.

Edited by herbalteh