Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xiaobai

Kitchen Bottom Cabinet

sorry to post a stupid question here but just wondering what is the standard height for bottom kitchen cabinet together with base and surface top?

my ID is going to build 86 cm tall (including base, cabinet, and top surface) because he said it's the standard practise but i just came from ikea and i notice that their kitchen cabinet displays are all of 60 cm tall...

can anyone please help me on this? what's your bottom kicthen cabinet height? TIA

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

my advice - don't ask what's the standard

the most important thing is the height of the user

no point have to bend or stand on stool to prepare food just because the standard height is xxcm...

sorry to post a stupid question here but just wondering what is the standard height for bottom kitchen cabinet together with base and surface top?

my ID is going to build 86 cm tall (including base, cabinet, and top surface) because he said it's the standard practise but i just came from ikea and i notice that their kitchen cabinet displays are all of 60 cm tall...

can anyone please help me on this? what's your bottom kicthen cabinet height? TIA

Hi,

Yes.... mostly is is 86cm.Since its custom made,you can do what ever height to suit you.

Usually for sink area people will request to do a bit higher if he/she is tall.(depend how deep sink is)

The Hob area can be slightly lower if you are short person.But all this must be

accepted by you because it will have (up and down) look for the surface top.

Afterall, its just depend on the person's height.He/She should know.

Hope my explain helps :)

Best to suit your height especially at the hob and hood cooking area.

For bottom cabinet, should be of comfortable height when it comes to cooking. You will not want your arms to be swinging in the air and not able to see the food when cooking. Which is why some designs incorporated a higher height at the sink area and lower height at the cooking area.

For overhead cabinets, should take into account of the thickness of the hood. I got a slightly thicker slim hood and ended up knocking my head against it.