Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sarvakti

My Choa Chu Kang Renovation From Id Note

Hi Guys,

I am late with respect to posting my renovation details on this forum. I have gained a lot of useful information from this forum that I think I should share my experience and allow other members to take advantage of that.

I got my possession on 16th of January 2012. But the owner occupied the house until Feb19th.

My renovation started on Feb20th, so far the tiling has been done and I should say the work done so far is 80% satisfactory.

I will post some pictures of my house renovation shortly. Going forward you can expect frequent postings from my side.

My renovation contractor : ID Note, Tony (Henry's partner)

4rm apartment

Budget : Around 35000, I still consider it as expensive. But this would be the most reasonable quote that I got from all the ID's , contractors that I searched for.

Shopping so far : WC from Royal Fanco, I got the Baron package (2WC + 2Basin) , after searching for a lot of designs I finally ended up choosing this one.

First day of renovation : IMG_5264

kitchen after tiling : IMG_5364

Kitchen floor : IMG_5363

Common bathroom : IMG_5365

Will post more pictures in the next few days.

Cheers

Edited by sarvakti

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi ... Welcome! Seldom post in the renotalk nowadays but your title caught my attention:) We have the same guy doing our house and the same place we bought our sanitary wares. Hope you have a smooth Reno journey!

Hi ... Welcome! Seldom post in the renotalk nowadays but your title caught my attention:) We have the same guy doing our house and the same place we bought our sanitary wares. Hope you have a smooth Reno journey!

Thank you. And wish you the same.

Do you know how to post pictures in renotalk ? And How do i start a T-blog ?

I wish to write my experience.

Thanks,

SAravanan.K

Hi Guys,

I am late with respect to posting my renovation details on this forum. I have gained a lot of useful information from this forum that I think I should share my experience and allow other members to take advantage of that.

I got my possession on 16th of January 2012. But the owner occupied the house until Feb19th.

My renovation started on Feb20th, so far the tiling has been done and I should say the work done so far is 80% satisfactory.

I will post some pictures of my house renovation shortly. Going forward you can expect frequent postings from my side.

My renovation contractor : ID Note, Tony (Henry's partner)

4rm apartment

Budget : Around 35000, I still consider it as expensive, you know what for three days of hacking I am paying almost 3500 S$. Working out the fundamentals I think the ID easily can make almost 3000 S$ in just three days of labour. How ridiculous it is. This is one such place where owners like us have no control over the expenditure. Every contractor / ID would charge around the same.

Shopping so far : WC from Royal Fanco, I got the Baron package (2WC + 2Basin) , after searching for a lot of designs I finally ended up choosing this one.

First day of renovation : IMG_5264

kitchen after tiling : IMG_5364

Kitchen floor : IMG_5363

Common bathroom : IMG_5365

Will post more pictures in the next few days.

Cheers

Hi! I think we have the same toilet tiles hehe!

Thank you. And wish you the same.

Do you know how to post pictures in renotalk ? And How do i start a T-blog ?

I wish to write my experience.

Thanks,

SAravanan.K

u create an account at www.photobucket.com and upload your picture. u can copy "your image url" and paste here.

u create an account at www.photobucket.com and upload your picture. u can copy "your image url" and paste here.

Thanks. Please check out some more of my reno pictures.

I will upload the master bathroom , common bathroom , living room , parquet , kitchen floor pictures in two days.

I am actually getting my parquet done from evergreen forest private limited, i am paying 1300 , for 2x11 inches 50mm thick burmese teak, at 6.5s$ for my master bedroom and 3.5$ for skirting.

Also, I am getting timber door (walnut) colour for my bedrooms , I also replaced the frames with wooden ones ( i dismantled the metal frames and replaced them with wooden frames). Would you advise painting or varnishing the wooden frames ?

I am getting my doors from Yontat, they charge 35$ for varnishing door frames (additional)

Cheers,

Edited by sarvakti

Guys,

no body seems to be responding to this. I will keep posting more pictures.

all the tiling work is done and my place is cleaned up. Today I will post some more pictures.

Cheers

Thanks. Please check out some more of my reno pictures.

I will upload the master bathroom , common bathroom , living room , parquet , kitchen floor pictures in two days.

I am actually getting my parquet done from evergreen forest private limited, i am paying 1300 , for 2x11 inches 50mm thick burmese teak, at 6.5s$ for my master bedroom and 3.5$ for skirting.

Also, I am getting timber door (walnut) colour for my bedrooms , I also replaced the frames with wooden ones ( i dismantled the metal frames and replaced them with wooden frames). Would you advise painting or varnishing the wooden frames ?

I am getting my doors from Yontat, they charge 35$ for varnishing door frames (additional)

Cheers,

Ok. I will then keep updating regularly.

As much as tile work is concerned, I am 70% happy. There are a few hick ups, two or three tiles in the living and bedroom is not even in the center.

They catch the end points where the tiles are even , but in the center for these two or three of them, they are not even. When you wear socks and rub on the floor you will see a small elevation from one tile to the other. I am worried, because I am not too sure what to do here. Any help ? Any suggestion ?

Also I see few minute holes in the joints. But I will ask my friendly contractor to patch up again with white cement and that should go away.

Hihi. Don't worry. I am reading, but haven't reply you. :D

This is my main water inlet in to kitchen.

And I actually wanted this to divide there and one goes one way (1) the other goes the other way(2).

But my contractor say that he cannot divide, he can only do one way that is straight from the inlet all the way it loops the entire kitchen to the washing machine.

Now I dont understand why this cnanot be divided. If it is to be looped then the pipe will be visible all through my kitchen.

Any help ?

IMG_5376

As much as tile work is concerned, I am 70% happy. There are a few hick ups, two or three tiles in the living and bedroom is not even in the center.

They catch the end points where the tiles are even , but in the center for these two or three of them, they are not even. When you wear socks and rub on the floor you will see a small elevation from one tile to the other. I am worried, because I am not too sure what to do here. Any help ? Any suggestion ?

Also I see few minute holes in the joints. But I will ask my friendly contractor to patch up again with white cement and that should go away.

Get your contractor to rectify?

You should take NeoBy's suggestion. Get your contractor to rectify. It is dangerous to even have one uneven tile. You won't know when you will get injured by kicking it. Your contractor should take out the uneven tiles and redo. It could also be because the few tiles that came along with the batch of tiles were uneven. The tiler may think that you won't notice, since it is only a few pieces, but since you spotted it, you should get the contractor to rectify before he handover the house to you

Heh.... I guess CCK is not a hot place, so less ppl read the thread.... I was wondering why mine not so many ppl reply also coz I'm also in CCK zone... Generally, BTO has bigger interests I suppose as a lot are on the same boat...

I don't think it is about the locations. Some people are passive readers, they want to read and get more ideas only, don't wish to reply.

Thanks guys. Let me talk to my contractor. I will push him to do whatever he should.

You should take NeoBy's suggestion. Get your contractor to rectify. It is dangerous to even have one uneven tile. You won't know when you will get injured by kicking it. Your contractor should take out the uneven tiles and redo. It could also be because the few tiles that came along with the batch of tiles were uneven. The tiler may think that you won't notice, since it is only a few pieces, but since you spotted it, you should get the contractor to rectify before he handover the house to you