Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
heavenlyn

My First Home

sigh. my mom says i am not supposed to move in till the lunar 3rd month (qing ming) is over. Which means the earliest I can move in is late april....so...... i'm just gonna take my own sweet time to get the place ready. :furious: :furious:

Oh, she is right! Nobody likes to shift in new houses or move house during 清明. Bear with it.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

on bright side, you have a whole month to look for defects, as well as extra time to look for furnishing to make it perfect when you move in.

Hi heavenlyn

I'll b moving in to telok kurau in a few mths time... my apartment, like yours, comes with lots of bay windows, which i'm quite clueless how to best go about with the furnishing.

Looking forward to your photos for some ideas :)

Hi Barbapapa! Welcome to the neighbourhood :)

Where's your apartment at?

I'm gonna custom build study tables and tv consoles on the bay windows to better make use of the space. Will post the pics when they are done. :yamseng:

Hi heavenlyn

I'll b moving in to telok kurau in a few mths time... my apartment, like yours, comes with lots of bay windows, which i'm quite clueless how to best go about with the furnishing.

Looking forward to your photos for some ideas :)

Great, thanks :)

I bought a resale apartment near TK park. Had considered buying one nearer Still Rd for better accessibility but finally decided that the park would b better for my kids :)

Weekly update.

The walls are up~ :D

011os.jpg

009vsp.jpg

Not entirely pleased with it though. It looked unfinished and raw. Told contractor to think of how to salvage it.

Edited by heavenlyn

OMG, help. Anyone has good recommendations for curtains/blinds/wallpaper/solar film guy? The present one introduced by my contractor quoted me like 9k for everything. :furious::furious:

Weekly update.

011os.jpg

009vsp.jpg

Not entirely pleased with it though. It looked unfinished and raw. Told contractor to think of how to salvage it.

Will look nicer with a romantic wall paper :)

While I was away in Australia, the lights went up, blinds for the balcony done, decking as well and also the wardrobe system for the bomb shelter. Carpentry works will be installed next Tuesday... :sport-smiley-018:

Decking

013.jpg

Blinds

012.jpg

View from the balcony

016.jpg

Wardrobe system

walkin.jpg

Carpentry works were mostly installed during the week. I think my contractor and carpenter did a phenomenal job! :sport-smiley-018:

The faux fireplace which I've turned into a bookshelf

069.jpg

TV feature wall

070.jpg

MBR wardrobe and TV console on the baywindow

073.jpg

Study/dressing table in MBR

074.jpg

My favourite thing in the house - bar counter on the balcony with cabinet for my whiskys

076.jpg

With built in shelving for cups and glasses. Doors will be installed so it will look the same as the front.

075.jpg

My favourite thing in the house - bar counter on the balcony with cabinet for my whiskys

076.jpg

With built in shelving for cups and glasses. Doors will be installed so it will look the same as the front.

075.jpg

That is awesome with a glass of single malt

Weekly update.

Nice walls!! Are you going for Victorian style? :rolleyes:

Bar counter in balcony?? What if it rains? Means the furniture have to be able to withstand harsh weather too right? :huh:

That is awesome with a glass of single malt

Totally! And a cigar~ :yamseng:

Nice walls!! Are you going for Victorian style? :rolleyes:

Bar counter in balcony?? What if it rains? Means the furniture have to be able to withstand harsh weather too right? :huh:

Modern baroque hopefully. My blinds are down most of the time to keep out the sun. In the night, unless it rains, the blinds will then be up.

Like your bar counter at the balcony. Nice :yamseng:

Thanks! :yamseng: