Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kentut21

Soft Grouting After Renovation

Hi there,

My house just went through a renovation recently and after 1-2 weeks found that on most area (living room and bedroom) the tiles grouting are very soft, thus it is chipping off easily. Had asked my ID to rectify the issue, in which they did by re-touching the grouting with white cement, but after a few days it peels off again. Found it very uncomfortable as the chipping off pieces dirties the floors. Anyone facing the same issue here? Is it expected and the grouting will get really solid after a long time? Or its considered a major poor workmanship that I should pursue further?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

U mean it actually need some 'artificial' heat to makes it solid? The contractor claimed it might be because of the chemical washing they did previously. Now I'm considering whether to pursue the matter further or DIY it myself overtime.

Tat I m not sure.

Yes, e contractor is right about e grout get soften or wash away by chemical wash.

For me, I just get my contractor to touch up again n leave a packet of such white powder for me to touch up whenever e grout gone off or turn yellowish color.

U mean it actually need some 'artificial' heat to makes it solid? The contractor claimed it might be because of the chemical washing they did previously. Now I'm considering whether to pursue the matter further or DIY it myself overtime.

no point pursue the matter bro...... if u did once and keep drop out get the contractor to dig abit more deeper and refill it will help it because dust or whatever =)

Anyone experience the grout in your toilet floor is too thin and after scrubbing it disappears. So u see gap between between the tiles and water do flow in. Is it serious? Will it flow down below?