Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Starburst18

Moving House In March

Due to the delay in my renovation, now it can be completed only by end March ... so left with 2 options.. move in April which is the Lunar March Mth... or leave the place empty till the whole Qingming mth is over then shift...

Which is a better option?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Starburst18: I'm facing the same problem as you.

Although Missus and I are free thinkers and thought that we should just move in anytime we want, we wanna seek opinions.

I got my date from my fsm. I am shifting in month end.

I realized it's not Qing Ming yet. Anyway, my initial date was mid Apr which definitely is within the period.

Yes... it's like u noe when u hear say... duno to take the risk too

Exactly right.

I have some friends telling me 7th month still got some good dates but Qing Ming is a big no-no! The air is stronger or something. I don't mean to be rude but this is the nicest way I can put it.

On the contrary, I get friends telling me: "No need to bother la. You work, save and pay :deal: for the house, "they" want to come and occupy means come ah? Where got such thing? Have some sense of ownership leh."

I believe I'll go for the latter. :yamseng:

From the free thinking perspective, I've done nothing wrong. I don't have to be afraid.

So Starburst, does that help you pluck some courage?

Lastly, just to share, not to be insulting to anybody/religion. A friend told me: "you sure read from those forum right. don't go and read and become skeptical. this is your home! only you and those whom you allow have the right to enter."

thanks for the positive view.. i had tat similar tots like spend so much renovating and leave it there... hahaha

Best that you ask an expert in this area. Qing Ming and Ghost month don't pass down in history for nothing.

In my little opinion, things that you do once in a lifetime, better do it properly even if people laugh at you.

I can say I believe in flying stars and not those traditional beliefs but if someone challenge me to sleep at a graveyard, I rather be the loserzzzz

Best that you ask an expert in this area. Qing Ming and Ghost month don't pass down in history for nothing.

In my little opinion, things that you do once in a lifetime, better do it properly even if people laugh at you.

I can say I believe in flying stars and not those traditional beliefs but if someone challenge me to sleep at a graveyard, I rather be the loserzzzz

Can ask Bepgof also.....he Qing Ming or qing dynasty also has his knowledge and theory, tio bo bro

Can ask Bepgof also.....he Qing Ming or qing dynasty also has his knowledge and theory, tio bo bro

Since u ask, I response a little.

1. Once, twice, or thice in a life time events definitely worth celebrating & to be memorable, how? by selecting a "good" date ONLY? That is too simplistic! I've mentioned before : failing to prepare is preparing to fail. To everyone's convenience is important.

2. Qing Ming = Pure brightness = the earth has the most clearest airview, this is also the time when "most of the things" in northern hemisphere(southern hemispere the other way round)start to "grow" = welcome the sunlight, new & seasonal lives start. No more no less.

3. "Moving house" - in singaporean context, is not as simple as a 1 or 2 days process. You already "in/out" the house so many time, why should care be emphasied on "official" date? To be frank, personally, I enjoy the "renovation period"which really very memorable.

Dear All,

Thanks for all your comments...

In the end, I still can't move thanks to my contractor! STILL not completed ...

Sigh...

I think a better estimate is May le

Since u ask, I response a little.

1. Once, twice, or thice in a life time events definitely worth celebrating & to be memorable, how? by selecting a "good" date ONLY? That is too simplistic! I've mentioned before : failing to prepare is preparing to fail. To everyone's convenience is important.

2. Qing Ming = Pure brightness = the earth has the most clearest airview, this is also the time when "most of the things" in northern hemisphere(southern hemispere the other way round)start to "grow" = welcome the sunlight, new & seasonal lives start. No more no less.

3. "Moving house" - in singaporean context, is not as simple as a 1 or 2 days process. You already "in/out" the house so many time, why should care be emphasied on "official" date? To be frank, personally, I enjoy the "renovation period"which really very memorable.

Hi bepgof,

If I interpret your message correctly, there's no need to for an official date and shift anytime your like as long as you're comfortable and happy?