Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

Wife said red that's it hahah

Haha, wifey has the most power when comes to home renovation. :P

Since your wife likes red, can consider this solid top:

46.jpg

Edited by ayazumi

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I can't visualize. Do you mean that the doors depend on the top track support because there is no bottom track? Won't there be scratches to the floor, since everything rest on the floor?

Aluminium frame is not about sturdiness only, it is about the "special mechanism" that allows the sliding doors to shut completely so that it reduce the amount of dust to go inside the wardrobe. You will not see gaps at the sides of the doors. This is the advantage of doing aluminium door frame.

Are you doing your wardrobe from Kevin?

not sure. Probably there is a slight gap. Works for some of the kitchen sliding doors with top tracks only. My sister-in-law stays in condo and the wardrobes were provided. She has parquet floors. However, there is definately no bottom base, so if you think of that, then probably the usable area is more because the height is now all the way from floor. I think top tracked is more expensive but some people say without bottom track, less dust get trapped in the bottom track.

not sure. Probably there is a slight gap. Works for some of the kitchen sliding doors with top tracks only. My sister-in-law stays in condo and the wardrobes were provided. She has parquet floors. However, there is definately no bottom base, so if you think of that, then probably the usable area is more because the height is now all the way from floor. I think top tracked is more expensive but some people say without bottom track, less dust get trapped in the bottom track.

I am quite skeptical about this kind of cabinet concept. Though it looks nice without bottom track, but for long-term usage, the top track may not be able to support the weight of the sliding door, and eventually the sliding doors will drop off from the cabinet. It all depends if it is a full length door, or just a short door height, let's say example, 3ft sliding door. The top track mechanism may not be able to support a full length wardrobe door, considering the height of a condo house, definitely the wardrobe is taller than our HDB's. Maybe the door won't fall off from the wardrobe, but somehow the doors will start to slant out and bend the top track mechanism, then the door will drop off from the top track. If the sliding door is a short length door, then it's okay. The material is lighter. Maybe in long-run, the doors may start to slant, but not to the extend that it will fall off from the cabinets. This applies to glass sliding door without bottom track. This concept is similar to PD door, but PD door is light and plastic, unlike wood or glass sliding doors, they are heavy.

Edited by ayazumi

that's so true... we can only nod our head in agreement when it comes to non technical stuffs during reno...

Your wife is here hor

Btw what your ID charge per ft on tv console

My contractor said 120ft so do 5ft suspended around $600

Look exp ler

But if I go ikea buy around 400-500 not even included delivery n installation n mounting

Btw what your ID charge per ft on tv console

My contractor said 120ft so do 5ft suspended around $600

Look exp ler

But if I go ikea buy around 400-500 not even included delivery n installation n mounting

120+5ft = $600 for TV console set?

You cannot compare custom made and ikea material. Ikea things are not cheap either. You can't be mounting the ikea tv console to the wall yourself right? We can't find tv console we like, probably because nowadays people like to custom made tv console, so there are not many tv console variety for sale. We are asking for quotations on custom-made tv console. Our TV has to sit on the floor till the new tv console arrives

The bird cage DIY have fantastic effect leh. Makes me want to DIY too.

Hi May. Yes, my camera cannot justify the nice effect of the bird cage. It definitely creates the ambience if place at a quiet corner of the house. It's easy and cheaper to DIY the pendant light. You should try it.

Hi May. Yes, my camera cannot justify the nice effect of the bird cage. It definitely creates the ambience if place at a quiet corner of the house. It's easy and cheaper to DIY the pendant light. You should try it.

I know.... I can imagine the effect. You say easy but I have no confident leh. Next time I try, change my toilet light. Hehe..,

I know.... I can imagine the effect. You say easy but I have no confident leh. Next time I try, change my toilet light. Hehe..,

My hubby says he can help you DIY the bird cage, if you want. We kiasu, bought 5 ikea pendant lights, but use only 2. He says he wants dinner treat, include me please! :P

Hi Aki & Aya,

Your floor tiles for living room and other bedrooms different or they're the same? I see the pics seems like they're different colors (maybe my eyes playing a trick on me). Is yr living room floor tiles all / pure white? I love yr DIY bird cage. Yr kitchen wall tiles is nice too!