Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

By the way, if my eye is still sharp, I think your mirror is placed above the skirting, why don't you place all the way to skirting, I am sure if Aki's uncle is carpenter, he can trim the frame abit to fit into the skirting area der ma. Also do me a favour, can you ask Aki's uncle to do it FOC for me too? I will call him uncle and invit him for house warming der :wub:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

By the way, if my eye is still sharp, I think your mirror is placed above the skirting, why don't you place all the way to skirting, I am sure if Aki's uncle is carpenter, he can trim the frame abit to fit into the skirting area der ma. Also do me a favour, can you ask Aki's uncle to do it FOC for me too? I will call him uncle and invit him for house warming der :wub:

like that i also want one and i will cook for him my special dishes too. hahahaha...

I asked the same question - why don't cover the skirting - but FREE one leh....I also don't dare to make too much noise. Uncle fabricates the mirror and frame for us for free, we should show polite manners by accepting it wholeheartedly, right? ;) It is also good that the mirror does not touch the ground. I mop quite hard, many times the mop will hit the skirting. If the mirror covers the skirting, I may accidentally smash the mirror with my mop.

like that i also want one and i will cook for him my special dishes too. hahahaha...

AKI: Hubby :help:

I asked the same question - why don't cover the skirting - but FREE one leh....I also don't dare to make too much noise. Uncle fabricates the mirror and frame for us for free, we should show polite manners by accepting it wholeheartedly, right? ;) It is also good that the mirror does not touch the ground. I mop quite hard, many times the mop will hit the skirting. If the mirror covers the skirting, I may accidentally smash the mirror with my mop.

i prefer to have the mirror above the skirting.... the frame would not look as nice if all the way to the floor.... well, that is what i feel lah. hehehehe...

BTW, this afternoon, both me and Hubby rushed home to receive the "surprise" I mentioned yesterday.

Our custom-made TV console!

2012-05-04130847.jpg

We searched high and low for TV console, but none of the TV console suits our home theme. Either the wood is too dark color, or the wood color is too yellowish (e.g. teak wood). We end up outsource the carpentry work to outside, that is my father's sub-con carpenter.

You may find our TV console very familiar, may have seen it somewhere, some place, somehow, and this is the answer....

lowe.png

We copy the design from Harvey Norman "Lowe" TV cabinet design, and get someone to fabricate almost similar design as Harvey Norman's. Lowe dimension is 165 Product Depth (cm): 45 Product Height (cm): 45; Ours is (L)220cm x (D)50cm x (H)60cm. If Lowe length is longer (we prefer 2.2mtr), we would have buy from Harvey Norman and avoid the hassle to engage carpenter to fabricate the TV console. But, the price we got is cheaper than buying from Harvey Norman.

We purposely gave our preferred laminate sample to the carpenter. The wood laminate we chose is brazilian walnut; same laminate as our MBR wardrobe. White and brazilian walnut combi is perfect! Isn't that cool? That's why initially I wanted our uncle to help us redo the laminate to white + brazilian laminates for the MBR wardrobe doors, but now we think it's okay after the bed sits in the MBR, don't trouble uncle to bring back the sliding doors and redo the laminate.

Now our house is 90% ready. Shall prepare to clean up the house and take an overview of our house. Stay tune!

Edited by ayazumi

i prefer to have the mirror above the skirting.... the frame would not look as nice if all the way to the floor.... well, that is what i feel lah. hehehehe...

Another problem I foresee is, if the mirror flush down and cover the skirting, the mirror bottom side may have 1-2 inch gap, cannot full flush to the wall or door frames. Mirror image may be distorted if bend to flush to cover the skirting. If purposely do the bottom frame in thicker and longer width, the mirror frame may not match well with the door frames too.

Our custom-made TV console!

2012-05-04130847.jpg

nice lah!! and if cheaper than outside i also wanna let carpenter do. better quality also.

nice lah!! and if cheaper than outside i also wanna let carpenter do. better quality also.

Thanks NeoBY. We tried carrying the TV console, I gave up immediately, I couldn't even lift an inch. The console is too heavy.

If you've carpenter resource, it's always good cos the material used and quality is better. my friend got me racks for storeroom. the plank is like 5 layers. i think the normal ones are 3 layers.

Thanks NeoBY. We tried carrying the TV console, I gave up immediately, I couldn't even lift an inch. The console is too heavy.

console is made of solid wood.. even i have problem lifting it.. .hahaha the carpenters move up also covered in sweat.. like showering :bath:

LOL.. yes the mirror is placed above the skirting. initially i only wanted a piece of mirror, but my uncle suggested making white frame so it will look nicer... and when he say it's FOC i dont dare to ask too much also... paiseh la.... haha.. but if trim the frame to fit into the skirting area dunno the support below will be strong enough or not. and mopping the floor will be a problem if the wooden frame keeps getting wet... especially when my wife mops the day almost twice everyday.. -,-"

You still need carpentry? Thought your house carpentry work is completed

I only have the kitchen cabinet. rest bought.