Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

i thought your tiles have special designs.... :D:D

Hahaha... Very funny right? Probably is X-men house. This becomes a frequent joke between our contractor and us when we talk about markings, first thing comes into our mind is XX.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

AYA 小知识

During tiles inspection time, how do you indicate on the hollow tile(s) so that your tiler can notice instantly?

Method: Tear a piece of masking tape, stick on the hollow tile, and draw a X on the masking tape. Use red, black, or blue marker

Question: Do you need to label the masking tape exactly where the hollowness is?

Answer: Don't need! Your tiler is not that stupid. He will knock on the hollow tile if it is really hollow, or tiny bit of hollowness before he changes the tile for you.

Lastly, do not commit this mistake as shown in the picture below.

IMG-20120510-WA0001.jpg

This is the most funniest XX signs I have ever seen. What a joker.

Actually it is not funny at all. First, tilers are not blind men. One X is enough, why so many XX? Second, why create such problem for your tiler/contractor/ID? In the end trouble people to clean the XX from the tiles if found not "really hollow". Third, one shouldn't even draw on the tile.

So who so creative????

I simply love the DIY bird cage pendant lamp. It's very personal and classy. Your hubby did a fantastic job at it.

Hi Aelyra, thank you for dropping by. Thank you for liking the pendant lamp :wub:

So who so creative????

Name(s) is/are confidential. :D

Hi Aelyra, thank you for dropping by. Thank you for liking the pendant lamp :wub:

i think my dinner is waiting for you to take up the offer in exchange for the pendant light!!! :sport-smiley-004:

AYA 小知识

During tiles inspection time, how do you indicate on the hollow tile(s) so that your tiler can notice instantly?

Method: Tear a piece of masking tape, stick on the hollow tile, and draw a X on the masking tape. Use red, black, or blue marker

Question: Do you need to label the masking tape exactly where the hollowness is?

Answer: Don't need! Your tiler is not that stupid. He will knock on the hollow tile if it is really hollow, or tiny bit of hollowness before he changes the tile for you.

Lastly, do not commit this mistake as shown in the picture below.

IMG-20120510-WA0001.jpg

This is the most funniest XX signs I have ever seen. What a joker.

Actually it is not funny at all. First, tilers are not blind men. One X is enough, why so many XX? Second, why create such problem for your tiler/contractor/ID? In the end trouble people to clean the XX from the tiles if found not "really hollow". Third, one shouldn't even draw on the tile.

By the way mind to share with layman as to how to identify hollow tiles?

My father bought this for us:

IMG-20120414-WA0001.jpg

This metal stick is used to check on hollow tiles. Professional tilers use this stick to check on hollow tiles. You can buy this in any hardware shop. It acts exactly like the coin concept.

By the way mind to share with layman as to how to identify hollow tiles?

Referring to the previous few pages, I have introduced the above tool (tile inspection tool) which we used to check on hollow tiles. This tool is very good, can instantly hear which tile is hollow, which is not with gentle knock on the tile. This tool can be bought from hardware shops.

However, this tool is no longer with us. We have lent to someone, not hoping for return, but if the person wants to return to us, we are okay. Instead of returning, keep constantly SMS me that today will return, then shortly say few days later, then after that, a week later. I see until sian I also don't want to reply. Instead of returning the tool personally back to us, the person expects us to meet at his/her house area at his/her convenience though I have hinted that though we are staying in the same area, but our house is not at all near his/her house, but still 不自动, say if no rush, then it's okay. O M G! Are we borrowing the tool, or is the person returning to us? Even on the day when we met the person to hand the tool, also meet conveniently at the MRT exit near his/her house. The entry/exit is not at all near to the shopping centre or bus interchange. We have to tap in the MRT gantry to enter into the train station, and walk all the way to the exit. Anyways, since the person likes the tool so much, then just take it!

The creative person who likes to draw XXXX on tiles is the person who borrows the tool from us

i think my dinner is waiting for you to take up the offer in exchange for the pendant light!!! :sport-smiley-004:

Haha.. anytime. Hubby is sick for the past few days and not yet recover since Sunday we shifted in. When he recovers, I ask him to make one for you.

Haha.. anytime. Hubby is sick for the past few days and not yet recover since Sunday we shifted in. When he recovers, I ask him to make one for you.

no rush lah... my place is quite ok for now. take yr time... just don't forget me. :sport-smiley-018:

no rush lah... my place is quite ok for now. take yr time... just don't forget me. :sport-smiley-018:

Won't forget you. We are still here

Won't forget you. We are still here

don't get too upset over the tool, ok? forum are like that, there are very nice people and not so nice people. think of the good, forget the bad. what is your fav food? i try to cook that for you then?

Referring to the previous few pages, I have introduced the above tool (tile inspection tool) which we used to check on hollow tiles. This tool is very good, can instantly hear which tile is hollow, which is not with gentle knock on the tile. This tool can be bought from hardware shops.

However, this tool is no longer with us. We have lent to someone, not hoping for return, but if the person wants to return to us, we are okay. Instead of returning, keep constantly SMS me that today will return, then shortly say few days later, then after that, a week later. I see until sian I also don't want to reply. Instead of returning the tool personally back to us, the person expects us to meet at his/her house area at his/her convenience though I have hinted that though we are staying in the same area, but our house is not at all near his/her house, but still 不自动, say if no rush, then it's okay. O M G! Are we borrowing the tool, or is the person returning to us? Even on the day when we met the person to hand the tool, also meet conveniently at the MRT exit near his/her house. The entry/exit is not at all near to the shopping centre or bus interchange. We have to tap in the MRT gantry to enter into the train station, and walk all the way to the exit. Anyways, since the person likes the tool so much, then just take it!

The creative person who likes to draw XXXX on tiles is the person who borrows the tool from us

Thanks, I thought there is a way to identify hollow tiles by eyes or hand, with tool? Err... maybe next time, anyway uncle reno said give us 2 years warranty mah.

Thanks, I thought there is a way to identify hollow tiles by eyes or hand, with tool? Err... maybe next time, anyway uncle reno said give us 2 years warranty mah.

provided 2 yrs down the road u still can find the reno uncle to rectify ur mistakes lor.. you never know :bleah:

normally hollow tiles start popping after at least 5 yrs+ so u dont really have to rectify la.. but for me i believe in making my home a safe place to live in. prevention is better than cure.. renovate the house spend so much liao.. of coz want it to be safe and cosy to live in mah :):dribble:

Tell the fellow to post back to you. Registered post. Then no need today, tomorrow or next week.

don't get too upset over the tool, ok? forum are like that, there are very nice people and not so nice people. think of the good, forget the bad. what is your fav food? i try to cook that for you then?

Sure sure, we want to try your cooking

Tell the fellow to post back to you. Registered post. Then no need today, tomorrow or next week.

Haha, why I didn't think of that. I got so pissed off I told the person either he gives to our contractor, or if he really likes it so much, he shall take it then. Rather than keep message me, arrange day, then change day over and over again, waste my SMS to reply. How much can this tool cost? Why don't buy it him/herself? That person told me if there is anyone wants to borrow, tell him/her, then he/she pass to the next person who wants to borrow. For goodness sake.......... !!

If anyone is really interested in that tool, PM me, I send you his/her handphone number. You call that person directly.

Edited by ayazumi

Sure sure, we want to try your cooking

Haha, why I didn't think of that. I got so pissed off I told the person either he gives to our contractor, or if he really likes it so much, he shall take it then. Rather than keep message me, arrange day, then change day over and over again, waste my SMS to reply. How much can this tool cost? Why don't buy it him/herself? That person told me if there is anyone wants to borrow, tell him/her, then he/she pass to the next person who wants to borrow. For goodness sake.......... !!

If anyone is really interested in that tool, PM me, I send you his/her handphone number. You call that person directly.

Hee....see. We got good ideas. Just get the fellow to post back.