Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

Hi Elise. Don't worry about the waterproofing in the toilets. HDB is very particular with waterproofing. I doubt Defong will dare to risk their license to be revoked. They won't dare to cut materials for the toilets. So not to worry about that. If your contractor promises that there will not be any scratches on your flooring, make sure you check the flooring before he hands over the flat to you. BTW, look at your quotation. You have paid for corrugated board, so why that big area not covered? If the board is free, then you give and take. But if it is something you have paid, I don't see why you can't request that area to be covered.

Edited by ayazumi

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Aya,

My ID got apologise to my dad for his behavior on tat very same day after tat incident and I considered the matter closed. As to the newly erected wall, they also rectified the prob (ie they already removed the plaster and apply cement first and they should be replastering again quite soon). I still look forward to the finished end product (ie my SWEE SWEE renovated house) by DeFong. I'll post up pics soon! Hehe....

Continue piping works:

In Common toilet. The plumber actually think of laying the pipes to the storage heater, then run the pipes above the door entrance, then to the mixer. From outside, we cannot see the pipes until we enter into the toilet.

20120405_183023.jpg

20120405_183901.jpg

Close up. See how nice they bend the pipes.

20120405_183909.jpg

These people are really good at doing plumbing work, but never good in doing plastering work :bleah: Luckily it is outside our house, not inside our house.

20120405_191339.jpg

The reason why we chose Ariston new model storage heater. Now you see that the pipes go underneath the storage heater, not at the side of the storage heater. Old model Ariston storage heater pipes all need to go through the side way. In future if Ariston old model breaks down, you want to change to another brand of storage heater also cannot. Why? Because all new brands storage heater piping all go underneath the tank, not the side of the tank. You need to go back and find old model Ariston tank to replace your spoilt tank. What if one day Ariston stops producing all the old models? You will have problem to find storage heaters that can use side pipes.

20120405_184433.jpg

Hi,

Just checking, how is the water pressure for your shower? When i turn mine to hot water side, the pressure becomes very low. I am wondering whether it concerns the storage heater or the plumber did not bend my hot water pipes properly.

Thanks.

Hi,

Just checking, how is the water pressure for your shower? When i turn mine to hot water side, the pressure becomes very low. I am wondering whether it concerns the storage heater or the plumber did not bend my hot water pipes properly.

Thanks.

Did you check whether ur hot water valve is turn to max? our hot water pressure is ok. but because the piping wasnt laid to maximize water pressure, the water pressure for our common toilet wasn't so good or could be because it is too near the storage heater, but for our MBR toilet is ok and the rainshower works fine.(hot water is definately working very well) :bath:

oh ya.. mayb can ask albert if he got any good tips to improve water pressure bo..

Edited by Akitsuki

Hi Aya,

My ID got apologise to my dad for his behavior on tat very same day after tat incident and I considered the matter closed. As to the newly erected wall, they also rectified the prob (ie they already removed the plaster and apply cement first and they should be replastering again quite soon). I still look forward to the finished end product (ie my SWEE SWEE renovated house) by DeFong. I'll post up pics soon! Hehe....

Hi Elise,

I'm glad that they are taking up the responsibility to rectify the work for you. I hope your house will turn out swee swee. Don't feel too stress, and awaiting for your updates soon.

yup....baking soda and vinegar are my favorite friends. they are used to cooking, cleaning, deodorizing and much more. i try as much not to use commerical cleaners.

when my neighbors fry belachan, i will boil a pot of water and add baking soda and vinegar. it deodorize the kitchen in a jiffy. it beats any air spray.

Nice pointer there... Can it be used to deodorize cigarette smell?

i guess it will be useful for it too. even if you have a carpeted floor, u can just sprinkle some baking soda on the carpet, leave for it to settle for an hr or so than vaccuum it up and the stench would be greatly reduced.

i have never touched baking soda in my life before i got married and have my own home.. and now.. i simply can't live without it.. haha my wife always find stubborn stains for me to clean with it :sport-smiley-003:

little trick....make a pot of boiling water....(not too much)

throw in the baking soda and then the vinegar. there will be a chemical reaction, with lots of "deodorizing fumes" generated. this is a nifty way to "detox" a room.

i guess it will be useful for it too. even if you have a carpeted floor, u can just sprinkle some baking soda on the carpet, leave for it to settle for an hr or so than vaccuum it up and the stench would be greatly reduced.

i have never touched baking soda in my life before i got married and have my own home.. and now.. i simply can't live without it.. haha my wife always find stubborn stains for me to clean with it :sport-smiley-003:

my first 2 months, i was like you....now i'd learnt to take it easy.....and do a major cleanup every forthnight. else it is very tiring......lol

What other carpentry work you would like to do? Not the 40cm mirror, please... If you are doing big items, we pass you our uncle's contact. His worksmanship is good. My in-law house carpentry work all done by Hubby's uncle, and still standing strong after 20 years.

Aya.... Can pm or email me ur uncle's contact? Might be going down the custom made road if cant find nice tv console off the shelf... Thanks so much... Love ur kitchen layout... 

Thanks so much for sharing ur reno journey...

Nur

koala_bear81@yahoo.com

Hi Aya & Aki

Can email me your finalised reno quotation? thinking of engaging your ID

nexer8@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Hi

I have also shortlisted Defong. Can you please PM me your brief review on them as well as the final invoice they billed to you?

Thanks a million

Hi ayazumi, have some questions to ask you about your kitchen cabinet as follows:

Do you all think the wood for the kicthen cabinet should be laminated?

Is it normal for wood kicthen cabinet to be laminated?

If its not laminated is it normal to get a powdering feel when touching on the wood?

When water splashed on the wood do u think it will spoilt easily?

Do u think it's easier to get termites for the wooden kitchen cabinet door?

Cos when we touch on wood cabinett..it seens to be just raw wood..But we were advise by our ID that this will be the case even after the kitchen cabinet setup is completed

Hi ayazumi, have some questions to ask you about your kitchen cabinet as follows:

Do you all think the wood for the kicthen cabinet should be laminated?

Is it normal for wood kicthen cabinet to be laminated?

If its not laminated is it normal to get a powdering feel when touching on the wood?

When water splashed on the wood do u think it will spoilt easily?

Do u think it's easier to get termites for the wooden kitchen cabinet door?

Cos when we touch on wood cabinett..it seens to be just raw wood..But we were advise by our ID that this will be the case even after the kitchen cabinet setup is completed

what do you mean not laminated? for interior, it's the thinner kind of laminate paper (i dont know what's that called). the only side for mine (where I can feel and see) with the raw wood is the underside at the bottom...just beside the kitchen cabinet base.