Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akitsuki

Serangoon North Renovation By Defong Interior Design

Hi ayazumi, have some questions to ask you about your kitchen cabinet as follows:

Do you all think the wood for the kicthen cabinet should be laminated?

Is it normal for wood kicthen cabinet to be laminated?

If its not laminated is it normal to get a powdering feel when touching on the wood?

When water splashed on the wood do u think it will spoilt easily?

Do u think it's easier to get termites for the wooden kitchen cabinet door?

Cos when we touch on wood cabinett..it seens to be just raw wood..But we were advise by our ID that this will be the case even after the kitchen cabinet setup is completed

erm mayb i shall help my wife to answer the questions.. :)

i think all wooden furnitures, cabinets and stuffs etc should be lamintated, or at least lacquered to have a layer of protection.

i dont think people will use raw wood directly for kitchen cabinet without any laminates in singapore. do you have a picture to show? or mayb the ones u have is a laminate design of raw wood? some laminate design do have powdering feel when u touch them but it shouldnt be a problem as they are made to feel like that. Water that occasionally splashed onto the wood should be wipe dry everytime when u are done cooking and there shouldnt be any problem.. and if you are living in a HDB, it's quite seldom to get termites in the house unless they come together with the furnitures that u bought. normally termite infestion occurs in landed housing and low level apartment more often..

please correct me if i said anything incorrectly, just sharing my 2cent worth of opinion. :yamseng:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

erm mayb i shall help my wife to answer the questions.. :)

i think all wooden furnitures, cabinets and stuffs etc should be lamintated, or at least lacquered to have a layer of protection.

i dont think people will use raw wood directly for kitchen cabinet without any laminates in singapore. do you have a picture to show? or mayb the ones u have is a laminate design of raw wood? some laminate design do have powdering feel when u touch them but it shouldnt be a problem as they are made to feel like that. Water that occasionally splashed onto the wood should be wipe dry everytime when u are done cooking and there shouldnt be any problem.. and if you are living in a HDB, it's quite seldom to get termites in the house unless they come together with the furnitures that u bought. normally termite infestion occurs in landed housing and low level apartment more often..

please correct me if i said anything incorrectly, just sharing my 2cent worth of opinion. :yamseng:

The kitchen cabinet top before the solid top is raw plywood. You can check bottom of the drawers to determine if it is also raw plywood.

The kitchen cabinet top before the solid top is raw plywood. You can check bottom of the drawers to determine if it is also raw plywood.

oh ya.. correct.. that part is raw.. but covered by the table top so should be ok? .. didnt really check on the bottom of my drawers.. i guess 1 dont pay much attention to areas that cannot normally be seen..

Hi Aki and Aya;

May I know your experience in Defong? I heard they are cheap

I already have some idea in mind and I just need a somewhat contractor

Can you also share your final quotation with them

Thanks

Hi Aya,

My ID got apologise to my dad for his behavior on tat very same day after tat incident and I considered the matter closed. As to the newly erected wall, they also rectified the prob (ie they already removed the plaster and apply cement first and they should be replastering again quite soon). I still look forward to the finished end product (ie my SWEE SWEE renovated house) by DeFong. I'll post up pics soon! Hehe....

Hi Elise23,

To my knowledge William is a very patience person with a friendly attitude to his client & even to his client family mamber too. Due to his patience & friendliness i even recommended him to my sister & my parents too & they end up having a happy & good relationship during the whole renovation process too. :dancingqueen:

Althrough sometime he is abit forgetful but I am sure that he know his works well & he too know what's going on in his works. So during the whole renovation we didn't even questions or worries about his work & in the end he did produce a very nice & good job to my house as well as to my sister's too. :yamseng:

So if anyone out there who wish to know more about my experience with him, can always PM me & I will be willing to share with you my experience. :rolleyes:

Hi Ayazumi

I enjoyed reading your blog till the last hehe..nice looking wood laminate you got for your kitchen, thinking of getting the same for my kitchen, btw i've noted dwn the code :sport-smiley-004: kiasu me..Super like your TV console as well, i intend to custom made mine to hide all those messy wiring, mind pm me the carpenter contact :sport-smiley-018: TIA :D

Everyday is SUNDAY Shopping

Last Sunday, we visited Furniture Mall. Actually I have no intention to buy anything that day. Just wanted to go there and choose my bed frame fabric colour, and go home. In the end we bought a sofa and a tv console.

This is not the color that we have chosen for the sofa. We have chosen something brown, but not sure why my S2 phone didn't manage to capture the correct color, so I decided not to post the fabric colors. The sales lady was friendly, and gave us good discount for the sofa. She understands we are young married couple, don't have that much savings to spend, and there are so many things need to buy for our new home, so she asked us how much is our budget, and gave us a good discount for the sofa.

12-16.jpg

The TV console was bought from another shop in Furniture Mall. No discount given, and we overlooked that there is a delivery charge of $80. Glass top is not included too, addition of $120 for glass top.

12-17.jpg

Everyday is SUNDAY Shopping

Last Sunday, we visited Furniture Mall. Actually I have no intention to buy anything that day. Just wanted to go there and choose my bed frame fabric colour, and go home. In the end we bought a sofa and a tv console.

This is not the color that we have chosen for the sofa. We have chosen something brown, but not sure why my S2 phone didn't manage to capture the correct color, so I decided not to post the fabric colors. The sales lady was friendly, and gave us good discount for the sofa. She understands we are young married couple, don't have that much savings to spend, and there are so many things need to buy for our new home, so she asked us how much is our budget, and gave us a good discount for the sofa.

12-16.jpg

The TV console was bought from another shop in Furniture Mall. No discount given, and we overlooked that there is a delivery charge of $80. Glass top is not included too, addition of $120 for glass top.

12-17.jpg

Hi is e sofa from sy furniture ? Mind to pm me e price of the sofa ... Thanks

I went down to Defong and spoke to Nicholas. He is a soft spoken and nice chap except that the quote that he gave us seems like not compact. A lot of hidden cost incurred when we asked him. In addition, he seems unprepared for the appointment. Does Kevin will be a better person for this ID company to speak to?