Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
greenbluehair

Renovation Problem [ Need Serious Feedback ]

Few week ago i had a renovation of my kitchen and two toilet, the contractor i hired had done a seriously bad job in hacking wall and flooring causingd amaging to my property.

1)My Conceal water pipe, gov gas pipe was being damage while the hacking was done.

2)Two of my door frame was also damage and my door was not able to close.

3)A cardboard layer was place on my parquet but this doesnt not prevent water from causing them to turn black and mouldy.

4)Damge of my false ceiling

This 4 points are the more curial part that happen through out the house. The contractor even ask me to pay for the damage of what they had done pushing away the blame. I had told the contractor that i do not wish to carry on and he said i need to pay 14k - 7k(deposit) = 7k outstanding. I didnt agree on the 7k outstanding as i feel that the damage they done i need to hire another contractor to repair. i had attached the invoice document.

Should i bring this up to Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE) or file a Tribunal case?

14oaxl.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

it is very simple dont have to talk much and the money is in ur hand what can they do? 2nd ask them to repair whatever need to be done or u shall not pay them and report to police then shot to CASE

What company is this?

Please do not pay them the remaining 50%, and go to HDB to report their damages to the gas and water pipe. They will probably get demerit points from HDB and their demerit points will be showed in the contractor list page in HDB web site.

Once a contractor clocks certain no. of demerit points, HDB will suspend their business for 6 months.

I m so sorry to hear about what happened to u & can empathize with what you r going through now. :(

Any photos to share on those damages that your contractor had caused to your home?

Sounds really bad :( but is your contractor under radac? Of yes, you could report him to radac & see how they could assist you.

It's absolutely crazy that the renovator is asking for $ when he damaged your interior!

I will not disclosed the company right now. Btw i stay in landed is it possible for me to go to HDB to complain on my damages? I had contacted the boss and he told me that anything settle on the phone will do, he got a good scolding from me for replying that and i had draft out an agreement asking them to sign to repair back my damages and also mutual termination of contract. If they persistently dont wish to agree i would pursue this matter to Tribunal court.

Edited by greenbluehair

I will not disclosed the company right now. Btw i stay in landed is it possible for me to go to HDB to complain on my damages? I had contacted the boss and he told me that anything settle on the phone will do, he got a good scolding from me for replying that and i had draft out an agreement asking them to sign to repair back my damages and also mutual termination of contract. If they persistently dont wish to agree i would pursue this matter to Tribunal court.

can hear they have use new worker, short of supervision and lack of responsibility.

No u shouldn't complain to HDb becox landed properties aren't under the purview of HDb.

Did u try calling bca?

Nope didnt contact bca, but i went CASE to have some free consultation by them. It will not be tat nice to leave thing hangly around that why i approached the screw up contractor again to nego on the termination of contract as i do not wish to have any more problem that might arise in the future. Here my draft letter for him to sign tml if not i will be going to Tribunal.

Mutual termination of contract

Dear xxxx,

This letter shall acknowledge our mutual agreement to cancel and terminate the contract between us Dated 15/03/2012; without further recourse by either party.

With discussion on 15/03/2012 with you, you have agreed on repairing the damages caused to the property. The rectification of the damages are listed,

1) clearing of choke sewage

2) replace damage parquet flooring and polishing,

3) rectification of false ceiling which was damage,

4) 3 door frame and door rectification.

These points are to be made good.

As such I will be paying you back another $5000 once all the rectification had been fixed properly and the work has to be satisfactory after my inspection

Best wishes,

xxxx

xxxx

xxxx

Acknowledgement

Name :

I/C:

Date:

END OF LETTER