Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Tricky

3 Room Flat Marine Parade

Hi everyone,

After dreaming for months, we finally have the keys to our 3 room flat in Marine parade. As the place looks really old we want to redo everything. Probably will be going for a industrial/vintage/raw materials look. Any ideas, good deals, thoughts are welcome. Has anyone renovated a 3 room hdb and would care to share with me ? (quotation, contractor etc)

Many thanks !!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi

u can call my contractor Mr Ng for quotation 83997509 he had a carpentry workshop and is an ID as well.. did my house few year back with him and recently just did my kid's room with him.

rdgs

Am just about to start looking seriously for a contractor. I'm not looking for any IDs because I can't afford it but it's a small place and I know exactly what I want.

Though, can anyone tell me when in the process should I ask for the permits from HDB ?

Am just about to start looking seriously for a contractor. I'm not looking for any IDs because I can't afford it but it's a small place and I know exactly what I want.

Though, can anyone tell me when in the process should I ask for the permits from HDB ?

Permit usually come with a company. like so and so construction pte ltd. for example you can look for people like tiler seng or nick if you not looking for any id..

and permit comes into the picture when hacking works need to be done.

thanks Koukii !

I'm attaching my original floorplan and circled in red the walls I want to hack. Im a little confused because of the beams going through and am wondering if this affects the possibility of these walls being hacked.

6894947352_b08d758626_z.jpg

Can i know your purpose of hacking the wall between bathroom and bedroom?

If you wish to open a doorway, is only 900mm; if want to extend your vanity area, hdb only allow additional 600mm and must be dry area.

The purpose ? simply to go to bathroom from MBR.

Actually I do intend to extend another 60cms in MBR. The shower area will not be near the door.

The purpose ? simply to go to bathroom from MBR.

Actually I do intend to extend another 60cms in MBR. The shower area will not be near the door.

If you intend to use the mid section as shower area, you can extend 600mm into your bedroom as vanity dry area. I would suggest you dont hack away the wall between WC and Bathroom... 1 person can shower while 2nd person can do business, and the smell will not spread into the bathroom.

I have to keep a separation between the wall and the toilet anyway, because of the pipes there, but actually I'm planning an opening so I dont have to go out of the BR to go to the toilet. Thanks for the suggestions ;)

not any response for these ? Artz Work gave me a very interesting quotation. And so far they have been very professional. I'm also waiting for a quote from Summit, ID is James Lee

Just did my reno last year.. my contractor pricing is fairly cheap...she is easy to work with. not calculative, jovial and supervise her workers 's work. If you want, I can send you her contract