Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
heynsl

Purchase Of Resale Hdb

Hi,

I am a private property owner and is interested to get a bigger HDB resale unit for staying while renting my pte property. Reason being that the pte property I had is too small for my family.

Due to the recent government regulations, am I allow to get a resale hdb unit while being a pte property owner?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Nope.... New ruling no longer allows this.... Even resale unit with bank loan is no longer allowed.

Can no longer buy Hdb and own Pte property at the same time. I was in simliar situation as u before I sold my condo and bought HDB. But who knows, 5 yrs later, things can change again.

Can no longer buy Hdb and own Pte property at the same time. I was in simliar situation as u before I sold my condo and bought HDB. But who knows, 5 yrs later, things can change again.

can own hdb and private at same time... but have to be hdb first, then private 2nd. Cannot private first, then hdb.

So, what can be done is sell private and buy hdb. then buy back the private. or the other way, transfer the private to someone else name (ie family member) then buy hdb. I just checked HDB website, still need to fulfill 5 years MOP period before transferring back the private / buy new one.

Edited by May_dream1

nope, the purpose of HDB is not for owner to live in while collecting rental from private property.

gahment is saying that if ur private property is too small, get a bigger one if you can. If not, can get resale HDB.

No more having your cake and eating it, at least not when there is a shortage of HDB flats.

oh no...

too bad...

guess i just have to wait and see when HDB will change their regulation especially when all the residential supply from the past launches come in...