Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Keithreport

High Ceiling Unit, Want To Have A Loft Concept

I just got a condo ground unit, its living room and bed room ceiling height about 5meters. i am thinking of having a loft concept for reno, intention to use it as a study room and TV space. looking at the floor plan I will need to hack the walls of one of the room so that the loft will stretch from the living room into the bed room, it is possible?

will the developer not agree with the design. as a loft is never the original intention of the design layout? Please advise.... :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi!

I just got a ground floor unit as well and was thinking of doing the exact same thing as you! Mine is around 4.5m. Went to check BCA guidelines and realized that need to get BCA's approval for lofts bigger than 5m square. Are you still going to build the loft? Think it would be super nice... :)

Hi!

I just got a ground floor unit as well and was thinking of doing the exact same thing as you! Mine is around 4.5m. Went to check BCA guidelines and realized that need to get BCA's approval for lofts bigger than 5m square. Are you still going to build the loft? Think it would be super nice... :)

Was wondering whether you have decided to build our loft? I want to extend my 1st floor at terrace house and PE tells me will take 4 months for approval. Anyone has done this and if so how long dod approval from BCA and URA take?

Been to this showroom they have a mock up loft concept in the showroom. maybe you can go over and see.

If i not wrong is thom signature ba.try google it