Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HomeSWEETHome01

Most Expensive Hdb @ 880K In Tampines

Recently read a post on the priciest HDB at 880k in Tampines

Almost the same price as sub urban Condos!!!

Is the Newly launched DBSS HDBs

Here is the article

Tampines DBSS HDB

Want to ask you all on your views on this.

Would u buy such an expensive HDB?

Or would u just save up more for a condo?

Is this the right decision of our government to integrate high end living with HDB?

Comment please

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

There are also 5 room resale HDBs going for 900+k along Marine Drive.. asking 200k COV.. also old EA's at Bedok South Rd asking $938k on Property Guru.

Personally think its ridiculous to pay so much COV especially when valuation has already taken into account location, high floor, state of renovation etc.. however, I suppose its willing buyer willing seller. If people wanna throw money at me, I won't reject right? So try lor

Err i guess i must have missed out on the news. Nvm good to be later than never. haha

Err i think that instead of suspending it they should try to improve on it. Provide more for the ppl. so that they will feel that the purchase is more worth it.

DBSS is crap to begin with la, 20yrs down the road, do you seriously think DBSS will command a premium over the "normal" flats over at the next block?

both will be old flat where total renovation is needed, whats the difference?

DBSS is just a scheme for government to milk the developers who will squeese the buyers thru marketing. Or you can view it as a way to allocate housing to those who can afford to pay more or those who dun mind paying more to secure a house at a good location.

Read about another Expensive HDB

sold for $894,000 at TPY.

The surprising thing is that it was just bought 3 years ago at about 300 to 400k

Wow price doubled/tripled.

Im expecting the price to grow even more even up to the million mark.

I just saw one 20+ years maisonette at Bishan sold at $900K at HDB website. Amazing that anyone will actually pay this price for an old flat.

It's probably one of those rare maisonettes with a sky terrace. You can tell by the unit size indicated. Would be bigger than the typical EM size of 1560. You can read more n see the floorplan here: http://emrenoblog.wordpress.com/2012/04/01/how-much-would-you-pay-for-a-hdb/

Actually on a psf basis, bishan units are still cheaper than queenstown ones. A new neighbour just got a unit for $865k. Typical gen 2 corridor unit below 10th floor. So yeah, people would pay for an old flat. Boils down to demand n supply really. You find very few large hdb flats nearer to town and hdb is not building more maisonettes, just lofts with smaller config.

Bishan is a popular town so it remains a constant fav.