Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Gymrat76

Another Wall Hacking Question

Quick question

If the wall I want to hack is not bold on the floor plan, i.e. non-load bearing, but it is a precast block, then also cannot? I was told this by one of the contractors...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Quick question

If the wall I want to hack is not bold on the floor plan, i.e. non-load bearing, but it is a precast block, then also cannot? I was told this by one of the contractors...

Your contractor is right; precast wall cannot be hack. If in doubt, check with your HDB area office.

thanks!

Dont thank me so fast... last night had a chat with my project manager and was told that some precast walls can be hack, subject to HDB approval. Actually it depend on the engineer that sign on the approval paper... so depend on your luck.

Just checked with my friend who's an architect.. he say can.. the contractor said will write to HDB to ask.. but I think 33 years ago dun have precast walls right? All bricks? :P

Just checked with my friend who's an architect.. he say can.. the contractor said will write to HDB to ask.. but I think 33 years ago dun have precast walls right? All bricks? :P

33 years ago no precast wall, just hollow block, only those above 40 years old then maybe red brick. So long is not black color line on floor plan should be no problem to get approval, those use PE is waste money only cos still require hdb engineer to grant the approval. PE from outside anyhow approve hdb wall hacking, the whole block can topple; dont think hdb so stupid.

gymrat, can you tell me your address? I will siam that block altogether.... :sport-smiley-004: