Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Aurelia

Nest In The West

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Aurelia, if you have time, can take a picture of your living room with just the downlights on and another one with the covelights on at night? my living room is about the same size as yours but I am deciding whether to install a downlight as I currently I already have a covelight but I find that living room is still quite dark.

Not sure if you still need these pictures, but my electrician finally got the switches working this week :)

Covelights Only

livinglights-cove.jpg

Really cozy setting, not suitable for reading. I find it dark myself.

Downlights Only

livinglights-down.jpg

Slightly brighter (8 downlights installed) than the covelights but not to my expectation. My kitchen light is brighter than this.

All Lights On

livinglights-all.jpg

If I'm only watching TV, I'll either switch the covelights on, or none at all. :D

Week 8: Glass Up!

Here comes the glass room! Views from the living room are on my previous post :sport-smiley-004:

week8-01.jpg

And a simple raised platform for the MBR:

week8-02.jpg

Mirrors, doors and glass for the toilets were also installed this week, unfortunately I forgot to take pictures again.

Only sliding door (for Bedroom 2), minor touchups/rectifications, and floor grouting left! William says he should be able to handover this weekend :dribble:

Edited by Aurelia

Wow, congrats. Can buy furniture to move in liao. I have get quotation frm SDS ken, now in amendment, really hope that he can give us the best price so that we can proceed with our renovation.

Wow, congrats. Can buy furniture to move in liao. I have get quotation frm SDS ken, now in amendment, really hope that he can give us the best price so that we can proceed with our renovation.

Good luck with your renovation! Do share your t-blog soon :lol:

Yup, most furniture should be in by the end of the month. Hopefully we can start cleaning the house this weekend!

btw y do you say that your kitchen is brighter? Did you use downlight also or ceiling light?

Normal ceiling light for the kitchen but it's really bright (considering the fact there's 3 tubes inside lol)

Sometimes I'd wonder why we invested in 8 LED downlights while our parents' house can achieve the same brightness with just one ceiling light. :lol:

Old picture from Week 6:

week6-07.jpg