Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Aurelia

Nest In The West

Not sure if you still need these pictures, but my electrician finally got the switches working this week :)

Covelights Only

livinglights-cove.jpg

Really cozy setting, not suitable for reading. I find it dark myself.

Downlights Only

livinglights-down.jpg

Slightly brighter (8 downlights installed) than the covelights but not to my expectation. My kitchen light is brighter than this.

All Lights On

livinglights-all.jpg

If I'm only watching TV, I'll either switch the covelights on, or none at all. :D

Hi there, may I know what is the width of the false ceiling that is holding your downlights? Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Not sure if you still need these pictures, but my electrician finally got the switches working this week :)

Covelights Only

livinglights-cove.jpg

Love the living room design! Mind sharing your quotation? Thanks a lot!

Really cozy setting, not suitable for reading. I find it dark myself.

Downlights Only

livinglights-down.jpg

Slightly brighter (8 downlights installed) than the covelights but not to my expectation. My kitchen light is brighter than this.

All Lights On

livinglights-all.jpg

If I'm only watching TV, I'll either switch the covelights on, or none at all. :D

Hi there, may I know what is the width of the false ceiling that is holding your downlights? Thanks.

Wow, that's a tricky one! We do not have the exact measurements, but will try to measure when we get hold of a step ladder for our cleaning session this weekend! :lol:

Week 9: Lazing Around...

Lack of updates again, this time I was too engrossed playing Dragon Nest. It's a blessing I did not order Diablo 3... :lol:

Here's the toilet photos as promised:

Common Toilet

week9-01.jpg

week9-02.jpg

MBR Toilet

week9-03.jpg

This was actually our very first purchase even before renovation started:

shopping-flipside.jpg

Kohler Flipside Shower!

Curtains

Getting our roman blind curtains from MGL. May was very patient and helpful, giving us suggestions along with pros and cons of each type of curtain. We found the guy who came to take measurements very professional as well.

Lesson learnt - Prices for roman blinds go by sqft. Normal day/night curtains would have been A LOT cheaper, but it wouldn't look nice on bay windows.

week9-05.jpg

Edited by Aurelia

Anyone knows how long should a 25L Joven storage heater take to heat up? We switched on for 10 good minutes but the water was still cold...

Yes, roman blinds can be more expensive than curtains. It depends on individual preference, and the final look on roman blinds if it will look nice or ugly really depends on the length and width of your windows. For mine, I did roman blinds in MBR. The overall look is very normal, I would say, and doesn't look "impressive", probably my window height is too short (1/2 length only). Roman blinds look nicer for 3/4 window height, for two piece window with "corner frames". Big piece roman blinds may not look nice on wide windows or many window panels without corner frames.

I suspect either the heater is spoilt, or your ID/contractor did not install hot water heater point for you.

Anyone knows how long should a 25L Joven storage heater take to heat up? We switched on for 10 good minutes but the water was still cold...

i've a 30L Joven and it usually takes 10 minutes. if i take a shower, there's usually some left over warm water for a quick shower the first morning.

Week 9: Lazing Around...

Lack of updates again, this time I was too engrossed playing Dragon Nest. It's a blessing I did not order Diablo 3... :lol:

Here's the toilet photos as promised:

Common Toilet

week9-01.jpg

week9-02.jpg

MBR Toilet

week9-03.jpg

This was actually our very first purchase even before renovation started:

shopping-flipside.jpg

Kohler Flipside Shower!

Curtains

Getting our roman blind curtains from MGL. May was very patient and helpful, giving us suggestions along with pros and cons of each type of curtain. We found the guy who came to take measurements very professional as well.

Lesson learnt - Prices for roman blinds go by sqft. Normal day/night curtains would have been A LOT cheaper, but it wouldn't look nice on bay windows.

week9-05.jpg

Wah bro your toilet swee I mean your common toilet...U muz have spend a bomb on it replacing doors and long vanity top :dribble:

So when hand over date???

Thanks ayazumi and getzski! Looks like the heater might really be faulty, gonna ask ID tomorrow! :thumbs up:

@Punggolfamily: The Flipsides will only be installed after the handover :lol: You can visit the Kohler showroom and try out the demo sets! Our initial impression at the showroom - Koverage (green in picture) was nothing special; typical handshower experience. Komotion (blue) and Kurrent (pink) were massage sprays. Personally I loved Kotton (orange), it felt really gentle and soft on my hands!

Transition between the 4 modes were smooth without water splashing all over the place. There's different types of handles for the Flipside as well (round, square, and I can't remember the last one).

We were glad to be served by a friendly staff named Sebastian who gave us practical advice along the way.

The only drawback for us was probably the material used for the handshower - polished chrome. Not too sure how long it will last...

@Foreveryoung: Bought back in February at $288 for 2 Flipsides (before GST). ;)

@casa: Thanks! If not swee I confirm heart pain... :sport-smiley-004: Handover most likely on Friday or Saturday! Then it'll be major cleaning time... The horror.

Edited by Aurelia