Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
XTR

S&s Self-Designed Home In The East

You are very welcome. :)

Their phone # is still the same as what XTR posted. No harm call them up before heading down.

Luckily I came in and saw this, otherwise i could have gone to the old shop in Geylang. Thanks for the update renotm!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :bow: :bow: :bow:

I also want to do this for my new place!!!! Most of my rooms/living/kitchen windows are facing west sun. Today went over (for handover) and it is HOT. :bangwall: :bangwall:

Can share all the necessary materials, shops that you used/visit for this project? Definitely would like to try. :)

Thanks.

hi hi, can pm me the necessary materials, shops info, thanks

but not all is rosy. there was a BIG BIG problem. when i tried to remote control the canvas to be pulled up, there wasnt enough friction between the motor and the internal diameter of the steel tube thus the canvas cant move up :curse: :curse:

buang la!

do so much and still fail... cui!

i had to think of other ways but it failed. finally i decided to drill and screw the canvas to the steel tube and to the motor inside. after everything, here is a video of our remote controlled 12 feet roller blinds in the living room. total costs is $740 for both automated blinds.

shiok can?! success!

in the video, the blinds have been programmed to stop at a certain height.

Hi XTR,

Most impressed with your DIY skills for the blinds.

Could you share with me in a pm on how it was done? like what parts were needed and the step by step of how it was put together to make it work.?

Also could I have your contractor details as well?

Thanks!

can share where to find this?

was the shipping expensive?

hello dotty...i got it from ebay. some sellers quote ridiculous amt. i managed to get my shipping for usd$110.

Hi XTR,

Most impressed with your DIY skills for the blinds.

Could you share with me in a pm on how it was done? like what parts were needed and the step by step of how it was put together to make it work.?

Also could I have your contractor details as well?

Thanks!

hi,

thx for checking out my blog. my contractor details are on the first page.

will pm u the parts.

bought this danish teak dresser from a local importer.

full teak.

great workmanship

IMG_1932.jpg

beautiful grains

IMG_1933.jpg

photo from seller. comes with a vintage key for the drawers.

c108-4.jpg

c108-5.jpg

again...another

DIY Bedside Lamps

we wanted to create a bedside lamp that could have the height adjusted anytime we wanted.

we bought pulleys and drilled it to the ceiling. we also bought original Louis Poulsen 4/3 pendant lamps. money worth spending... the light doesnt shine into your eyes when u look directly into it.

in the picture below, you are seeing the lamp on the left side of the bed. so seeing her mood, my wife can put her hand

behind the mirror and unhook the wire (got some kind of hook behind the mirror), lower the lamp and hook it back at a lower level.

IMG_1949.jpg

IMG_1944.jpg

IMG_1948.jpg

Edited by XTR

bought this danish teak dresser from a local importer.

full teak.

Looks good! Is it from Forar? Think I saw something similar on their website before.

I love the drawers. How wide is the depth? Thought of getting a drawer for our MBr, but it's very difficult to find a drawer with short width.

Looks good! Is it from Forar? Think I saw something similar on their website before.

yah adi, its from Forar. great seller. the items he chose are all really 'solid' stuffs.

The DIY bedside lamp looks nice! Where did you get it? Thx.

ah, ebay. but we made sure its authentic.

I love the drawers. How wide is the depth? Thought of getting a drawer for our MBr, but it's very difficult to find a drawer with short width.

hello, i measured and its 31.5 inches.

hi xtr,

i love teak furniture too, my teak study table above is 5 years old and it still looks ok i guess. :D

the colour looks good too. from the pic, it seems like i can smell the teak smell. could be the effect of the flowers...

May I ask how long are these track lights of yours? Thanks.

oh its 2 metres. 2-3m will allow u to put the spotlights to any parts of the living room. hope this helps.