Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
XTR

S&s Self-Designed Home In The East

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

And we have two new additions to our family! Royal & Rumble (yes, after WWE). They are mix breeds of Ragdoll and British shorthair. Here they are with their classic "poor-me" looks.

237455e3-410a-4f2b-8116-548927d5f96b_zps

Here's Rumble in his Halloween get-up

f4ad23e0-7651-4b2a-af61-4a8c25e12671_zps

Hi XTR, your home is lovely and inspiring! Would you mind sharing your contractor's contact? We're also looking to do reno without an ID as we have some ideas of our own. Thanks!

I really like ur DIY brick wall as it gives a subtle texture to it...

I want to do the same for my new flat... but I'm not sure if doing it with a thick coat of plaster will work. ultimately it's about moulding something that will harden eventually ...ehhh right?

hi xtr,

nice place you have. can i find out from you what type of concrete that you used for your flooring? because apparently many are confused over what to use to get the look and feel of the concrete floor. is it the traditional cement + sand + water mix or all in one or self levelling?

please share your info if any.

tks

Hi XTR,

Only one word can describe what i see in your DIY house - SWEE... got lots of personalised areas.

Your contractor should thank you... you put in a lot of confidence in those who are contemplating about getting him to do up our most expensive investment. Can I ask what company is Alan from?

Hi XTR,

I am reading your blog. Interesting concept you have. Admire the effort you put into your house.

Care to share how much did you pay for the 2 leaves master bedroom door. I am looking for it.

I was quoted something close to $1000 for louver 2 leaves door.

You can pm me.

Thanks.

We engaged XTR's contractor after reading the positive reviews (I enquired for his contact on 2 Aug above on this same page).

But we got an entirely different experience.

You can see some feedback from a few homeowners who hired Alan here. It will be useful for those considering to engage his services.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/58479-loft-iklektic/page-27

but not all is rosy. there was a BIG BIG problem. when i tried to remote control the canvas to be pulled up, there wasnt enough friction between the motor and the internal diameter of the steel tube thus the canvas cant move up :curse: :curse:

buang la!

do so much and still fail... cui!

i had to think of other ways but it failed. finally i decided to drill and screw the canvas to the steel tube and to the motor inside. after everything, here is a video of our remote controlled 12 feet roller blinds in the living room. total costs is $740 for both automated blinds.

shiok can?! success!

in the video, the blinds have been programmed to stop at a certain height.

Have this idea stuck in my mind after a stay at Capella. They have automated curtains that can pull open sideways too. I got to say man, this is one most awesome DIY I've ever seen... Got to seek ur expertise if I get the chance to do up my place. Love it lots!

We engaged XTR's contractor after reading the positive reviews (I enquired for his contact on 2 Aug above on this same page).

But we got an entirely different experience.

You can see some feedback from a few homeowners who hired Alan here. It will be useful for those considering to engage his services.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/58479-loft-iklektic/page-27

i engaged alan due to xtr's reviews as well - and no, not all are positive. i would say mixed reviews as such i was well prepared for it.