Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
paladin126

How Much Does Cat 6 Lan Cables Cost And The Installation Charges?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Market price is about $100 for a LAN point with faceplate at 1 end and termination with RJ-45 on the other; some maybe more $ depend on the quality of the cable. Testing included.

I can recommend the professional for the network cabling for you if you needed..(They are also doing the office renovation and data center network cabling work.) If who are need this kind of work, can PM me OK.

Hi all,

Can anyone show some images of how you organize your patch panel after wiring your whole home with cat 6 cables?

Looking for ideas on how to organize this for my new place.

Thanks!

Hi all,

Can anyone show some images of how you organize your patch panel after wiring your whole home with cat 6 cables?

Looking for ideas on how to organize this for my new place.

Thanks!

small home network with less than 5 points no need patch panel. 1 end terminate at faceplate, the other terminate with RJ-45 plug; connect all the RJ-45 plugs, wireless router, network printer, network nas into a 8 ports gigabits switch and you are good to go.

small home network with less than 5 points no need patch panel. 1 end terminate at faceplate, the other terminate with RJ-45 plug; connect all the RJ-45 plugs, wireless router, network printer, network nas into a 8 ports gigabits switch and you are good to go.

Thanks taichi panda. Actually I think I described it wrongly. I'd like to see how are the faceplates organized.

Is this one of those that is commonly used?

wpcl6.1.jpg

So far never see home network (less than 6 points) using patch panel.

patchpanelMAIN.jpg

Imagine you have 6 rooms; You can use single RJ-45 faceplate for each room and terminate at a common location using a faceplate with 6 x RJ-45 sockets. Cosmetically it is very neat but you run the risk of additional contact points which sometime can go wrong, to repair the broken point, you need to remove the whole faceplate which involve additional risk of damaging other good points. So most safest way is to terminate using RJ-45 plug directly into the switch.

wpcl6.1.jpg

Thanks for the tips taichipanda.

Just to make sure i get it right, for the centralized area where all the Cat 6 cables will be connected to a switch, they will be in this form:

1206534233_rj45-cable-blue.jpg

So i'll have a bunch of these at where the switch is located at.

I can recommend the professional for the network cabling for you if you needed..(They are also doing the office renovation and data center network cabling work.) If who are need this kind of work, can PM me OK.

I PM you for the contractor details to do cat6 cabling work you can sms me 81 11 40 94. Thanks for your help

Hi Woola,

Kindly help me to share the ID contact details to 81 11 40 94, I'd like to engage 1) for FAN fitting 2) CAT6 cabling Thanks in advance for your help

1st what job u needed when install the cat 6 cable? conceal? surface?I can recommend the electrician who help me doing my job for you if you needed..(i got electrician help me to install fan that i selling, they also doing rewiring and office renovation maybe can help you settle your problem..)

cat 6 cable hard to bend because its have a plastic support in middle of cable..

I had just added a new data point to my home, without the awful looking PVC trunkings.

After re-painting, it is almost invisible to sight

DSC_0024a.JPG

DSC_0018a.JPG