Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jshome

Not An Em, Just A 5Am

Mine is the same as well, 1 whole week gone...only MBR toilet & lvl 2 common toilet cemented. Nothing else.

Saw your comment in Soichiro's blog. I would recommend that since wiring everything, lay LAN cable (cat6) & SCV points to all 3 bedroom upstairs.

Just like mine:

10 Network Point ( Cat 6e cable ) 3 nos $ 9 0.00 $ 270.00

11 Scv t.v point ( 1530A RG 6 cable ) 4 nos $ 9 0.00 $ 360.00

By the way, have u got your electrician to quote, can share?

We are only getting 2SCV and 2Network point, both at each level. We don't watch cable tv in the bedroom so dont think another one.

SCV point at $95 each and he don't do Network point leh?? Find it funny? So contractor have to find another guy to do the cat6 from top level to lower level.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wow, the whole house looked well maintained and beautiful.

I vote yes! Hehe. I wanted one before.

Hi Aelyra, where is your bto going to be?

Hi jshome,

how did your railing design turn out? keen to know leh.

We also waiting for the sample leh, i think it will be the last thing to be put up. I also dunno how it will turn up to be.... :unsure:

The whole reno is moving very slow.

The air-con man came a couple of week ago to dismantle the compressor. A interesting find from our neighbourhood, the water pipe flows out to the corridor instead of the usual toilet drainage.

You can see the pipe clearly in the photos, our neighbour is very innovative, they channel this pipe to their mini plantation, so free watering every night!

What a good way to save water.... :good::good:

647b9c59.jpg

1a4d96bd.jpg

:furious::furious:

Our contractor without our permission strip bare all the timber strip of the staircase. We wanted to keep the parquet and only repair the damanged side but now we got to re-do the whole staircase!!

He claimed that the cost of re-doing the stair is about the same as repairing it, but I seriouslt don't think so!! :furious::furious:

3f4aeff9.jpg

I like your Neighbour! Very environmentally friendly.... Haha.... So u can channel yours to their mini plantation too?

Hi Aelyra, where is your bto going to be?

It's at Choa Chu Kang called Sunshine Gardens. It's still a long way to go. Lol. I just found out about this forum and enjoy drooling and admiring others transformation!

Trying to gauge how much I have to saved up till then. Just being a kiasu me. Hur hur.

I was playing with Floor Planner for awhile and this is the layout. The program is quite simple to use! Upload your floorplan, draw out the rooms and add all the furnishings that you like.

A 4.25m long kitchen and 2.75m island cum dinning.

FloorPlanner.jpg

Have to start looking for a slightly higher dinning chairs to fit the island and also cracking my head planning the kitchen config!

~~~~~~~~

Hi, can share which program you downloaded to play with the floor plan ? I'd like to design my own resale EA :)

Thx !

Contractor trying to pull a fast one?

When we purchased our very 1st flat at Pandan Gardens ages ago, the one who replaced the few broken parquet pieces outside the MBR toilet was the same person in charge of polishing the 3 parquet bedrooms. It's in the whole package of repair cum polish.

You mean now you have to hire a contractor just to lay the parquet and another one to polish it huh? That's why repair and replace is no difference?

Our contractor without our permission strip bare all the timber strip of the staircase. We wanted to keep the parquet and only repair the damanged side but now we got to re-do the whole staircase!!

He claimed that the cost of re-doing the stair is about the same as repairing it, but I seriouslt don't think so!! :furious::furious:

3f4aeff9.jpg

Myself as a layman, I seriously dont think repair & REDO is same cost.

Anyway, I've got a very good quote on the re-wiring. Have u cfmd with the electrician?

I agree with u that redoing is going to cost more than repair. But how could ur contractor have made this mistake since it wasn't hacked right from the beginning? Hmmm.... U should make him pay for the additional cost incurred. A parquet staircase can easily cost $2000 or more....

I like your Neighbour! Very environmentally friendly.... Haha.... So u can channel yours to their mini plantation too?

Our previous owner also had a small little pot of plant irrigated by their aircon... Hahahaha...

But when we install our new air-con, installer said better run pipe to toilet :( so i can start my mini plantation.

It's at Choa Chu Kang called Sunshine Gardens. It's still a long way to go. Lol. I just found out about this forum and enjoy drooling and admiring others transformation!

Trying to gauge how much I have to saved up till then. Just being a kiasu me. Hur hur.

You can start taking down notes while drooling, it really helps when your time arrival. I know about this site abit too late, if not I will be more informed!

~~~~~~~~

Hi, can share which program you downloaded to play with the floor plan ? I'd like to design my own resale EA :)

Thx !

The program is in the hyperlink, a free and simple program. Scan your floor plan and you can start playing with it.

Contractor trying to pull a fast one?

When we purchased our very 1st flat at Pandan Gardens ages ago, the one who replaced the few broken parquet pieces outside the MBR toilet was the same person in charge of polishing the 3 parquet bedrooms. It's in the whole package of repair cum polish.

You mean now you have to hire a contractor just to lay the parquet and another one to polish it huh? That's why repair and replace is no difference?

Contractor initially quoted us for new parquet, minor repair along the corridor and polishing. But after taking down the railing, we feel that the damage is not as bad so we told repair it instead. The stairs are later protected with sheets but one day we went to visit and the parquets are all gone!!!

Myself as a layman, I seriously dont think repair & REDO is same cost.

Anyway, I've got a very good quote on the re-wiring. Have u cfmd with the electrician?

Yes. Its definitely double the cost for redoing!

The electrician already started working on the wiring, so i suppose shld be confirmed... Hee hee

I agree with u that redoing is going to cost more than repair. But how could ur contractor have made this mistake since it wasn't hacked right from the beginning? Hmmm.... U should make him pay for the additional cost incurred. A parquet staircase can easily cost $2000 or more....

Headache now! :bangwall::bangwall: