Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nixiak

Anyone Heard Of Or Tried Premplas Interior

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Mmmm, I got an alarming quote from them... They quoted me 80% higher than what other 4 companies are quoting me. We also flipped. BEsides, we also went D'Trenzo and that quote was more reasonable... I dunno why is their quote so high... I realised they charged labour fees for laying tiles when other companies are charging only tiles cost and they will lay for you too...

Mmmm, I got an alarming quote from them... They quoted me 80% higher than what other 4 companies are quoting me. We also flipped. BEsides, we also went D'Trenzo and that quote was more reasonable... I dunno why is their quote so high... I realised they charged labour fees for laying tiles when other companies are charging only tiles cost and they will lay for you too...

Based on my quotation comparing to his and the current ID involved, IMO his carpentry is slighly steep probably due to in-house carpentry. For my case i regret dropping him. Anyways since you've got plenty of time try to work out with him and see what can be discounted or scout around first.

@Melwood1978 : for real?

To be fair, if you review the quotes in detail, the summation of premplas' labour cost and tile cost is actually lower than some IDs...that's juz a presentation format difference.

i'm using them, so far so good, no hidden charges no extra cost... price is steeper but we managed to negotiate a reasonable package with some discounts and upgrades...

to me the single most important factor in engaging an ID is trust and hassle free process...

chat with or interview them to understand the person and the company, appoint the one that can 'click' and with strong financial backing...

Looks like they've closed down.

Called all their nos in the flyer, line not in use. Website also can't go in!! Just wanting to make enquiries.

It's been a while since I logged in renotalk... after I selected my contractor I've been so busy with the reno. It's now in the final stages I needed a channel to let out!!

I hope with my experience I can help pple sourcing for contractors/ IDs...

Premplas - this is my top on the list contractor/ ID when I was hunting. I went there late at night after the work and was served by a man called ah wei whom I later know is the 'head of their carpentry'. He said all the IDs have left (I didn't have a name in mind but prior to going I read from renotalk that there's a couple - as in hubby and wife ID who are very good... can't rem the names..) anyway as ah wei asked for a name of whom I'm looking for, I googled on the spot and gave him the name... I think the wife is evelyn or what... straightaway he told me 'left long ago'... and so I asked anyone you could recommend. he said Keith.

He told me keith is the 'head of the ID' so I was hopeful. But keith has left home for the day... but but... ah wei is very eager and called keith to come back and so I waited half hour. our initial impression is wow - go home already still come back, very dedicated!

then keith arrived in a cab, he was apologetic and told us he usually goes back later but that day he happened to be sick... but still upon receiving ah wei's call he took a cab back ... so our impression was really good. thinking is he 'the one' that we've been searching for??

he showed us the showroom - well, design wise that's not my style. but anyway so we sat down and discuss my floor plan. his style is not really my kind, but he offers solution (or rather materials) that I've never heard of (prior to keith i searched to like, 10 prospects)... he's the only one who introduced compac plus as the kitchen table top unlike the usual quartz, marble etc... hubby and i love the compac plus but anyway that's a separate story.

what i wanted to share is. Keith appear v experienced, but he told us he has 8 projects on hand (i later realise pls DO NOT engage a contractor/ ID who has more than 3projects on hand) so we were worried he couldnt manage. he promised to keep to our budget and come back in 2 days time with quotation.

We left feeling soo very hopeful.

One day left. 2 days left. emails and calls gone unanswered... finally... when his quotation came via email almost a week later... he got our name wrongly... and exceeded the budget by 50%! it was a utter disappointment. and he never follow up after that.

and I wanted to share... I found out premplas thru renotalk. in fact, most of the 15 firms i went are recommended thru renotalk... but you need to PERSONALLY go and judge for yourself. you need to have the 'click' with whoever do your project. and end of the day, even if it's recommended for the carpentry, you can NEVER guarantee it's the same workers who did YOUR work. that's y pple always say it's heng suay kind of thingy...

despite all the homework i did... my own reno process is ... torturous. i have the 'click' with the person serving, but there's change in the carpentry staff and the carpentry works has ALOT of problem.

my word of advise is... go to an ESTABLISHED one that doesn't have major change in management... like for Premplas, they renamed to briggs design... tat's probably y the website is not working..

at one point, i read from the other thread that there's a recommended carpenter who's also called ah wei. and wondered if i shd just use premplas since this carpenter is also ah wei. but no. i'm glad i didn't.

Yes, the company renamed and my renovation was a total disaster. May have some financial difficulties since my Id left due to non-payment of his commission too. I heard from my supplier friend that the company got sued by other suppliers for non-payment too...... *shake head-

Hi all,

Recently, one of my good friend mentioned something negative regarding Premplas aka Briggs Design. She was suppose to get her HDB done by Briggs design in June.

Initially, she had already paid 50% of the contract price prior to starting work. But guess what, in the midst of the renovation process, the workers suddenly stopped work for at least 3 weeks! My friend was so anxious that she went to her new apartment everyday and just see all the material lying everywhere and there was no one working at all (worse part was that the front door was dismantled and there wasn't any form of protection to refrain strangers from entering the premises)! Just imagine how she felt! In the end, she had no choice but to head to the office at Woodlands to confront the person-in-charge and she found out that the contractors working for her premises had their payments delayed by Premplas for at least 3-6 months (that's they had to boycott all renovation works from Premplas)!

Upon hearing that, my friend decided to follow her then ID named Keith to another company to complete the work that was long due. Then Premplas' acting-director Richard and Chief Operating Office Rahman came out and started threatening my friend and her husband that if they are going to a new ID firm they will be taken to court for breaching of contract.