Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pslim

Jade Spring @ Yishun By Wawe Design

Hi all, happen to search for interior design ideas and came across this great page for owners to post their nicely done house pictures online. Decided to create 1 myself. Still trying to dig out some of the pictures which I took when I gotten my house keys. And also trying to figure out how to upload images to this forum. Will try to explore and post them soon.

Some brief background on my new house.

* Gotten this house through the remaining sales exercise, the block which I am staying is almost 1 year old already. All my neighbours had already moved in long time ago.

* Our searching journey for Ids/Contractors was quite straightforward.

* 2 recommendations:

- Father-in-law's friend. Prices look reasonable.

- Dad's good friend. My dad's friend actually owns a carpentry factory so he only deals with carpentry works but he told me he has a good interior designer to recommend to me. Wee Kuang from Wawe Design.

* Both prices are comparable. However, after come considerations, we decided to choose Wawe Design. Coz my in-law's ID did not promise me with any 3D drawings, and after some meet-ups with the 2 IDs, we felt more comfortable with Wee Kuang. The most important factor is that my dad's friend promise to give me a very good price for my carpentries which is as good as direct factory price.

* We went to Wawe Design website to see some of the past projects Wee Kuang did and the 3D drawings which he drew. Looks good to me especially on the 3D vs Actual products. The final products look very similar with the 3D drawings.

* So the renovation journey began on 20 March 2012. I will update some of the progress and the works done for the past few weeks so that can keep on track with the remaining works and post my reno pictures on time.

Thank you.

PS

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all, finally able to post images. This is my first image contribution, my house floorplan.

mrlimpuaysianfloorplan.jpg

Briefly mention some of items to be done for my house -

* Hacking of kitchen wall for a open concept kitchen

* Tiling for living, dining and passageway

* Laminate flooring for 3 bedrooms

* L-box for living area

* Platform for master bedroom

* Kitchen cabinets and island

* Bomb shelter feature wall

* TV console and feature wall

* Wardobes for master and bedroom 1

* Vanity cabinets for 2 toilets

* Feature wall for master bedroom and dining

Think there are quite a lot to be done :sport-smiley-018:

Hi, welcome to RT.

Which blk u in at jadespring, if u dt mind me asking?

Hi,

I stayed at 451. Are you staying nearby also?

Progress update 9 April 2012 - Day 13

Sorry still in the midst of sorting out my photos, will upload them within these few days. But some updates till now after 13 days.

* Kitchen wall hacked (Costed me a bomb just to engage PE for the hacking endorsement :bangwall: ) 28 March 2012

* Flooring tiling completed 30 March 2012 - 06 April 2012

* Shower kerb and kitchen bases done

* Electrical works done 4 April 2012 - 7 April 2012

* Air con trunking done (going to write something about this air con company later :curse: ) 29 March 2012

* False ceiling in progress started today 09 April 2012

Still in the midst of discussing carpertries and painting colors selection. Waiting for Wee Kuang for his revised 3D drawings :good:

Till now I would say the progress is going on quite fast and smooth (touch wood), also seek Wee Kuang's help to help me take photos for the progress, he told me he is more than willing to help when I told him I going to post in renotalk. Free advertising of course he more than willing to help :good:

Looking forward for my progress.

Hi all, finally able to post images. This is my first image contribution, my house floorplan.

mrlimpuaysianfloorplan.jpg

Briefly mention some of items to be done for my house -

* Hacking of kitchen wall for a open concept kitchen

* Tiling for living, dining and passageway

* Laminate flooring for 3 bedrooms

* L-box for living area

* Platform for master bedroom

* Kitchen cabinets and island

* Bomb shelter feature wall

* TV console and feature wall

* Wardobes for master and bedroom 1

* Vanity cabinets for 2 toilets

* Feature wall for master bedroom and dining

Think there are quite a lot to be done :sport-smiley-018:

Hi,

I just wander how u managed to do and place ur island? Did u hacked away all the wall between dining area and kitchen area? Even the black colour wall shown at the floorplan?

Hi,

I just wander how u managed to do and place ur island? Did u hacked away all the wall between dining area and kitchen area? Even the black colour wall shown at the floorplan?

Hi,

Still trying to find time to sort out the photos, will do that over the weekend. Please follow my blog, will show you how is done. Also sorting out my 3D designs with Wee Kuang, will post the designs also. :yamseng:

Progress update 25 April 2012 - Day 29 (Almost a month)

Sorry to all folks, been very busy with work and got no time to update my blog. Renovation taken place for almost a month, most of the items are done, carpentries are more or less firm up. Waiting for fabrication.

* False ceiling done - 10 April 2012

* Painting done - 17 April 2012

* Lightings and fan installed - 21 April 2012

* Supreme Laminate flooring and platform done - 18 April 2012

* Air Con System not up (Creation Air tells me no stock for my Mitsubishi aircon and need to wait till mid may :curse: ). After searching through renotalk and realised that there are a lot of bad feedbacks for this company, service is very lousy.

* Toilet and kitchen stuff all arrived - 21 April 2012

Some of the renovation photos.

dsc08449m.jpg

dsc08450n.jpg

Will upload the renovation progress pictures later on. :yamseng:

Edited by pslim

Progress update 03 May 2012 - Day 37

* 3D finally confirmed and carpentries fabrication in progress. Hopefully can see something next week. :sport-smiley-018:

Renovation pictures :yamseng: