Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Hello. Nice to see you and HDB sigh back! :notti:

Kept the utility room...my hubby calls it our cloak room to put bags etc. as we come in...sounds so pretentious, right? Heheh. Same air-con config. as you. Kept the balcony too. :notti: Really like the balcony 'cos it overlooks a little park and it's really nice having breakfast there in the morning. Fresh air.. :bangwall:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi TPY , u bought an EM in toa payoh? 8|

Yah, recently just brough it for $435

Hello. Nice to see you and HDB sigh back! :)

Kept the utility room...my hubby calls it our cloak room to put bags etc. as we come in...sounds so pretentious, right? Heheh. Same air-con config. as you. Kept the balcony too. :) Really like the balcony 'cos it overlooks a little park and it's really nice having breakfast there in the morning. Fresh air.. :)

Well, I do really like having breadfast in the balcony. However, early birds do spoil it as they fly in and spool on my plate. Anybody has this problem? :)

Oh dear, Hougang. 8| Is it near the central, at least?

Well, to offer you some comfort, I know someone who sold her EM (Block 851) in 1999 (I think) for $390k. It probably cost even higher in 1996/7. So, your price may not be the highest. Not the peak of the peak. Hougang is a nice place to live. Hello88 and MaCe are in Hougang.

I thought the resale transaction price INcludes the cash on valuation, i.e. it's the total price (valuation and cash on valuation)?

Transaction price is the price the house are transacted. It uses the vaulation report as a bench mark. Any price above valuation report is considered as Cask Over Valuation(COV).So on average, people wanted an EM in Toa Payoh pays the evualation report price of S$ 435,000 plus S$20,000 COV. Does that makes senses to the average price as dictated in HDB site? :)

EM is located at HG Ave 2.

EM in Toa Payoh - only 20k COV :):)

Now and more ... convinced that we were smoked by agent into offering 45k COV ... 8|

There goes my Mitsubishi Folio fridge and Daikin inverter aircon :)

EM in Toa Payoh - only 20k COV :jawdrop::thumbs up:

Now and more ... convinced that we were smoked by agent into offering 45k COV ... :)

There goes my Mitsubishi Folio fridge and Daikin inverter aircon :curse:

welcome to Hougang. So yours is over at Blk 700 series. Layout should be the same as mine. I hate my common toilet upstairs from day 1 cos the toilet bowl is right inside 8|

how much u paid for yr em?

Well, I do really like having breadfast in the balcony. However, early birds do spoil it as they fly in and spool on my plate. Anybody has this problem? :)

No birds fly in. Maybe 'cos we don't have any plants at the balcony? :thumbs up:

Transaction price is the price the house are transacted. It uses the vaulation report as a bench mark. Any price above valuation report is considered as Cask Over Valuation(COV).So on average, people wanted an EM in Toa Payoh pays the evualation report price of S$ 435,000 plus S$20,000 COV. Does that makes senses to the average price as dictated in HDB site? :jawdrop:

Still don't get it. Thought the resale transaction prices at the hdb website are just that - transacted prices, meaning the prices that buyers actually pay - valuation + any premium/discount.

I thought the new table recently released by HDB is too broad to be of any use. Just trying to cool the market down and make the prices of hdb flats in Singapore seem so unnaturally even. It is ridiculous to say that a hdb flat in Clementi has the same cash over valuation as a hdb flat in Jurong West, for example. Take a private property in Jurong West and compare that with a private property in Clementi, does anyone actually think they can pay the same price psf? Why should a hdb flat be any different?

Never mind, at least it's still within walking distance to the MRT station.

I think the problem with the recent high cash over valuation is because the gap between prices of private properties in prime areas and other areas have widened significantly in 2007. But, the valuations of hdb flats in prime areas have not followed suit.

380k ... :thumbs up:

toilets are in bad shape and have this pukey stench .... wondering if this is common for all old flats.

thinking of hacking and re-doing the toilet entirely, but hubby prefers to do an overlay.

any suggestions?

also, is it true that we can only install up to System 4 for EM ?

Yah, I redid all my toilets. I think it is a must for old flats for hygiene reasons. The toilet bowls are also not water saving.

But, my contractor recommended that we overlay the floors 'cos he said the waterproofing would be safer/ better with more layers of waterproofing. We hacked the sides.

Think GMC, who has since sold his EM, installed a McQuay System 5.

It is ridiculous to say that a hdb flat in Clementi has the same cash over valuation as a hdb flat in Jurong West, for example. Take a private property in Jurong West and compare that with a private property in Clementi, does anyone actually think they can pay the same price psf? Why should a hdb flat be any different?

Heheh. Just realised that the above is a little illogical in the sense that the premium for location should have already been priced in in the valuation. I.e. the valuation for a hdb flat in Clementi should be higher than that of a hdb flat in Jurong West. :thumbs up: So, if many buyers are willing to pay high cash above valuation for a particular location, then it suggests that the flats there may undervalued by the independent hdb valuer.

380k ... :thumbs up:

toilets are in bad shape and have this pukey stench .... wondering if this is common for all old flats.

thinking of hacking and re-doing the toilet entirely, but hubby prefers to do an overlay.

any suggestions?

meaning u paid 40k abv val? But if the hse in good shape then ok. I guess u're not doing a major overhaul right?

What do you guys think? Was 45k COV overboard?

Marble flooring at the hall is in okay condition - just need to find someone to do a major polish.

stairway and rooms - parquet - looks okay for a 12 years+ parquet flooring - unless i strike 4D or Toto, then will do a varnish 8| ... else will have to live with it.

Kitchen

Cabinets looked ok - old fashion though; but we did not open up the cabinets to look at the interior as think it is quite rude and offensive, and so, we have no idea whether the shelvings are okay etc .... :P

I am also comtemplating to move the sink and to open up the trash area, as the current layout is a sink cum brickwall covering the rubbish chute. **** difficult to throw rubbish down and also hope to change the chute to those with anti pest prevention .... i dun get along well with cockcroaches and lizards :)

Can only pray for the best to come out of this :)

Marble flooring at the hall is in okay condition - just need to find someone to do a major polish.

stairway and rooms - parquet - looks okay for a 12 years+ parquet flooring - unless i strike 4D or Toto, then will do a varnish :P ... else will have to live with it.

wow! $45k. But i think such high COV could be the norm now. we paid $23k for Bishan but we sealed the deal in Jan this year.... only recently then transacted and handover. where is your location?

At least u dont have to redo your floor... i goto do up the whole house.

380k ... 8|

any suggestions?

can install system 5 (with one compressor).

We figured out how we r going to do the aircon - 1 system 4 - 2 bedroom n living and dining. 1 casement aircon in room on lower level. 1 portable aircon for room in 2nd level. Total 6 sets. I was told we can only buy Daikin S4, Mit Electric S4 non invertor or Fujitsu bec of the restriction on the maximum running amp of 8.5 A. u have to check what is your max running amp.

Edited by tinkle

:~ we were looking around since start of year, but hubby could not decide whether to go for HDB or private. prices have gone up so much within this 1st half of year, esp for the last 3 months or so. really feel like 8| him :curse:

We were keen for Bishan and Sin Ming area too, as it will be nearer to my boy's primary school when he enrols in 2009, but the asking COV are all 50k and above. When we made calls to view the places, it's either last offer 40k but owner din accept, or offer made, owner considering etc.... how do a layman judge whether the agent is 'smoking' or not?

Btw, is yrs a EM too, and how much did u spend on reno? Reno down time? Mine is at HG ave 2. According to homeowner here, it is within walking distance to MRT. I think its between 10-20 mins, depending on how fast one walks and what type of shoes being worn :notti:

:~ we were looking around since start of year, but hubby could not decide whether to go for HDB or private. prices have gone up so much within this 1st half of year, esp for the last 3 months or so. really feel like 8| him :curse:

We were keen for Bishan and Sin Ming area too, as it will be nearer to my boy's primary school when he enrols in 2009, but the asking COV are all 50k and above. When we made calls to view the places, it's either last offer 40k but owner din accept, or offer made, owner considering etc.... how do a layman judge whether the agent is 'smoking' or not?

Btw, is yrs a EM too, and how much did u spend on reno? Reno down time? Mine is at HG ave 2. According to homeowner here, it is within walking distance to MRT. I think its between 10-20 mins, depending on how fast one walks and what type of shoes being worn :notti:

eh? what a conincidence. my boy is also enrolling in 2009.. wh school r u thinking of putting him?

oic, then we must be q lucky to get it at $23k.

My reno cost is around $30k for 3 toilets, kitchen, laminate flooring for rooms and homogeneous tiles for level 1. Will have to add another $4k for aircon. We r hoping not to exceed $35k if possible.

wow...so many of u paid cash abv valuation. My valuation was 340k back in mid 2005 and I paid 310k. But I had to overhaul the whole **** place and spend about 60k + inclusive of hob, hood, System 3 Mit Inv air-con and sink.

Edited by hello88

stairway and rooms - parquet - looks okay for a 12 years+ parquet flooring - unless i strike 4D or Toto, then will do a varnish :curse: ... else will have to live with it.

Kitchen

Cabinets looked ok - old fashion though; but we did not open up the cabinets to look at the interior as think it is quite rude and offensive, and so, we have no idea whether the shelvings are okay etc .... :~

I am also comtemplating to move the sink and to open up the trash area, as the current layout is a sink cum brickwall covering the rubbish chute. **** difficult to throw rubbish down and also hope to change the chute to those with anti pest prevention .... i dun get along well with cockcroaches and lizards :notti:

Can only pray for the best to come out of this 8|

Think that 45k COV is on the high side but I bought mine in Oct 06 and don't really know the market now.

Marble floor

I engaged a cleaning company who did both the reno. cleaning, floor polishing and carpet cleaning ($50). Cost me $680 in total. We were in a hurry and didn't have time to clean ourselves.

Kitchen

Really suggest that you redo the kitchen 'cos we also thought of saving costs and keeping the concrete sink support. Am so glad we didn't 'cos when they dismantled everything, there were so many cockroach carcases all over the place!! :curse:

Toilets

As I mentioned earlier, if you have extra, don't stinge on this. It's a matter of hygiene.

My valuation was 340k back in mid 2005 and I paid 310k. But I had to overhaul the whole **** place and spend about 60k + inclusive of hob, hood, System 3 Mit Inv air-con and sink.

You're so lucky...but isn't it interesting that the valuation in 2005 and 2007 is about the same? Didn't move at all? Think that this cash on valuation would not be a problem if the valuations are more on the spot with market sentiments!

My reno cost is around $30k for 3 toilets, kitchen, laminate flooring for rooms and homogeneous tiles for level 1. Will have to add another $4k for aircon. We r hoping not to exceed $35k if possible.

My total costs is about $36k: reno was about $22k - kitchen and 3 toilets, $4k sanitary/ kitchen items, $2k painting, $3k wardrobes, $2k aircon, $1.5k Electrician and lights, $1.5k miscellaneous e.g. cleaning, moving, etc.