Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

What do you guys think? Was 45k COV overboard?

Marble flooring at the hall is in okay condition - just need to find someone to do a major polish.

stairway and rooms - parquet - looks okay for a 12 years+ parquet flooring - unless i strike 4D or Toto, then will do a varnish :notti: ... else will have to live with it.

Kitchen

Cabinets looked ok - old fashion though; but we did not open up the cabinets to look at the interior as think it is quite rude and offensive, and so, we have no idea whether the shelvings are okay etc .... :yeah:

I am also comtemplating to move the sink and to open up the trash area, as the current layout is a sink cum brickwall covering the rubbish chute. **** difficult to throw rubbish down and also hope to change the chute to those with anti pest prevention .... i dun get along well with cockcroaches and lizards :notti:

Can only pray for the best to come out of this :o

My experiences with my EM is before the execution ot OTP, the house is in good shape ( Actually didn't have a through check) :sport-smiley-018:

The previous indian owner may had the idea of once execise it is considered as sold and not maintaining your house. Thus from the day one of OTP exercised, they have not been cleaning the house. So dirty and wonderhow they manage to leave with it.

:bleah:

Only When I take over the house key then I discovered a lot of problem like water leaking, Electrical shock circuit, sliding doors not sliding. 8|

Normaly people will do taht only when key take over but I would suggest you had a check list on the day you execise the OTP.

Just my experiences, for your consideration

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks for the tips.

Same applies for me. We din do a thorough check before giving out the offer cheque. Overall looks okay except for the pukey toilets. The kids love it, esp the staircase. My boy - after countless house hunting and viewing with us, opened his golden mouth n said 'BUY'. It was the only place that he likes. The other places we went, usually he will walk around but no comments.

I have not exercised my OTP yet (deadline is next week) .... hubby is out of town, have to wait for him to return first.

Can only pray that the owners maintain the house, else we will :sport-smiley-018::yeah::bleah: even more.

Same! :notti:

We asked him if he minded staying in a hdb flat with no facilities...and he laid down his condition, "only if there is a staircase". My children love the staircase! They'd roll balls down the staircase, throw balls up, peep at each other through the rails, demand to set up a communication basket like the one they saw at a tree house,... My husband said it is like a built-in playground! :notti:

ya, agree. All kids love the staircase. But after we moved in, my boys started to complain :bleah: cos they had to go up n down the stairs to get stuff unlike in our previous flat which was so much easier as they merely need to walk to the bedrooms :yeah:

its really good exercise for me though :sport-smiley-018:

Yap! So glad to see this thread alive again :rolleyes:

U completed your reno already?

Mine is starting today.... just remembered i havent told my neighbours abt it... ooppsss

completed and moved in 3 weeks ago hehe.

still hates to climb the stairs... :yamseng:

Really? Good luck!:rolleyes::)

TQ :) but i suspect it will take v long to do cos we moved all our things there and i took up 2.5 bedrooms!:yamseng:!

completed and moved in 3 weeks ago hehe.

still hates to climb the stairs... :(

hmmmm then why u buy EM ? :good:

TQ :( but i suspect it will take v long to do cos we moved all our things there and i took up 2.5 bedrooms!:rolleyes:!

hmmmm then why u buy EM ? :yamseng:

cos it's only flat avaliable during the WIS that has square floorplan. the rest all funny shapes...

our stuffs only 70% move in only....haiz....dunno when then 100%....so much cleaning to do, so much floor to sweep, so much window to clean :good:

cos it's only flat avaliable during the WIS that has square floorplan. the rest all funny shapes...

our stuffs only 70% move in only....haiz....dunno when then 100%....so much cleaning to do, so much floor to sweep, so much window to clean :yamseng:

Ya, me too. Starting to feel the pain in kneel after climbing up and down internal in the house and external up to the unit.

Anybody ever heard of LUP for EM? Coz I had seen an articular saying some unit may cost up to S$30,000 per unit from news paper :rolleyes:

Hey MaCe,

where abt is your EM in Hougang? Me over in Hougang Ave 7. Like Blossom0501, its under the HAMMER! Hahahaha ;)

my one lorahsoo(considered hougang also) under thunderbolt....but super clean leh...even though me 2ndfloor, rubbish chute no smell no see xiaoqiang. but different story for those 4room blocks behind us....

Ya, me too. Starting to feel the pain in kneel after climbing up and down internal in the house and external up to the unit.

Anybody ever heard of LUP for EM? Coz I had seen an articular saying some unit may cost up to S$30,000 per unit from news paper :lol:

huh? simi LUP? lift inside your mansionette unit serving 2 floors? :notti:

my one lorahsoo(considered hougang also) under thunderbolt....but super clean leh...even though me 2ndfloor, rubbish chute no smell no see xiaoqiang. but different story for those 4room blocks behind us....

huh? simi LUP? lift inside your mansionette unit serving 2 floors? ;)

Sorry. I should have state more clearly LUP for extenal, not all EMis design to have lift service at every EM floor.

Lift internal? New idea. Any body build their own escalator at home? :lol:

Sorry. I should have state more clearly LUP for extenal, not all EMis design to have lift service at every EM floor.

Lift internal? New idea. Any body build their own escalator at home? ;)

eh? i thot all mansionette got lift one???

Dunno leh...I used to find them really beautiful 'cos so much effort went into making them esp. the mother-of-pearl inlay ones. But, now I find them a bit too "loud" for me.

Dunno leh...I used to find them really beautiful 'cos so much effort went into making them esp. the mother-of-pearl inlay ones. But, now I find them a bit too "loud" for me.

my hubby is one that dun appreciate cos he said the furniture very 'teng kok kok' (hard for his backside) :)

My parent's 2nd house is an EM too...it comes without anything..still remembered running up and down the stairs without railings with my bro before renovation started...scaring my parents in the process.. :P

Kinda reminds me of my shildhood years...that's why must buy an EM!!